ADVERTISEMENT

2 a days

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Do freshman report friday? I've been out of the country and thus, out if the loop.

welcome back....from the looks of this board, everyone has been out of the country.

after all that welcome back business I guess it would have been polite to at least try and answer your question....I believe you are correct...Practice starts Friday.We have been so busy telling each other how little we know about what is going on that we have let slip the idea that football might actually be ready to start!

I will call up and see if they will be allowing former players to come watch some practice. I figure the first few days will be sloppy and everyone getting back into the swing, so I'll wait until the end of next week. That should be enough time to knock the rust off.

Do freshman report friday? I've been out of the country and thus, out if the loop.
Player check-in is on Thursday, Aug 6 with the first practice slated for Friday, Aug 7. Fan Day is set for Sunday:

Texas Athletics invites fans to the 2015 Texas Football Fan Day on Sunday, Aug. 9 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. The day's activities start at 9:45 a.m. with an open practice. This is the first opportunity for fans to get a glimpse of the Longhorns before the season opener vs. Notre Dame in South Bend.

Beginning at noon, fans will have an opportunity for photo ops with some of Texas' greatest traditions: BEVO XIV, Smokey the Cannon, Texas Cheer and Pom, Hook 'Em, AirHorn, and the world's largest Hook 'Em inflatable (weather permitting).

Following practice, fans are encouraged to head to the Red McCombs Red Zone for autographs from the 2015 Texas Football team and assistant coaches. Photos with Coach Strong will be taken by Texas Athletics personnel; fans will be given information on how to download the FREE photos online. Autographs will start at 1:30 p.m. and conclude at 3:30 p.m.

Special 18"x24" commemorative posters to be used for autographs will be provided to fans (Limit one poster per person). All autographs and activities are FREE and on a first-come, first-served basis. Large crowds are expected so please prepare accordingly. Fans may access the Red McCombs Red Zone following the conclusion of the open practice at noon.

Stay tuned to TexasSports.com for additional details including parking, open gates, and more.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

9:45 a.m.-noon: Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
  • Open practice
1:30-3:30 p.m.: Red McCombs Red Zone (enter Gates 8, 14, 16, or 25 beginning at noon)
  • Autographs with Texas Football players and assistant coaches
  • Photos with Texas Football head coach Charlie Strong
  • Photo opportunities with BEVO XIV, Smokey the Cannon, Texas Cheer and Pom, Hook 'Em, AirHorn and more!

That's autographs on an 18x24 poster that will be Free and one person limit per poster.NO OUTSIDE items(helmets,football,hats,t-shirts,photos,ect) will be allowed.This is due to NCAA rules and regulations.My thoughts on this policy should not be written.

ADVERTISEMENT