ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Del Conte's first major coaching change..?

Looks like CDC has found his man Mike white Oregon head coach will be the new UT softball coach. Based solely on resume it’s a damn impressive get
I was on my way to post about this as well. This is a great hire, assuming that he can keep his west coast ties and cultivate the fertile ground that is the state of Texas. Wonder if he would bring Kat on as pitching coach to help with the state of Texas.

I was on my way to post about this as well. This is a great hire, assuming that he can keep his west coast ties and cultivate the fertile ground that is the state of Texas. Wonder if he would bring Kat on as pitching coach to help with the state of Texas.
Bringing cat in would be a really smart first step by him, and a good career move for her assuming her ultimate goal is to be a head coach

Reactions: JHop6714
https://texassports.com/news/2018/6/25/mike-white-named-head-softball-coach-at-texas.aspx

https://www.hookem.com/2018/06/25/texas-to-hire-oregon-mike-white-to-coach-its-softball-team/

White making $250k a year at Oregon
Patti Gasso at OU making $925k a year
Connie Clark was making $200k this past season
Apparently White's new deal with UT is second-highest annually in the nation

http://www.registerguard.com/sports...oftball-coach-mike-white-is-leaving-for-texas

"It came down to the ability to get some financial security for my family," White said in a phone interview with The Oregonian/OregonLive. "An opportunity like this comes along once in 10, 15, 20 years. I think it's a good time, it's a good fit and I'm looking forward to the challenge ahead of me."

In nine seasons under White, Oregon compiled a 435-111-1 record and never lost in the NCAA tournament's regional round en route to nine consecutive super regional appearances. The Ducks also earned a No. 1 ranking for the first time in 2014 and twice were named the top overall seed in an NCAA tournament. Behind a program record-tying four All-Americans, UO was 53-10 in 2018.

Texas first contacted him less than a week ago, White said, after it had wrapped its hiring of a track and field coach. From there, he said he was sold on the Longhorns' financial commitment to softball, including a player development center that will break ground next summer and be "eye-catching" when it opens, White said

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2018/06/mike_white_leaving_oregon_duck.html

Bringing cat in would be a really smart first step by him, and a good career move for her assuming her ultimate goal is to be a head coach
His top assistant at Oregon was just hired away a few days ago to be a head coach. Probably added to his willingness for a fresh start. He will need to do some staff rebuilding regardless. It would be wonderful for him to hire Cat as Assistant Head Coach. The only issue I can see is that Mike himself is a pitcher, and so is Cat, (as was Connie), so for complementary's sake he would probably want his top assistant to be an offensive or defensive expert, not another pitching expert. I guess we will see shortly

Early schedule is. Yours is tough based on mainly USC and OU. Do you really believe OU will be what they were the last few years with Mayfield? And as I said, USC is breaking in a new QB, as is most everyone on your schedule. No way is it more difficult. just common sense.

Home run hire for you guys.........

He will only hire Kat if he wants the PR. He is one of the elite pitching coaches in the country but a hitting coach and a recruiter would likely be his big hires.....

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Home run hire for you guys.........

He will only hire Kat if he wants the PR. He is one of the elite pitching coaches in the country but a hitting coach and a recruiter would likely be his big hires.....
I agree with you about the pitching, but for recruiting you couldn't find a better fit than Cat. She would reign in the Texas girls and the pitchers like a hurricane

I know many of you guys probably don't follow softball during football season but when CDC made the hire of Mike White from Oregon, I don't think he had any idea (or maybe he did) that Mike would inadvertently bring two absolute studs with him. 1st, Miranda Elish who was a 2nd team AA last year. In her two years at Oregon, she went 37-2 with a 1.42 ERA.
2nd, Lauren Burke who was on the 1st team PAC 12 Freshman team. She hit .352. There could be a couple other ducks who fly south for warmer weather. Oregon has lost 5 players off of last year's team due to transfer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT