ADVERTISEMENT

Draft 2015

westx

Dec 6, 2009
I didn't see a thread for tonights festivities, so I guess I will start it. I don't pay nearly as much attention to the draft as I used to, but, it always fun to watch. You know how the networks can bleep out curse words; I wish I could bleep out "he as a lot of upside" during the draft coverage.

It will be interesting to see how many of our kids get drafted and I'll be keeping an eye on what could be as many as 10 Louisville kids molded by Strong's staff, get drafted.

I think the draft is about as boring as it gets to watch, but I know it does huge numbers ratings wise. The NFL is in one hell of a zone where the public is eating up everything they come out with.

All I know is I'll be watching the NFL network to avoid Chris Berman at all costs. Guy absolutely ruins events when he's on there. What a blowhard who should've been shown the door 10 years ago.

All I know is I'll be watching the NFL network to avoid Chris Berman at all costs. Guy absolutely ruins events when he's on there. What a blowhard who should've been shown the door 10 years ago.

Much like the female sideline reporter's job is to look pretty and ask irrelevant questions, Berman's job is to ramble and make funny noises. It's the lowest common denominator that loves that stuff, unfortunately the LCD makes up the majority of football fans.

Reactions: Scholz
The NFL draft is one of my favorite things to watch. I would absolutely LOVE for the Cowboys to somehow end up getting Todd Gurley. It will be interesting to see what Dallas does or doesn't do in the draft as far as standing pat, trading and who they draft.

The NFL draft is one of my favorite things to watch. I would absolutely LOVE for the Cowboys to somehow end up getting Todd Gurley. It will be interesting to see what Dallas does or doesn't do in the draft as far as standing pat, trading and who they draft.
I don't think the Cowboys will go high to get a RB given the fact that Joseph Randle isn't going to be charged with a felony and they picked up RunDMC. If that arkie Jerrah ever drafts a Longhorn high (like say Malcom Brown with his late 1st round pick tonight for example), I'll become a fan. If he continues to snub his nose at his home state's flagship college football program, then I will stay away.

Right there with you LonghornMM. But we know that won't happen and the boys need defense and I would like to see Brown as a Cowboy but lets see what Jerry has under his sleeve.

I like that the draft will be in a city other than NY. They should just rotate the draft to every NFL city. Why should new york fans be the only ones who have the advantage to attend. They should just do it. There is no reason that it can't be done.

Chicago has some classless fans. Whatever you think of the commissioner, there are idiots in the audience booing him every time he goes to the podium. Maybe the commissioner will reward them with this being the last time to hold the draft in Chicago.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Chicago has some classless fans. Whatever you think of the commissioner, there are idiots in the audience booing him every time he goes to the podium. Maybe the commissioner will reward them with this being the last time to hold the draft in Chicago.

The commissioner is a idiot and is lucky to have a job!

M. Brown is flirting with disaster with Cleveland lurking. Fingers crossed for him.

And the streak will continue with Mike Matthews next year. And I note that all of you are leaning heavily on Strong's Louisville draft hopefuls when he isn't coaching them yet somehow Sumlin isn't part of the equation 3 years removed from Sherman. Interesting and predictable. Where is Malcom?

I am happy for Malcom. His chances to be drafted by a good team have increased: Dallas, Indiana, GB, NO, NE. Detroit is the only one I don't like for him. However, they are a very likely candidate since Suh isn't there anymore.

I am happy for Malcom. His chances to be drafted by a good team have increased: Dallas, Indiana, GB, NO, NE. Detroit is the only one I don't like for him. However, they are a very likely candidate since Suh isn't there anymore.

I spoke to damn soon. Nevermind, Detroit passed on him. I need to give this up.

Ok if I'm keeping it real I don't see why Malcom Brown wasn't taken by the Lions with Suh's departure. Brown was the one reason Texas line disrupted offenses for the first 2-3 quarters of games.

He is a little short for an Nfl pass rusher but from what I heard his draft stock was supposed to be climbing.

One of the best? And character doesn't mean sht to the Cowboys. They throw that word around when it is convenient. I've been a fan all my life but the Cowboys are not drafting based on character.

ADVERTISEMENT