ADVERTISEMENT

AGGIES 4TH YEAR COACH DOING WONDERS

This topic is his deflection from reality. Hes trying to make himself feel better about being 6-7 and headed towards 6-6 this season. In reality, he just needs to be quiet.....

Some of us realize that 6 wins last season is a sign Coach Strong is a better coach than Mack. The last time Mack's roster management left Texas without an OL or QB, in 2010, Mack led them to 5-7 against an easier schedule. 9 starters on the 2010 defense were drafted. The previous year Texas was 13-1 and played for the MNC.

See mm42's SEC rant. If LSU had want to keep him they would have.

So they wanted to get rid of their DC who finished with a top 10 defense3 of the last 4 years but decided to keep their OC who finished with the 80th ranked offense? Sure that makes sense.

So they wanted to get rid of their DC who finished with a top 10 defense3 of the last 4 years but decided to keep their OC who finished with the 80th ranked offense? Sure that makes sense.
Or maybe, pooch, if you could be objective about a single topic, you might consider that Chief wasn't the driving force behind that D. They obviously didn't fight for him. That's another one of those pesky facts you're so allergic to.

They offered him a minor bump in pay. They had a chance to up the $$$ and change the contractual link to Les.... They decided not to. They absolutely did not fight for him!

They offered him a minor bump in pay. They had a chance to up the $$$ and change the contractual link to Les.... They decided not to. They absolutely did not fight for him!

I absolutley agree that they chose not to keep him especially at the price we were offering. My point was it wasn't performance based.

Or maybe, pooch, if you could be objective about a single topic, you might consider that Chief wasn't the driving force behind that D. They obviously didn't fight for him. That's another one of those pesky facts you're so allergic to.

I guess but how do you come to that conclusion? He has been a top DC at Tennessee and LSU, he has developed many many NFL prospects, he was the only DC who figured out Manziel, its possible you are right but I don't know how you come to that conclusion.

I absolutley agree that they chose not to keep him especially at the price we were offering. My point was it wasn't performance based.
They didn't feel he was worth the bump or not linking him to Les. Call it what you will, but it appears they were willing to part ways with third and Chavis...

They didn't feel he was worth the bump or not linking him to Les. Call it what you will, but it appears they were willing to part ways with third and Chavis...

Spin it how you want, doesn't matter to me becasue he's here. Nothing about his past performance will make me feel as if we didn't hit a grand slam

Can someone smarter than me explain "third and Chavis"? I would have loved my Ags to hold other teams to third down.

Spin it how you want, doesn't matter to me becasue he's here. Nothing about his past performance will make me feel as if we didn't hit a grand slam
I didn't spin anything Aggy. They were willing to part ways with him and did. End of Story!

I guess but how do you come to that conclusion? He has been a top DC at Tennessee and LSU, he has developed many many NFL prospects, he was the only DC who figured out Manziel, its possible you are right but I don't know how you come to that conclusion.
I'm going off of LSU letting him walk. The reason for that I don't know. Maybe they didn't want to be his last payday. Maybe they thought he was lazy and over the hill. He hasn't exactly burned up the recruiting trail and landed any stud defensive players upon his arrival at your school now has he. And maybe it was Brick Haley and other assistants doing the heavy lifting in landing all that talent. You ever hear the phrase "It's not the Xs and the Os, it's the Jimmys and the Joes"?

But you could be right. Maybe he turns around your sorry D this year. Maybe he is this great DC who excels no matter what. Or maybe he's shocked by your lack of depth and overall talent on that side of the ball right now. We'll see. All I know is LSU let him go without a fight.

Reactions: TexExSpur

BTW I do believe it had alot to not wanting to be in the hole for more guaranteed oney because of what they owed Les. Do you feel they upgraded at defensive coordinator?

I'm going off of LSU letting him walk. The reason for that I don't know. Maybe they didn't want to be his last payday. Maybe they thought he was lazy and over the hill. He hasn't exactly burned up the recruiting trail and landed any stud defensive players upon his arrival at your school now has he. And maybe it was Brick Haley and other assistants doing the heavy lifting in landing all that talent. You ever hear the phrase "It's not the Xs and the Os, it's the Jimmys and the Joes"?

But you could be right. Maybe he turns around your sorry D this year. Maybe he is this great DC who excels no matter what. Or maybe he's shocked by your lack of depth and overall talent on that side of the ball right now. We'll see. All I know is LSU let him go without a fight.

We weren't getting Mack back without him so I'll take that. Here's what I know Bama's Jimmy's and Joes couldn't stop Manziel but Chavis's X's and O's did. And as far as his assistants landing him recruits, who has Brick Haley landed for you?

BTW I do believe it had alot to not wanting to be in the hole for more guaranteed oney because of what they owed Les. Do you feel they upgraded at defensive coordinator?
I don't. I expected them to go in a different direction. As I've said before, I don't think it will matter much, the talent is there and system wise the team isn't changing their overall philosophy!

Well for what it's worth, anything less than 3rd and 15 was pretty much a gimme against our defense the last 2 years. Not sure it can get much worse.

We weren't getting Mack back without him so I'll take that. Here's what I know Bama's Jimmy's and Joes couldn't stop Manziel but Chavis's X's and O's did. And as far as his assistants landing him recruits, who has Brick Haley landed for you?
Been on the job about four months, after signing day.... We shall see. The Chavis hire was made with time to recruit and land key personal, that didn't happen outside of the bell cow recommit.

I don't. I expected them to go in a different direction. As I've said before, I don't think it will matter much, the talent is there and system wise the team isn't changing their overall philosophy!

Nobody expected them to go in a different direction. He had a top 10 Defense 3 of the last 4 years at LSU and the one year he didn't was number 15. Nobody is kicking corrdinators like that to the curb. As a matter of fact he did get a raise at the end of the year he just wasn't happy with it and us being a big boy school ponied up and paid that man his money because he is worth every dime.

Been on the job about four months, after signing day.... We shall see. The Chavis hire was made with time to recruit and land key personal, that didn't happen outside of the bell cow recommit.

So nobody? One 5 star to nothing, sounds like a win.

He wasn't going anywhere else, he had a drama moment and needed some attention!
Bullsh!t we weren't getting him back without Chavis. Oh yeah and 4 star DB charles Oliver and looks like we're about to get 4 star DE Mark Jackson. Its coming and with the improvement i am expecting this year on D I see more coming.

Nobody expected them to go in a different direction. He had a top 10 Defense 3 of the last 4 years at LSU and the one year he didn't was number 15. Nobody is kicking corrdinators like that to the curb. As a matter of fact he did get a raise at the end of the year he just wasn't happy with it and us being a big boy school ponied up and paid that man his money because he is worth every dime.

Keep up dumbass.. you asked about the hire, I was referring to the hire! Big boy Aggy ponied up because they're desperate! His contract is guaranteed money. Your locked in, regardless of what he puts on the field. Good luck! He got his final payday from a desperate program...

Bullsh!t we weren't getting him back without Chavis. Oh yeah and 4 star DB charles Oliver and looks like we're about to get 4 star DE Mark Jackson. Its coming and with the improvement i am expecting this year on D I see more coming.
Y'all were landing quality defensive recruits without him. Cry bullshit all you want, but it is true.. #WRTS boy was an Aggy all along. The wins with Chavis will be determined by who the Aggy's pull and keep out of the hands of Auburn, LSU, Bama, etc.... That 4* DB is a good prospect and y'all would still land recruits like Jackson without Chavis...

He doesn't recruit!

Y'all were landing quality defensive recruits without him. Cry bullshit all you want, but it is true.. #WRTS boy was an Aggy all along. The wins with Chavis will be determined by who the Aggy's pull and keep out of the hands of Auburn, LSU, Bama, etc....

He doesn't recruit!

Dude has been recruiting his A$$ off for us this spring I don't know where that rumor came from. LSU always recruited defense well under him and so did Tennessee. I am very happy to give the best DC in the country a payday

So nobody? One 5 star to nothing, sounds like a win.
More ridiculous dishonesty. You're honestly not worth conversing with. Mack followed Murray. And Haley came here after signing day.

Dude has been recruiting his A$$ off for us this spring I don't know where that rumor came from. LSU always recruited defense well under him and so did Tennessee. I am very happy to give the best DC in the country a payday
Might be a revitalization for him... He didn't pond the pavement at LSU! It's a fact.

Might be a revitalization for him... He didn't pond the pavement at LSU! It's a fact.

where did you get your fact from, thats what I am curious about. Do you have any sort of link or was it from pissed off LSU fans after he left?

You lost a 4th and 1st rounder on the offensive line and your defense will still be shitty.

Bomb,

We beat two top 10 teams on the road last year.
Other than Bama, we have an equal or better record than everyone else in the SEC WEST (Clearly the best division in College Football).
Four straight bowl wins (granted getting to a bowl is not as big a deal as it used to be)
Top 5 Finish (when we were 5th in the SEC shows how strong the SEC is)

For the fourth straight year, you guys will be a mediocre team in a crappy league.
The last place team in the SEC West treated you guys like a JV High school team last year.
LIVE IN THE NOW! You guys are on the fast track to IRRELEVANCY!
Keep cueing up that 2005 game that is on the Longhorn Network 4 times a week.

Amazing

More ridiculous dishonesty. You're honestly not worth conversing with. Mack followed Murray. And Haley came here after signing day.

He told Sumlin he was coming on his official visit after we hired Chavis and before Murray Visited Texas. Try a little honesty and fact checking.

ADVERTISEMENT