ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Texas Football Orange-White Scrimmage Thread

Hope the sun does Texas...LOL! I just hope we see that we have a chance of coming back, Texas in the top 10 again and making headway to the top that's more important than anything to a lotta fans and players.. THEY GOTTA BELIEVE!

Hook'em

I want to see a high level of competition from the QB's, I want to see an OL group step up and gel together, and of course I want to see Malik ball out!

I am looking at linebackers and how Jefferson might do at MLB...never a Santos fan but we seem thin there
I do think our offensive line should be significantly improved from the reps and starts last year
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think you'll see Malik be active and you'll see his athletic ability in some flashes, but he has a little ways to go with his learning the schemes and then reading and reacting on the run and without hesitating. Just takes time and reps.

Swoopes looked in control on that first drive. Pretty impressive actually even in a spring game setting.

Malik with a few tackles on the first possession.

I like the tempo on the offense and Swoops looked a lot better than last year. Whoever is playing weak side LB is slower than Christmas.

Pretty good possession by Heard. Heard has some legs.

We are definitely running some version of the spread and up tempo.

I'm at a loss for words regarding Swoopes and the O line.

Now that the scripted portion of the day is done things got bogged down for the offense. I like the feel of the offense but need to run the ball more to set up the pass. Even against that newer d-line the o-line can't establish a pocket. Run the ball more and also roll the pocket on passing plays.

I like Heard a lot more than Swoopes although Heard is staring down his receivers from the snap. That can be corrected. 5 zone reads so far.

This post was edited on 4/18 1:36 PM by TexasSizedFun

Spring for refs too.
eek.r191677.gif

Not a complete pass there.

Swoopes is the better QB right now.

Really improved. Heard has the legs, but Swoopes is way ahead in decision making and passing ability.

I was about to ask if we have the ability to throw a ball further than 8 years down the field- and then we throw a pick.

Smh.

And Swoopes throws one that's called back because of a hands to the face by a dline man.

2 thoughts about that- I will say, as I said earlier, we will see some flashes of Malik's potential, and I believe we are seeing it. He is a little tentative from time to time but that's part of being a freshman.

2nd thought- I was hoping it wouldn't be a true freshman that was the best athlete on the field.

I think Heard is the better QB, even playing with the second team offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT