ADVERTISEMENT

AGGIES 4TH YEAR COACH DOING WONDERS

They have no fear of Aggy and trolled them with that as well as ranking Sumlin the 9th best coach in the league of 14.... They're 13-11 in SEC play, why should they worry?

Reactions: MB-HORNS
Says the guy who has his horns going 6-6 this season following a 6-7 season.......

Yeah because I am being realistic on what a mess Strong was left. Also Strong is in year 2 while Sumlin is in year 4. So what is your point?

Says the guy who has his horns going 6-6 this season following a 6-7 season.......
Pretty realistic, don't ya think? I wouldn't "expect" any more than 6 or 7 wins going into year 2 with a much more difficult schedule. Anything more than 6 or 7 wins will be unexpected success with an extremely young OL and unknown QB variable. Whatever you thought that comment was going to accomplish was fairly idiotic, like the OP said, Sumlin is going into year 4...

Pretty realistic, don't ya think? I wouldn't "expect" any more than 6 or 7 wins going into year 2 with a much more difficult schedule. Anything more than 6 or 7 wins will be unexpected success with an extremely young OL and unknown QB variable. Whatever you thought that comment was going to accomplish was fairly idiotic, like the OP said, Sumlin is going into year 4...

I like how he said his Horns. Sounds like an aggy to me. TROLL ALERT...

Yeah because I am being realistic on what a mess Strong was left. Also Strong is in year 2 while Sumlin is in year 4. So what is your point?

Yep, Poor Mack went 8-5 with zero draft picks and Strong went 6-7 with five draft picks. Please stop it with the mess crap!

Will Strong ever reach an 8 win season at Texas before he gets fired?

Reactions: opietaylor798
Yep, Poor Mack went 8-5 with zero draft picks and Strong went 6-7 with five draft picks. Please stop it with the mess crap!

Will Strong ever reach an 8 win season at Texas before he gets fired?

I honestly don't know. But welcome Aggy. My question is when will Sumlin be fired? I hope never... If Strong is so bad you as an aggy should want him to stay forever.

I honestly don't know. But welcome Aggy. My question is when will Sumlin be fired? I hope never... If Strong is so bad you as an aggy should want him to stay forever.

Do you realize how ridiculous a fan of a 6-7 team talking smack looks?

Listen to yourself...

Yeah, we went 6-7 and we will likely go 6-6, but aggie......

That is just silly! You should be embarrassed!

I love this aggy line. You do realize that basically zero Olinemen or QBs that started in 13 were starting on the 14 team Texas team right? Complete overhaul/rebuild on the O. Apples and Oranges. A few sprinkles of draft picks on D was never going to change that.

And the further Sumlin gets away from that 2010 Oline class and Johnny the less wins and draft picks Sumlin has to show.... leading up to being picked dead last in the division in his 4th year.

Lets compare Strongs 3rd and 4th seasons to Sumlins 3rd and 4th seasons at aggy when we get to thst point.

He's simply deflecting from the OP...Typical Aggy behavior. The only folks that have a problem with the lack of respect the Aggy program is getting in the SEC are Aggy's... In Kevin Sumlin's 4th year, Aggy still thinks they are all that and folks that cover the SEC, don't...

I'm fairly sure Texas is picked around 5th in conference and Charlie is currently labeled the 5th best coach in the Big 12...rightfully so! They are going into year 2... We know where we are and what to expect.

Last edited:
Do you realize how ridiculous a fan of a 6-7 team talking smack looks?

Listen to yourself...

Yeah, we went 6-7 and we will likely go 6-6, but aggie......

That is just silly! You should be embarrassed!

Actually i'm not embarrassed one bit. But you should be. After running around Texas screaming SEC SEC and #WRTS the state for 4 yrs you think aggy was at least a real contender to win something. Now that is a an embarrassment. LMFAO.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Actually i'm not embarrassed one bit. But you should be. After running around Texas screaming SEC SEC and #WRTS the state for 4 yrs you think aggy was at least a real contender to win something. Now that is a an embarrassment. LMFAO.

If that is an embarrassment.... What is going 6-7 last season and having a worse record than Aggie in the last three years?

I love this aggy line. You do realize that basically zero Olinemen or QBs that started in 13 were starting on the 14 team Texas team right? Complete overhaul/rebuild on the O. Apples and Oranges. A few sprinkles of draft picks on D was never going to change that.

And the further Sumlin gets away from that 2010 Oline class and Johnny the less wins and draft picks Sumlin has to show.... leading up to being picked dead last in the division in his 4th year.

Lets compare Strongs 3rd and 4th seasons to Sumlins 3rd and 4th seasons at aggy when we get to thst point.

Since none of the OL got drafted, wouldn't that also mean you didn't lose much. What about all the four and five stars that were left? Face it horn fans, you guys went 6-7 with top three class juniors and seniors. You can't spin that. Then you say Mack left the team a mess and had five guys drafted. Now you will likely go 6-6 and have more guys drafted after this season. When will the time come when your excuses stop and you face reality?

Since none of the OL got drafted, wouldn't that also mean you didn't lose much. What about all the four and five stars that were left? Face it horn fans, you guys went 6-7 with top three class juniors and seniors. You can't spin that. Then you say Mack left the team a mess and had five guys drafted. Now you will likely go 6-6 and have more guys drafted after this season. When will the time come when your excuses stop and you face reality?

Which is? Pretty solid turnaround on the drafting aspect with ZERO players going the year before after 71 straight years of a player being drafted. Mack got destroyed in his final bowl game... Strong took over a mess, cleaned house up a little and then started the season by losing his Center, LT, RT and Starting QB (none of these return). Defense played fine and finished the season with a very respectable top 25 ranking.

It will be year three before we have a clue where this program is headed...I've said that from the beginning!

This topic is his deflection from reality. Hes trying to make himself feel better about being 6-7 and headed towards 6-6 this season. In reality, he just needs to be quiet.....
No dipshit, he's bringing up the reality that no one respects Aggy or even feels challenged by them in the SEC and it's SEC writers putting it our there...

Which is? Pretty solid turnaround on the drafting aspect with ZERO players going the year before after 71 straight years of a player being drafted. Mack got destroyed in his final bowl game... Strong took over a mess, cleaned house up a little and then started the season by losing his Center, LT, RT and Starting QB. Defense played fine and finished the season with a very respectable top 25 ranking.

It will be year three before we have a clue where this program is headed...I've said that from the beginning!

Just curious since this is a thread about projection where do you see our record at the end of the year?

If that is an embarrassment.... What is going 6-7 last season and having a worse record than Aggie in the last three years?

You still haven't won a thing, congrats though on basing your success on being better than big bro in a given year. This is the type of mindset that makes you aggy.

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
Just curious since this is a thread about projection where do you see our record at the end of the year?
I think y'all have a very favorable schedule. If they start the season out right in what should be considered more or less a home game in Houston, I expect them to start out the season 3-0, I'm gonna take Arkansas 3-1 and have them at 3-3 or 4-2 by the time they play Ole Miss in the Grove, you can flip a coin here until I see them play. I think they'll close out 3-2 from the Grove. So 7-8 regular season wins, four of which will be OOC. Pretty close to last years results. IMHO

To summarize....

You guys seem to be ok with the 6-7 and possible 6-6 start....

So, Strong needs to go 8-5 or better in 2016 to stay?

If not, yall have a serious case of pot meet kettle....

To summarize....

No, to summarize we know Strong was left a mess. We want titles and you simply want to be better than big bro. That's a better summary.

To summarize....

You may be slow, but you are starting to figure it out... I think he gets four years, regardless, possibly even five, but yes... Year three better be moving up in the win column. He also needs to start beating OU, TCU and Baylor. Only one of those was completely out of reach last year.

This isn't a rebuild... He is building his team!

I think y'all have a very favorable schedule. If they start the season out right in what should be considered more or less a home game in Houston, I expect them to start out the season 3-0, I'm gonna take Arkansas 3-1 and have them at 3-3 or 4-2 by the time they play Ole Miss in the Grove, you can flip a coin here until I see them play. I think they'll close out 3-2 from the Grove. So 7-8 regular season wins, four of which will be OOC. Pretty close to last years results. IMHO

I beleive that's a fair assessment, I have thoughts on these games but I have no idea what to truly expect until we start playing some games, will the defense actually be improved, are we going to start running the ball, will the new OL coach and run game coordinator show improvement in our oline play? The Arkansas game is going to be a big one for us, they lost some studs on D but Beliema has done a good job there. MSU lost a lot on defense but are returning probably the best QB in the SEC. Ole Miss is replacing their QB but overall has a good retuning team. I believe Auburn will be better, interested to see how much of an impact Muschamp has in year 1. I actually think their offense will be better with Johnson at QB. Then you have LSU who I actually am expecting us to beat at this point with their QB issues and Kevin Steele at DC. Its going to be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT