ADVERTISEMENT

AGGIES 4TH YEAR COACH DOING WONDERS

Lets take a look at the draft shall we? Let's turn the tides a little since you like to pride yourself on having Chavis. How many defensive players were drafted each year under his direction and where did the rank in defense the following year.... those guys didn't have stats either! There is nothing to compare, it's CFB, next man up and we have the talent, that is my point, nothing more!

If you say so. I think you are going to be very disapointed if you are expecting to have LSU level defensive talent this year.

If you say so. I think you are going to be very disapointed if you are expecting to have LSU level defensive talent this year.
That wasn't the claim dip shit, then again, you don't think they have shit for depth if you read this very thread and you don't think Texas has shit for depth if you read the recruiting thread. But aggy is gonna be top fity cause they got da Chief... Keep twisting and or manipulating text to fit your agenda.

Pooch, I wanted to make a few things clear.

For starters, the Malik Jefferson you are saying can't be relied on as a true freshman is the same Malik Jefferson that was going to save the TAMU defense from day 1 back when you guys thought he was an Aggie Lock.

Your roster analysis is incorrect. MB2 is a stud, but teams lose studs all the time. Ridgeway finished the season playing at an elite level, and many say he is a 1st round draft prospect. I will also remind you that we lost Tank Jackson not he first game last year, a very good DT who would start anywhere in the conference, and we are getting back. Add to that the fact that Boyette and Poona have been impressive in the spring and we are set at DT. Reed did not play well last year, it won't be hard to replace him, I have a theory that Bluitt who started most of 2014 at WDE and has gained a few pounds will start there, if he does he will contribute a lot more. Hughes on the other side was one of our best players last year, as a RS FR.

Hicks will be tough to replace because of his football IQ, but Malik is twice the athlete, and though he may struggle early he will be a stud very soon. Santos and Edmond are very similar, but I like Freeman coming in and steeling that job. Freeman is very similar to Alaka, in pretty much every way.

Finally in the secondary I was under the impression that our best player from last year was Jason Hall, Duke Thomas is back, as is our other starting S. Diggs will be replaced by Bonney and the only other question mark is CB, where we have Echols, Hill, and Boyd.

I think our D will be just fine, it may take a couple games but it will end up being solid.

Finally this has nothing to do with what Mack Brown left us, he left a disaster at O Line and QB, plus a roster filled with entitled players most of which have already left the program.

It's funny that Texas players are the only ones that are irreplaceable, and our young players will never get better.

First, everyone thought Malik was a lock until the night before he announced, it wasn't just an Aggie thing. And he wasn't the savior, he would have been another piece but I never thought he was going to start as a freshmen at least not immediatley. If Santos and Edmond are similar then why didn't Santos start? Freeman may beat out Santos I thought Freeman looked pretty good in the spring game. Freeman is not on Alaka's level, i'll just leave that right there. Everything may work out as you stated but to say its anything other than projections or wishful thinking at this point then you aren't being honest with yourself. Strong is a very good defensive coach so you always have that in your corner and he has proven he can develope talent at least IMO he has. I just think it may take a little longer then you think it will because i don't think there is a lot of developed talent ready to go, his talent is young and may take a little time.

That wasn't the claim dip shit, then again, you don't think they have shit for depth if you read this very thread and you don't think Texas has shit for depth if you read the recruiting thread. But aggy is gonna be top fity cause they got da Chief... Keep twisting and or manipulating text to fit your agenda.

I have not hid my opinion that I don't think you have the defensive depth and talent yet. LSU has had defensive depth since Saban was there and this year is the first year that their talent has fallen off a little but its mostly just the dline that I am not high on.

Do you know anything about his defense? So, we project they'll be good, not great, good (top 30ish)... Pooch projects they'll be average to sub par with a hint of too young to compete, yet he thinks having Cheif alone propels Aggy into a top 50 defense, as high as 40 If I remember correctly from the recruiting thread, heck it might have been this thread. Your spewing bullshit like it's fact not a projection. The only constant in CFB is attrition!!!

Do you know anything about his defense? So, we project they'll be good, not great, good (top 30ish)... Pooch projects they'll be average to sub par with a hint of too young to compete, yet he thinks having Cheif alone propels Aggy into a top 50 defense, as high as 40 If I remember correctly from the recruiting thread, heck it might have been this thread. Your spewing bullshit like it's fact not a projection. The only constant in CFB is attrition!!!

We've basically lost nobody on D, our guys are going to be a year older, we've added some more talent and signed the best DC in college football, so yes i expect us to be much better. You guys lost all of your most productive players and feel there will be no fall off and yet I'm not being objective.

Pooch of course these are projections, it's May!!!! What is wrong with you.

What I am saying is that we have talent on D, so this doom scenario you like to imagine is not accurate.

Reactions: TexExSpur
We've basically lost nobody on D, our guys are going to be a year older, we've added some more talent and signed the best DC in college football, so yes i expect us to be much better. You guys lost all of your most productive players and feel there will be no fall off and yet I'm not being objective.

Here we go once again with this crap $AVIOR CHAVIS. When is the statue going up?

What I am saying is that we have talent on D, so this doom scenario you like to imagine is not accurate.

I never said doom, I just don't think you will be as good on defense as you were last year, thats it. 50 yards per game is all that sepererates where you finished last season to moving all the way down to 70.

You've basically lost nobody on a D that couldn't tackle, stop the run or cover the deep ball.. that doesn't have a stacked line, very average LB's with shoulder issues and a poor secondary. I'm not buying an immediate turnaround, I do think it will happen, in several years. Granted, they don't need to be really good if your offense is prolific.

OA was not very good at times, he should be better, but that is not a given, it's a projection as you would say.

I already know what you think about Texas so there is no sense in replying to deaf ears.

Chavis.....will make a lot of big plays....plus he is a solid tackler......DUMBASS

You've basically lost nobody on a D that couldn't tackle, stop the run or cover the deep ball.. that doesn't have a stacked line, very average LB's with shoulder issues and a poor secondary. I'm not buying an immediate turnaround, I do think it will happen, in several years. Granted, they don't need to be really good if your offense is prolific.

OA was not very good at times, he should be better, but that is not a given, it's a projection as you would say.

I already know what you think about Texas so there is no sense in replying to deaf ears.

I thought OA was great last year and made big plays especially against Auburn. Kid is going to be a star. IMO your biggest flaw regarding how you see our defense is how bad you underestimate our dline

DE- Garret (5star) , Cunningham (4 star), Darrell Jackson
DE- Hall (4star), Julien Obioha, Jarret Johnson, Lockhart
DT- Walker (4 star), Henderson (4 star), Manning (4 star), Keke (4 star)
DT- Williams, Deshawn Washington (4 star), Daylon Mack ( 5 star)

Chavis doesn't underperform and maximizes talent...to take a line from you guys its his MO. Our dline has the potential to be one of the tops in the SEC this year. A lot of our flaws on D last year were fundamental, misalignment, communication on coverage and responsibility and youth. You are right to question our D im not arguing with you or trying to convince you we are going to be great, I am trying to tell you what I believe you may be missing and why I believe we are going to be much better.

Are the star rankings supposed to matter to me? We have high-end "potential" as well, you're "projecting" as you accuse us of doing. Like you, I don't buy "your" projections, hits head on the wall, repeatedly.

Here is how I see your D-line stacking up:
DE: Myles Garrett, Qualen Cunningham
DT: Alonzo Williams, Hardreck Walkers
DT: Zaycoven Henderson, Julien Obioha or see below, Daylon Mack
DE: Daeshon Hall, Julien Obioha

Garrett needs to improve against the run ( he is a phenomenal talent ), Daylon will get plenty of snaps, Obioha worked at DT in the spring and Chavis scheme is where players become attractive, I like the DE's for his style of defense.

I don't undervalue your DL, you do undervalue ours. As for the STAR rankings, You will likely have Garrett a true 5* stud, 2 low 4*'s and a 3* composite player starting the season. We will have 2 high 4* (Tank is a blue chip recruit who can take the reigns from MB) , a mid 4* and a high 3* so don't give me the star ranking garbage. Our DL also has plenty of snaps under their belt.

Outside of being the DC, Chavis is also the LB coach so their play will be on him and his ability to maximize talent as you see it.

Last edited:
I love how Oldschool Cat sits around until his beloved Aggies are bagged on and decides to respond. Little brother move.

Are the star rankings supposed to matter to me? We have high-end "potential" as well, you're "projecting" as you accuse us of doing. Like you, I don't buy "your" projections, hits head on the wall, repeatedly.

Stars don't mean anything they are just showing you what kind of projected talent is in the pipeline. All but 2 of those guys are underclassmen with Walker and Hall being juniors this year. Also, if the stars are correct then you would expect the best DC in college football, a guy who has sent numerous guys to the NFL to maxamize their talent. Also, again, my argument has never been that you don't have any talent its that you are not replacing your production that you lost with better players therefore expecting it to be better than last year may not be realistic. It could be though, we'll se, its just my opinion.

Drop the word "better", I've never made that claim. Status quo works for me. I'm simply saying their won't be a major fall off in performance/production. There won't be and they will get off and play behind the line of scrimmage!

Tank fills MB's roll and they replace a mid 4* who struggled last year....Our DL will be good to go!

Last edited:
I think everyone needs to realize that neither team is doing very well when it comes to recruiting.

Bama is coming in and taking who they want right now. This is a good year for olinemen and Bama is on the verge of stealing two of the top three. The best TE to come out of Texas in some time has committed to an OOS school. Bama just stole one of the top DTs in the state. Last year Bama took the top Safety in the state.

Where would aggsy and Texas been ranked last year if we just split the top players instead of letting them go to Bama, LSU, Stanford etc

That is the one thing I'm hoping Strong can get turned around, because the fact is Texas can compete with the kids they are getting but to win championships they need to close the deal on these kids.

Again, just another side effect of aggsy leaving, so far you are still aggsy but I'm sure it's ok for you guys after all a win for the sec is a aggsy win.

Drop the word "better", I've never made that claim. Status quo works for me. I'm simply saying their won't be a major fall off in performance/production. There won't be and they will get off and play behind the line of scrimmage!

Tank fills MB's roll and they replace a mid 4* who struggled last year....Our DL will be good to go!

Fair you didn't say better just i didn't call for a complete fall off. IMO you are making two huge leaps expecting Malik to step right in for Hicks and Tank to fill MB's role. MB was pretty damn dominant last year and that was with him being the focal point of the opposing offense. Tank doesn't move the needle for me but Ridgeway's potential does, he's the guy that can really impact your D if he gets his head right but he hasn't shown that yet consitantly.

Again, just another side effect of aggsy leaving, so far you are still aggsy but I'm sure it's ok for you guys after all a win for the sec is a aggsy win.
They don't care. They weren't going to win anything in either conference so it's a wash for them. And since it hurts us, they probably consider it a win because they hate us more than they like themselves. Just look at their joyous comments at us losing the Hulk to Bama for the latest proof.

Lmao that first sentence should scare you to death... your defense cant stop a special Olympics pop warner football team

Lmao that first sentence should scare you to death... your defense cant stop a special Olympics pop warner football team
Prison sentences for starters will do that to a squad. I think they'll be improved this season, as long as there isn't a repeat of last summer.

Fair you didn't say better just i didn't call for a complete fall off. IMO you are making two huge leaps expecting Malik to step right in for Hicks and Tank to fill MB's role. MB was pretty damn dominant last year and that was with him being the focal point of the opposing offense. Tank doesn't move the needle for me but Ridgeway's potential does, he's the guy that can really impact your D if he gets his head right but he hasn't shown that yet consitantly.

Brown was a good player!

He had 28 solo tackles, 12 for a loss and 2 sacks in 2013 and went on to have 39 solo tackles, 15 for a loss and 6.5 sacks last year.

CAREER HIGHS

Tackles: 10, two times, vs. Iowa State (So.) & BYU (Jr.)
Tackles for loss: 4, vs. BYU (Jr.)
Sacks: 2.5, vs. BYU (Jr.)
Pass breakups: 2, vs. TCU (So.)
QB pressures: 2, vs. TCU (So.)
Forced Fumbles: 1, two times, vs. BYU (Jr.) & at Oklahoma State (Jr.)

His replacement, a medical red shirt who started the first three games at defensive tackle before lisfranc surgery on his injured foot ended his season, he has played in 41 games and has 16 starts. I'm glad to have that kind of experience and leadership stepping in where MB's production checked out.

CAREER HIGHS
Tackles: 8, at West Virginia (Jr.)
TFL: 3, at West Virginia (Jr.)
Sacks: 2.0, at West Virginia (Jr.)

He doesn't have to be better than MB, he needs to do his job and be a leader on defense!

As for Ridgeway, he switched from DE to DT during the 2013 off season, he started 10 games last year and was pretty solid (heck, he was pretty damn productive)! He will probably be the one that takes over in the actual production department... I believe he had just as many Sacks as MB last year.

Last edited:
Brown was a good player!

He had 28 solo tackles, 12 for a loss and 2 sacks in 2013 and went on to have 39 solo tackles, 15 for a loss and 6.5 sacks last year.

CAREER HIGHS

Tackles: 10, two times, vs. Iowa State (So.) & BYU (Jr.)
Tackles for loss: 4, vs. BYU (Jr.)
Sacks: 2.5, vs. BYU (Jr.)
Pass breakups: 2, vs. TCU (So.)
QB pressures: 2, vs. TCU (So.)
Forced Fumbles: 1, two times, vs. BYU (Jr.) & at Oklahoma State (Jr.)

His replacement, a medical red shirt who started the first three games at defensive tackle before lisfranc surgery on his injured foot ended his season, he has played in 41 games and has 16 starts. I'm glad to have that kind of experience and leadership stepping in where MB's production checked out.

CAREER HIGHS
Tackles: 8, at West Virginia (Jr.)
TFL: 3, at West Virginia (Jr.)
Sacks: 2.0, at West Virginia (Jr.)

He doesn't have to be better than MB, he needs to do his job and be a leader on defense!

As for Ridgeway, he switched from DE to DT during the 2013 off season, he started 10 games last year and was pretty solid (heck, he was pretty damn productive)! He will probably be the one that takes over in the actual production department... I believe he had just as many Sacks as MB last year.

You realize Brown did that while being double teamed most of the time, that free'd up your other dlinemen, who is going to command that double this year and free up the other memebrs of your dline? And who can be as productive as Brown was while being doubled?

You realize Brown did that while being double teamed most of the time, that free'd up your other dlinemen, who is going to command that double this year and free up the other memebrs of your dline? And who can be as productive as Brown was while being doubled?
I do! Ridgeway is the one they'll look to Double. He will get his and it will free up the rest. I also believe they'll have very little issue winning their 1 on 1's.

I do! Ridgeway is the one they'll look to Double. He will get his and it will free up the rest. I also believe they'll have very little issue winning their 1 on 1's.

Fair enough thats your opinion and we'll see how it works out. I will concede that Ridgeway has potential to be that guy, he would be the guy I would be most worried about on your dline if we were playing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT