ADVERTISEMENT

Astros fans GITT! - Is this the last year with this squad?

The change from NL to AL has been for the best. We have a new rivalry with NY and the rest of the league =)roll. Everyone hates us but my favorite teams to get pissed off is New York and LA.

Reactions: Hoookem722
For the record: I do not think the DH ruined baseball, I think inter - league play did!

Preach On Brother Horn!!

Reactions: oldhorn2
For the record: I do not think the DH ruined baseball, I think inter - league play did!

Preach On Brother Horn!!
Interleague play is great. I love the fact every team gets to play everybody at least once a year now. Playing the same 14 teams year in and out makes for a very boring product in my opinion. I also hated the fact you played half your schedule against the same 3 teams.

I call bullshit on that.....
How you gonna call bullshit on something that's a fact lol. With the old scheduling teams played their 4 division opponents 19 times a piece which is 76 games they played against division opponents. 81 games would be half the season. I said 3 and I meant 4, that's my fault. But the point still stands. With the new scheduling you only play your division opponents 13 times a year so there's 24 less division games. I think it makes for a better product when all the teams are playing each other every year.

I think it makes for a better product when all the teams are playing each other every year.
so....YOU think it makes a better product....Why is your opinion more valid than mine? Before interleague play the fans had huge and wonderful debates about which league was the best. The interest in the WS was SO much more before interleague play screwed up the whole game. Right now if you are a Mets fan and the Mets sucked this year, the WS doesnt mean much to you. Back in the day Met fan would tune in for sure to watch his league win.

so....YOU think it makes a better product....Why is your opinion more valid than mine? Before interleague play the fans had huge and wonderful debates about which league was the best. The interest in the WS was SO much more before interleague play screwed up the whole game. Right now if you are a Mets fan and the Mets sucked this year, the WS doesnt mean much to you. Back in the day Met fan would tune in for sure to watch his league win.
Where did I ever claim my opinion to be more valid? I just said that's my preference. TV ratings are up almost 10% from last year so it seems there has been some more interest for whatever reason.

I understand the appeal for some people. I happen to fall into the oldhorn camp. I liked the way the All Star game and the World Series were huge deals in the 70's because of the exclusiveness of the divisions. Even if you were a KC Royals fan and the Yankees won the Pennant, you were still going to watch the Series to see the Reds or whatever other NL team was in there. But I also think they need to raise the mound back up to the original height and call the strike zone like it's written in the rule book. 9 inning games would last about an hour and a half, tops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT