ADVERTISEMENT

And Yet Another Head-to-Head Victory for the Burnt Orange

CAHorn47

Nov 22, 2013
In the 2015 NFL draft, the Fightin' Texas Aggies had 2 players drafted in 7 rounds. The University of Texas Longhorns had 5. Sorry, Li'l bro...Who Rules the State?

In the 2015 NFL draft, the Fightin' Texas Aggies had 2 players drafted in 7 rounds. The University of Texas Longhorns had 5. Sorry, Li'l bro...Who Rules the State?

Wow, Strong took an 8-5 2013 team with no draftees in the 2014 draft and went 6-7 with the 2014 team with five draftees in the 2015 draft. Impressive!!!!!!

Could the 2015 team be worse?

Wow, Strong took an 8-5 2013 team with no draftees in the 2014 draft and went 6-7 with the 2014 team with five draftees in the 2015 draft. Impressive!!!!!!

We can tell who isn't a Texas' fan as Texas' fans remember the last time Mack's management left a team devoid at O-line and QB in 2010. That 2010 team was 5-7 against an easier schedule and 9 of the 2010 defensive starters were drafted. The previous year's team was 13-1 and played for the MNC.

Stay tuned, they are still being developed by a better staff regardless and everyone just took notice....big bad Aggy just had their final Sherman OL recruit drafted. How many dipshit Sumlin recruits are in the league?!?!?!?!

There was once a coach that had a fan base cheer when his 6 past and 6 current players got drafted in the same draft. Almost everyone got excited about him. He didn't last long with a ten win season the first season. Ty Willingham was his name and he lasted three seasons. With a 6-7 start, Strong should be gone by 2016.....

There was once a coach that had a fan base cheer when his 6 past and 6 current players got drafted in the same draft. Almost everyone got excited about him. He didn't last long with a ten win season the first season. Ty Willingham was his name and he lasted three seasons. With a 6-7 start, Strong should be gone by 2016.....
WTF are you talking about? Another dumbass Aggy talking out his rear!

ND? lol... Ok, because that has zero bearing on Strong recruiting and developing all those kids from Louisville!

Get used to Strong, he's not going anywhere!

Charlie had 4 drafted last year, 3 first rounders and his QB has already done more than Sumlin's great white hope. 10 Louisville kids this year, he is accountable for 9 and he helped get 5 Longhorns drafted. He's accomplished more on and off the field than Sumlin...

Last edited:

ND? lol... Ok, because that has zero bearing on Strong recruiting and developing all those kids from Louisville!

Charlie had 4 drafted last year, 3 first rounders and his QB has already done more than Sumlin's great white hope. 10 Louisville kids this year, he is accountable for 9 and he helped get 5 Longhorns drafted. He's accomplished more on and off the field than Sumlin...

2003 Draft after his first season at ND if my memory serves me correctly.

No, I get what the Aggy was saying, it has no bearing on what Strong has accomplished as a coach or where he's at.

Zero bearing! What has Sumlin accomplished? Nothing! Aggys like to use simpleminded references in hope it becomes reality...

Ty spent 7 years at Stanford, he didn't rebuild shit...Then off to ND. He's never done anything. Sumlin is more similar than Strong!

Last edited:
Stay tuned, they are still being developed by a better staff regardless and everyone just took notice....big bad Aggy just had their final Sherman OL recruit drafted. How many dipshit Sumlin recruits are in the league?!?!?!?!

So I guess Sumlin didn't help any A&M players get drafted?????? Why weren't you running your mouth last year after the draft???

So I guess Sumlin didn't help any A&M players get drafted?????? Why weren't you running your mouth last year after the draft???

Helped, sure. A couple. How many recruited and developed players does Sumlin have in the NFL? He hasn't accomplished a damn thing as a HC... These jackass fools want to compare Strong to Ty, look in the freaking mirror. Sumlin is nothing...

I wasn't on this board this time last year to run my mouth. Were you over here running yours? Strong and Dumplin had similar drafts, aye?! Here and now Aggy, isn't that where y'all live, not in the past...

Last edited:
Just like when NSD was over, Aggies are scratching their heads after the draft wondering why people are taking notice of Strong and Texas and forgetting about A&M. It's clear what direction each team is headed but Aggies can't stand it and flood this board trying to convince us (and themselves) that Aggies five minutes of relevancy hasn't ended.

Just like when NSD was over, Aggies are scratching their heads after the draft wondering why people are taking notice of Strong and Texas and forgetting about A&M. It's clear what direction each team is headed but Aggies can't stand it and flood this board trying to convince us (and themselves) that Aggies five minutes of relevancy hasn't ended.

The only people that think the horns have turned the corner are horns. The football world knows you're looking at 7-6 max this season with no qb for years. If you can't see that, you're blind.

The only people that think the horns have turned the corner are horns. The football world knows you're looking at 7-6 max this season with no qb for years. If you can't see that, you're blind.
We've had those sure things that couldn't handle the pressure. Everyone thought Johnny was going to be a show stopper?!?!?! This is where the shit gets too deep to discus with Aggies.

We've had those sure things that couldn't handle the pressure. Everyone thought Johnny was going to be a show stopper?!?!?! This is where the shit gets too deep to discus with Aggies.

Johnny was a show stopper for us, you don't have any of those on your team silly horn.

Johnny was a show stopper for us, you don't have any of those on your team silly horn.
Nobody had a clue that was coming! You don't have a clue what Heard will do. Aggy's and their crystal balls! Bumping your gums simply to make noise.

Last edited:

Very few think the rebuild will get the team to a highly competitive level this year. Most are looking for the team getting better by the end of the season.

On a shaggy poll about a week go 75% of fans picked 7-8 wins or less for this year.

Very few think the rebuild will get the team to a highly competitive level this year. Most are looking for the team getting better by the end of the season.

On a shaggy poll about a week go 75% of fans picked 7-8 wins or less for this year.
It's certainly a max 8 win season... They're running their mouths, nothing more! Aggy has never done anything more than make noise...

I highly doubt they walk into South Bend and leave with a win. I'll be surprised at anything more than 8 wins.

Last edited:
Nobody had a clue that was coming! You don't have a clue what Heard will do. Aggy's and their crystal balls! Bumping your gums simply to make noise.

Honestly, and not that my opinion is worth much, but I've seen enough of heard and Swoopes to know that this season they will both be warm crap. Maybe the '16 season will be different.

It's certainly a max 8 win season... They're running their mouths, nothing more! Aggy has never done anything more than make noise...

I highly doubt the walk into South Bend and leave with a win. I'll be surprised at anything more than 8 wins.

That's gonna put him way behind Sumlins win total for the same time-span. But Yall are fine with that I'm sure, for some stupid reason about not comparing yourselves to m A&M when there are numerous comparative threads on this very board.

Listening to espn talk and they just said it doesn't look like murray will go MLB. You guys still praying the opposite?

Honestly, and not that my opinion is worth much, but I've seen enough of heard and Swoopes to know that this season they will both be warm crap. Maybe the '16 season will be different.
Thank God you know jack shit about football, that's evident in your numerous post and attempts to belittle. I don't think they'll be anything special, but I expect to see much better movement and scoring this year and I'm not looking into a crystal ball. You haven't seen shit from the QB's this year outside of possibly watching a glorified practice in the Spring game.

That's gonna put him way behind Sumlins win total for the same time-span. But Yall are fine with that I'm sure, for some stupid reason about not comparing yourselves to m A&M when there are numerous comparative threads on this very board.

Listening to espn talk and they just said it doesn't look like murray will go MLB. You guys still praying the opposite?
Strongs record doesn't need to be compared to Sumlins, that's an Aggy thing... I want to see the program build momentum, not squander away in year three, firing and hiring new coaches. I hope Murray plays CFB, I want to see what he can do!

Y'all would still be bumping your gums about doom and gloom if Ash had s healthy season and Texas won 8 games...

Y'all would still be bumping your gums about doom and gloom if Ash had s healthy season and Texas won 8 games...

Ofcourse we would, you have a Swoopes/heard problem at QB.

Look, they won't be good enough this year to win a damn thing and you have said as much in your posts. 8 win season would be getting max effort out of two 5*'s. That's pitiful.

You wouldn't know anything about them had Ash played a full season. Swoopes would have had limited snaps.

Eight wins is realistic outlook... I'm Loki g for progression not regression like our beloved lil bros are seeing... The other day an Aggy was talking up Mack in the recruiting thread and how good he looked vrsus real competition in the underarmor game, KM looked equally incompetent most of his snaps. Like I said, I look forward to seeing what the little fella can do.

Heard hasn't played a down yet and he knows how to win. I'd like to see him play before I put him on blast like Aggy is so willing to do.

You wouldn't no anything about them had Ash played a full season. Swoopes would have had limited snaps.

That's a realistic outlook... The other day an Aggy was talking up Mack in the recruiting thread and how good he looked vrsus real competition in the underarmor game, KM looked equally incompetent most of his snaps. Like I said, I look forward to seeing what the little fella can do.

Heard hasn't played a down yet and he knows how to win. I'd like to see him play before I put him on blast like Aggy is so willing to do.

Problem is that Swoopes is your starter. You have hope for heard, your own coaches have hope for Swoopes. Conflict.

Problem is that Swoopes is your starter. You have hope for heard, your own coaches have hope for Swoopes. Conflict.
The starter in May is not necessarily the starter in September. I do think Swoopes takes the field in South Bend, but now he's on a short leash where they didn't have that luxury last year. I don't see a problem, I see an opportunity!

He knows how to pick and develop recruits, We have nothing to worry about.

@Jason_Higdon: 45% of the Charlie Strong first full recruiting class at Louisville has now been drafted into the NFL. 10 of 22 players @ChipBrownHD

2014 Draft:
Round 1 (18) - Calvin Pryor, S (3 star, #42 S in 2011 class)
Round 1 (32) - Teddy Bridgewater, QB (4 star, # 4 DT QB in 2011 class)

2015 Draft:
Round 1 (14) - DaVante Parker, WR (3 star, #41 WR in 2011 class)
Round 3 (72) - Jamon Brown, OT (3 star, #44 DT in 2011 class)
Round 3 (81) - John Miller, G (3 star, #73 G in 2011 class)
Round 3 (82) - Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB (3 star, #64 SDE in 2011 class)
Round 6 (177) - Deiontrez Mount, OLB (3 star, #50 WDE in 2011 class)
Round 6 (189) - Charles Gaines, CB (3 star, #58 WR in 2011 class)
Round 6 (193) - BJ Dubose, DE (3 star, #31 SDE in 2011 class)
Round 7 (239) - Gerold Holliman, S (4 star, #4 S in 2011 class)

I'm looking at year 3 much like Louisville!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT