ADVERTISEMENT

AGGIES 4TH YEAR COACH DOING WONDERS

No but your defense lost all of its impact players so at this point you can only project them to be worse and you really haven't improved your QB or OL situation unless you are counting on true freshmen to solve your issues, either way that projects downward. If I were strong i'd roll with the youth movement at QB, OL and defense and build for year 3 where there could be some promise with the young guys. JMO
You girls have said something similar about UT every single offseason of my life. Whoever we lost is irreplaceable, whoever we kept won't get better, things are trending down. :D What's funny is that you really believe you're objective.

Strong has clearly shown he knows how to reload a D year in and year out. That's the least of my concerns. QB and O line have to improve. That remains to be seen.

CFB has one constant.....attrition. Next man up! Good coaches don't struggle after every draft. Texas defense won't fall off much, it may actually be a better more cohesive unit with the additional time under Strong and Bedford. Last years squad was nothing spectacular and still finished the season top 25 in total D!

1 DT, 2 CB's and 1 LB were drafted. Texas has plenty of talent at those positions and the coaches to keep them productive!

The additional players were taken as UDFA's. 1 DE and 1 ILB.

We good to go, yo!

Last edited:
CFB has one constant.....attrition. Next man up! Good coaches don't struggle after every draft. Texas defense won't fall off much, it may actually be a better more cohesive unit with the additional time under Strong and Bedford. Last years squad was nothing spectacular and still finished the season top 25 in total D!

1 DT, 2 CB's and 1 LB were drafted. Texas has plenty of talent at those positions and the coaches to keep them productive!

The additional players were taken as UDFA's. 1 DE and 1 ILB.

We good to go, yo!

So 2 linebackers who at this point you won't replace with better players, your far and away two best defensive lineman that you will not replace with better players, and your best 2 defensive backs that you will not replace with better players? If I am wrong thats fine but I would be interested in why you feel the guys you are relacing them with are going to be better players as first time starters. That is a lot of production that you guys lost from upperclassmen that didn't rank in the top 25 of any defensive category. Strong is a very good defensive coach it just seems he is having to rebuild the defense with youth and that may take longer then you expect.

The biggest two losses are the DT MB and LB Hicks. Reed struggled, Diggs is a player but easily replaceable and that will likely be Bonney. The other CB had a brake out season under Strong's direction and Echols will be fine unless Hill wins the job! Jason Hall will play S, Tank and Ridgeway will fill the interior while Hughes and Davis come off the edge. Malik takes Hicks role and Santos won't have any problem filling Edmonds shoes.

Last edited:
This is where horn fans get caught up in their spin. They say Mack left nobody for Strong, yet they act like they have this next man up on their defense. It just doesn't add up!

This is where horn fans get caught up in their spin. They say Mack left nobody for Strong, yet they act like they have this next man up on their defense. It just doesn't add up!
Offense has been the issue, not the defense... in recruiting and on the field.... Dumbass

Last edited:
The biggest two losses are the DT MB and LB Hicks. Reed struggled, Diggs is a player but easily replaceable and that will likely be Bonney. The other CB had a brake out seadon under Strong's direction and Echols will be fine unless Hill wins the job! Jason Hall will play S, Tank and Ridgeway will fill the interior while Hughes and Davis come off the edge. Malik takes Hicks role and Santos won't have any problem filling Edmonds shoes.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way but do you really expect Malik to just jump in and fill Hicks is role and match his production from last year? Reed did struggle but nobody on your roster was able to replace him last year while struggling so thats a question for me. Shiro really needs to break out and he's probably due. M. Brown carried that whole defense and thats going to be near impossible to replace unless Ridgeway finally wakes up. I do really like your pair of young safeties, I think they give you something to build on in the secondary.

I'm done arguing with you... Hicks had one healthy season on the forty! Good player, not the best by any means! Malik is every bit as athletic and has the football IQ. There will be missed steps, but the talent is there!

They disn't try to replace Reed at any point in the season, He was a Sr and played just fine. He simply had low production thought most of the season and they still placed in the top 25....

I don't want you to take this the wrong way but do you really expect Malik to just jump in and fill Hicks is role and match his production from last year? Reed did struggle but nobody on your roster was able to replace him last year while struggling so thats a question for me. Shiro really needs to break out and he's probably due. M. Brown carried that whole defense and thats going to be near impossible to replace unless Ridgeway finally wakes up. I do really like your pair of young safeties, I think they give you something to build on in the secondary.

The most mind blowing part of the horn thought process is they have an example game staring at them in the face. They were missing one DB the whole game and an LB off and on while Iowa State ran all over them. Now they think they will be fine after missing more than that this season.....

ISU was a complete letdown yet they still won the game. Nuff said

They got ran all over all season long and still posted a top 25 D...

Last edited:
I'm done arguing with you... Hicks had one healthy season on the forty! Good player, not the best by any means! Malik is every bit as athletic and has the football IQ. There will be missed steps, but the talent is there!

They disn't try to replace Reed at any point in the season, He was a Sr and played just fine. He simply had low production thought most of the season and they still placed in the top 25....

I didn't realize we were arguing, just giving you my thoughts and trying to have a discussion, i was just surprised that you felt Malik could come right in for Hicks as a true freshmen.

This was posted on the pay board... Knock out blow... LOL

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings I know @utisdabomb12 will love this.

Somehow Texas inched in front of Aggy despite the following factors the agroids say are in their favor:

Aggy brand awareness at an all time due to Johnny Football
Aggy plays in the best conference in college football
Aggy facilities were in the process of $500 million renovation
Aggy has exciting offense that puts up a bunch of points
Aggy has charismatic head coach
Aggy conference sends more players to the NFL
Aggy has more nationally televised game and get higher ratings.
Texas plays in the worst power 5 conference or what they refer to as the "BDF" or Big Dumpster Fire on Texags.
Texas has a head coach who doesn't speak well in public
Texas has no offense and no QB
Texas' conference sends no players to the NFL
Texas is coming off a 6-7 season
Texas has a failed TV network.

So somehow, despite all these positive factors for Aggy and every thing that could wrong for Texas, we still managed to inch ahead of them in the composite rankings.

How can this be?

Just do some semblance of winning and we can boat race their asses in recruiting.

Reactions: Scholz

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings I know @utisdabomb12 will love this.

Somehow Texas inched in front of Aggy despite the following factors the agroids say are in their favor:

Texas plays in the worst power 5 conference or what they refer to as the "BDF" or Big Dumpster Fire on Texags.

So somehow, despite all these positive factors for Aggy and every thing that could wrong for Texas, we still managed to inch ahead of them in the composite rankings.

How can this be?

Just do some semblance of winning and we can boat race their asses in recruiting.

LMAO

Reactions: MB-HORNS

How can this be?

now all you need is the winning.

I didn't realize we were arguing, just giving you my thoughts and trying to have a discussion, i was just surprised that you felt Malik could come right in for Hicks as a true freshmen.
He would start for Aggy and be the greatest thing since sliced bread, heck Holton Hill and Kris Boyd would start for Aggy as Fish as well.

As for MJ, he has the ability and the mental capacity to do so, special player! As high as you want to hold Hicks, he had one healthy season and it got him drafted! Reed was more productive in the former scheme and they won't have a problem filling his role. Diggs was good and would lay the wood, but it's not hard to replace a nickle with the talent we have on the roster (I liked the little fella). We also have Edwin Freeman who will be a damn good addition on the field at Mike or SAM, with Cherry and Wheeler coming in. We also have a Senior in Jinkens that is the likely SAM and more depth at Mike with Jr Tim Cole. You can guarantee, even though Tank and Ridgeway take the nose and tackle positions, Ford and Boyette will get snaps (depth) and even though Hughes at Fox will see the majority, Bluiett and Roberson will get snaps (depth), then you have Davis at SDE with Cottrel whom had a big Spring and Vasser the JUCO getting snaps (depth)

The defense is going to be another Strong product... One of the players I look forward to the most is Davante Davis yet another awesome CB prospect.

Strong is a very good defensive coach it just seems he is having to rebuild the defense with youth and that may take longer then you expect.
His M.O. at Louisville was the same as it is here in terms of recruiting as well as roster management. He went 7-6 the first two years there and 11-2 the third. He did this by maxing out the senior players the first year (check) and installing a lot of youth in year 2 (also check). Most likely it will pay dividends next year given the youth at the most important position to boot. This year should be 7-6/8-5 but it will most likely be on the offense again, not the D.

He would start for Aggy and be the greatest thing since sliced bread, heck Holton Hill and Kris Boyd would start for Aggy as Fish as well.

As for MJ, he has the ability and the mental capacity to do so, special player! As high as you want to hold Hicks, he had one healthy season and it got him drafted! Reed was more productive in the former scheme and they won't have a problem filling his role. Diggs was good and would lay the wood, but it's not hard to replace a nickle with the talent we have on the roster (I liked the little fella). We also have Edwin Freeman who will be a damn good addition on the field at Mike or SAM, with Cherry and Wheeler coming in. We also have a Senior in Jinkens that is the likely SAM and more depth at Mike with Jr Tim Cole. You can guarantee, even though Tank and Ridgeway take the nose and tackle positions, Ford and Boyette will get snaps (depth) and even though Hughes at Fox will see the majority, Bluiett and Roberson will get snaps (depth), then you have Davis at SDE with Cottrel whom had a big Spring and Vasser the JUCO getting snaps (depth)

The defense is going to be another Strong product... One of the players I look forward to the most is Davante Davis yet another awesome CB prospect.

Ok here's the difference, if Malik started for us then whom did he replace? I would say he is replacing a player whom wasn't as good as him therefore we got better at that position, for you him replacing Hicks is not an upgrade in year one. Also I will go on record saying I do not like Malik playing inside as a freshmen, its fox or bust but thats just my opinion from watching the spring game. You have some good players but at this point how can you possibly say any of the guys you mentioned are definite upgrades over what you lost? Thats my view doesn't mena it has to be yours and I am not trying to change your mind. I really like Hill and Davis but they're freshmen and will make mistakes. I do think Jenkins could be a guy that could replace Hicks but he hasn't shown it consistantly, I still think he can be a player though.

His M.O. at Louisville was the same as it is here in terms of recruiting as well as roster management. He went 7-6 the first two years there and 11-2 the third. He did this by maxing out the senior players the first year (check) and installing a lot of youth in year 2 (also check). Most likely it will pay dividends next year given the youth at the most important position to boot. This year should be 7-6/8-5 but it will most likely be on the offense again, not the D.

thats fine, but what got him to 11 wins was having a QB, IMO he's got to find a QB to get back to that level and I don't think you guys have that guy on the roster at this point.

And ULM played toe to toe with aTm......one of the worst offenses in the country .....what's aggy point again? Dumbass

Lets take a look at the draft shall we? Let's turn the tides a little since you like to pride yourself on having Chavis. How many defensive players were drafted each year under his direction and where did the rank in defense the following year.... those guys didn't have stats either! There is nothing to compare, it's CFB, next man up and we have the talent, that is my point, nothing more!

thats fine, but what got him to 11 wins was having a QB, IMO he's got to find a QB to get back to that level and I don't think you guys have that guy on the roster at this point.
Based on your infinite wisdom...

Pooch, I wanted to make a few things clear.

For starters, the Malik Jefferson you are saying can't be relied on as a true freshman is the same Malik Jefferson that was going to save the TAMU defense from day 1 back when you guys thought he was an Aggie Lock.

Your roster analysis is incorrect. MB2 is a stud, but teams lose studs all the time. Ridgeway finished the season playing at an elite level, and many say he is a 1st round draft prospect. I will also remind you that we lost Tank Jackson not he first game last year, a very good DT who would start anywhere in the conference, and we are getting back. Add to that the fact that Boyette and Poona have been impressive in the spring and we are set at DT. Reed did not play well last year, it won't be hard to replace him, I have a theory that Bluitt who started most of 2014 at WDE and has gained a few pounds will start there, if he does he will contribute a lot more. Hughes on the other side was one of our best players last year, as a RS FR.

Hicks will be tough to replace because of his football IQ, but Malik is twice the athlete, and though he may struggle early he will be a stud very soon. Santos and Edmond are very similar, but I like Freeman coming in and steeling that job. Freeman is very similar to Alaka, in pretty much every way.

Finally in the secondary I was under the impression that our best player from last year was Jason Hall, Duke Thomas is back, as is our other starting S. Diggs will be replaced by Bonney and the only other question mark is CB, where we have Echols, Hill, and Boyd.

I think our D will be just fine, it may take a couple games but it will end up being solid.

Finally this has nothing to do with what Mack Brown left us, he left a disaster at O Line and QB, plus a roster filled with entitled players most of which have already left the program.

It's funny that Texas players are the only ones that are irreplaceable, and our young players will never get better.

ADVERTISEMENT