ADVERTISEMENT

coaches

The Penis cut off their 30 free meals that they had to pay $10 for if they went over the allotted amount. It's not just football, it's all sports. Mr. Penis decided to save more than 300K by doing so, why, your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:
I'm really starting to sour on Patterson. He also has been trying to charge former players to take tours of the field. Yet he sends former players, his wife, etc to Dubai on "research" trips that cost 10's of thousands of dollars.

I don't think they should be charging former players to take a tour, but I don't care if coaches have to pay to eat on campus. I am not sure of his motives there, if it's purely budgetary or what, but both parties make enough to absorb the impact of meals. Whether it's the school or the coaches I don't care.

It's petty, and already cost ten times the savings in bad press and hard feelings. Fire this f'n douche already.

Hook 'em

It's petty, and already cost ten times the savings in bad press and hard feelings. Fire this f'n douche already.

Hook 'em

Having coaches pay for meals costs us 3million in bad press and hard feelings? Them not wanting to pay for their own meals is just as petty as the school not wanting to. You can just flip a coin on which one should pay.

One of the groups that he tried to charge was a reunion of the 69 football team. He tried to charge them $25 a head. WTF is the logic there? Make $500 and insult heroes of the program? At some point there is just no soul. Live also been hearing some rumblings about a showdown between Patterson and Strong concerning where the football teams academic over site office is located. Another relatively petty matter. Why piss off a coach who is genuinely concerned with his players academic progress?

Hey why are you guys making the coaches buy their own meals on campus now? Hurting for money that bad?

... Everything should be looked at when bringing in the $heeves, but not everything needs to be changed .... Dumb add idea !!!! Sounds as though BOb Weltich is on the AD's staff !!!

He should have upgraded the food rather than charge for it.

Make the food so good every coach in the USA talks about it.

To hell with the food, he should be fired over the Wickline buyout. It's now headed to trial in October.

To hell with the food, he should be fired over the Wickline buyout. It's now headed to trial in October.

I would imagine he wants a do over on that. I would guess he never though OK state would challenge it. Not sure of the logistics of the trial, but I would rather our OL coach not have to be in court fighting over a 500k breach in contract during the middle of the season.

I tried to tell you. I got on this site, the first time I'd ever joined a chat board in my life, about a year ago and warned you about all things Patterson.
I warned you about how he treated former players with contempt. How he completely disregarded any advice given to him by the players advisory board. How he'd lied to major donors within weeks of being hired.
How he placate DeLoss Dodds after Dodds had warned him about the way things worked on the 40 acres. I even talked about his carpet bagging mindset and how he had never played an organized sport past middle school.

I warned you. And damn near every one of you called me "aggsy, troll, gooner" and worse. I warned you, I warned you, I warned you.

Just because we are the greatest university on the planet doesn't mean the people in charge of this university are devoid of making mistakes. They are human as well, and flawed. They hired Patterson for 2 primary reasons. If you can't figure them out, or need to be reminded, please feel free to look back to last September at one of my older posts and re-read. I have no clue how to do that.

Breaking news alert! It's going to get worse. Patterson has alienated so many people in our system, bot alumni and current staff, that his mindset now is a "me against the world" mentality, and his pride and spite are going to cause him to make some stupid decisions. Still don't believe me? Just wait. Watch and see. Scuttlebutt is that Chancellor Admiral Mcraven has already had a private chin wag with Patterson where Patterson was instructed to "lock it down" (allegedly). You think he's going to listen? Even to a guy that could kill you with a spork?

Nope.

Just wait and see what's coming next. There will be some serious hand wringing very soon. If he chose to listen to the Chancellor, the bone head might actually survive this upcoming football season. But I doubt it.

Like my grandpa used to say to me, "boy, if I tell you it's easter, you better dye your fvcking eggs!"

We were not responsible for hiring him, so it really wouldn't have mattered if we believed you or not.

Last edited:
We didn't hire him, so it really wouldn't have mattered if we believed you or not.

You're right bubba. But you(sic) didn't need to defend a man that the general public knew little about. And not hiring him is one thing, but raising enough hell in places like this is a way to help get him out. It may start as one voice, but when you get tens of thousands of voices in unity saying "fire his a$$", trust me, your voices will be heard. I'm not trying to be Spartacus and lead some revolt, but please don't belittle me out of one side of your mouth when I warned everyone what an a$$clown this guy is, and then out of the other side of your mouth say to me "well we didn't hire him". If you've ever given a red cent to the University, then YES, you helped to hire him, tangentially I grant you.

There were those of us that thought when he was hired that he was a hatchet man. That he was hired to do some unpopular but necessary things (like fire three legendary coaches and get rid of grandfathered tickets being resold on the secondary market) and that he was never meant to be a long term AD. What has surprised me is how petty he has been with cutting benefits to staff and friends of the program. No one benefits from that.

I think as a default fans are going to circle the wagons before they let someone attack who they think is one of their own. You are certainly vindicated now. I think pretty much everyone will admit that he seems to be more off the reservation than on.

Oh I agree Bubba 100%. If I had a deep conviction about someone's ability that had just been hired, and I knew that person had the credentials to complete the tasks at hand, yes, I too would circle the wagons. But I don't know how many Texas grads and fans really had any deep knowledge of who Patterson was as a person and businessman. Yet there was "blind loyalty" paid to him and he had not earned it. I only say this because going forward, we should all try to be more objective about the people our university hires to represent our program. It is still "our" program.

Patterson and Strong are the perfect couple. One doesn't want to spend money and the other is fine with what he has. If this continues too much longer we will fall behind more schools in facilities.

I read somewhere that Patterson fired John Bianco who strong was really close to. Even calling him "his guy" and strong didn't even know it. And you wonder why our girl tennis coach resigned because of all this.

Yes sir you are correct. He did fire Bianco. And fyi, he was one of the BEST in the business. It wouldn't surprise me if dipsh!t hired some pro guy from Portland OR the Texans. Just wait to see what's coming after this. Just wait. If he initiates what I've been told he's trying to initiate, you people will lose your fvcking minds.

He pushed Bianco off on "charlie" even though Bianco was there when I was in college. He was Dodd's guy. Read between the lines here. Bill Little, gone. John Bianco, gone. Butch Woorley, Brian davis, gone gone. Then he hires Steve Hank whom I've met, and trust me when I tell you, you'd need a Walmart sized shed to house that tool. Hank is the one that floated the ticket price increases. Patterson then followed suit by sending out emails to alumni asking us how we felt about paying rent for the tailgating spots on saturdays. Can anyone guess the prices he floated?

Anyone?

The starting price was $500 for a small spot and up to $1500 for a larger, prime spot. My nebraska buddies, former players, told me they are charged $250 for their spot.
"Eh, it's 250 for the season but that's not too bad. But you guys are Texas so $500 see me a bit steep but, you're Texas", my neb buddy says.

Then I inform him that "Slick, that's not for the season. That's PER GAME!".

I tell my long time friend and Iowa grad, Ladell Betts about this. He says "the redskins don't even charge that! Ya'lls AD done lost his marbles".

I have to agree.

ADVERTISEMENT