ADVERTISEMENT

Ford transferring from Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

utexfan5

Dec 21, 2001
TEXAS
Running back Keith Ford announced Wednesday that he's transferring from Oklahoma.

Ford was the Sooners' leading rusher through the first three games of 2014. However, he broke a fibula against Tennessee and missed five games. He finished with 71 carries for 392 yards and five touchdowns.
He was indefinitely suspended from the team in March for academic and team rule violations. After his suspension, Ford's parents said he hadn't fully recovered physically or mentally from the injury.

Running back Keith Ford announced Wednesday that he's transferring from Oklahoma.

Ford was the Sooners' leading rusher through the first three games of 2014. However, he broke a fibula against Tennessee and missed five games. He finished with 71 carries for 392 yards and five touchdowns.
He was indefinitely suspended from the team in March for academic and team rule violations. After his suspension, Ford's parents said he hadn't fully recovered physically or mentally from the injury.
Another one that thought he didn't have to go to class, just play FB!

He will be an Aggie. Hate to see him leave Norman. Kid can run if he gets his act together.

Good luck to the young man, both on and off the field. Thank you for your contribution while you were here.

Why would anyone want to play at a&m, lol?

Member of the best Power 5 conference, more than likely would have a great chance of starting, and be a member of a team that has done no worse than 8-5. There's a ton of upside right now to transfer to A&M.

Member of the best Power 5 conference, more than likely would have a great chance of starting, and be a member of a team that has done no worse than 8-5. There's a ton of upside right now to transfer to A&M.
...if you like finishing middle of the pack and cheering for the teams who own you.

...if you like finishing middle of the pack and cheering for the teams who own you.
If that were the number one reason, all transfers would head to Alabama or Ohio State. Or OU back in the early 2000's, or Texas in the late 2000's. I have no visions of grandeur for A&M, but being middle of the pack beats bottom of the pack, and he'll play in some of the bigger stadiums in the country. Plus, A&M is a good school to graduate from. Again, not top of the pack, but not bottom of the pack either.

Reactions: oldschoolcat
Plus, A&M is a good school to graduate from.
Absolutely. It grants the kid a chance at a good education. A&M is definitely a good diploma to have. Of course there are many, many, MANY others who are MUCH better in this regard and are better schools that also meet the criteria of playing in a P5 conference in big stadiums if that's your goal. Stanford, Duke, ND, Cal, UCLA, UVA, USC, Wake Forest, Michigan, UNC, BC, Illinois, Wisconsin, Penn St, Florida, The U, UDub, tOSU, Syracuse, UConn, BYU, Clemson, Purdue, Georgia, Maryland, Pitt, etc.

And that's not even mentioning the Ivy schools who are head and shoulders above that if a good education is your primary goal.

Again, not top of the pack, but not bottom of the pack either.
Nope. Middle of the road then, middle of the road now. Same as it always was.

I mean if he likes pass blocking, sure.

Reactions: diadevic
If you are excluding Big 12 schools, aggy is pretty much the only legitimate option that's close. I don't know how big of a factor proximity is to him, but in general it's usually a big deal to the players.

“[Brandon] told me that it was very laid back up there and he said if you do what you need to do that everything will be fine,” Ford said. “He said that A&M allows you to create your own path and your own destiny. He said everyone really cares about your school work and getting your degree. It was nice to hear about how much they put back into academics because that wasn't something I experienced at OU.”

Was Ford suspended at OU? . Makes sense, couldn't crack the top 3 and in the doghouse.

“[Brandon] told me that it was very laid back up there and he said if you do what you need to do that everything will be fine,” Ford said. “He said that A&M allows you to create your own path and your own destiny. He said everyone really cares about your school work and getting your degree. It was nice to hear about how much they put back into academics because that wasn't something I experienced at OU.”

So in other words he is too immature to go to class and needs someone to hold his hand. He should be the main person that cares about his school work and getting his degree, that should be his main priority. Obviously it wasn't.

So in other words he is too immature to go to class and needs someone to hold his hand. He should be the main person that cares about his school work and getting his degree, that should be his main priority. Obviously it wasn't.

Pretty much. Kid better shut his mouth or OU will leak why he was suspended. Call out a school for not supporting you academically they have every right to respond by showing you aren't living up to their standards.

You don't go to class and miss multiple meetings you get in the doghouse. Ford should just say thanks to Bob for his release.

Sounds about right.

I was wishing him well in whatever he did, or wherever he went. His little temper tantrums are wearing thin. First he attacks a coach, now the university that tried to help him (not my words...his and his Dad's).

I'll just pray for maturity for him first, then let the chips fall where they may.

I was really hoping perine , ford and mix on would make one of the best backfields in CFB. Maybe the kid will turn it around. He has NFL potential

added depth after anderson defected to OU along with the nixon at TCU. he was never better than james white and wont ever be the feature back.

Ford and White as a 1-2 punch in 2016 is very exciting. White was getting great reviews coming out of spring which was one of the reasons BWill is getting a look at corner. I've always been a fan of Ford.

Restated:"I don't want to go to class and I want to smoke weed. At OU I couldn't do those things. At A&M I can do or not do whatever I want as long as I make plays on the field."

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
I was wishing him well in whatever he did, or wherever he went. His little temper tantrums are wearing thin. First he attacks a coach, now the university that tried to help him (not my words...his and his Dad's).

I'll just pray for maturity for him first, then let the chips fall where they may.

If only he had a running mate that showed him how to be mature, you know like Mixon

Reactions: drizzew
You just jinxed the Horns. It will be less than 30 days. Just wait on it.

Care to make a sig bet on it?

Or are you just having wishful thinking hoping that Bob can score a new player at a position of need by giving another cast off a second chance? (too bad we don't have a QB to give you)

Reactions: Fizzwilly
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT