ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Facts

LonghornSoldier

Dec 12, 2005
Texas holds the NCAA record for most winning seasons at 108..... even when we are down, we dont stay down for long.

Who else has fun facts?

lol, okay. Fair trade off.

Yeah, still have to win though.

This is true... I was just pointing out that declaring a victory now as a sure thing is reaching quite a bit..... lol this season just needs to start already. I am ready for some college football!!!

This is true... I was just pointing out that declaring a victory now as a sure thing is reaching quite a bit..... lol this season just needs to start already. I am ready for some college football!!!

Fair point. wining 4 of 5 makes me think the chances of winning 5 in 6 are pretty decent. I do agree, this season needs to get here yesterday!

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
In three months time, OU will have defeated tx 5 times in the past 6 seasons.
So, if this doesn't transpire like you predict, what's Bob's next move? Will he ever fire his brother? Who's the next scapegoat? Btw, we've already seen this movie with Mack throwing assistants under the bus to save his own skin. This methodology normally doesn't end well. Just sayin.

So, if this doesn't transpire like you predict, what's Bob's next move? Will he ever fire his brother? Who's the next scapegoat? Btw, we've already seen this movie with Mack throwing assistants under the bus to save his own skin. This methodology normally doesn't end well. Just sayin.

I predict his next move would be to gameplan for kansas state. WIll he ever fire his brother? I dont konw. Who is the next scapegoat? I dont know. Of course, since it happened to mack, it'll happen to Bob. Why wouldnt it? Of course Bob has never had a losing season, and never will so that's one point where their resumes differ.

Well he's already started down that road by scapegoating assistants to save his own neck. Surely you're not completely oblivious to all of the hot seat talk surrounding Bob are you?

I think he hired them because the respective position groups were performing way under their potential, for years. If you want to call that scapegoating, cool. Call it what you will, but I see assistants get fired all the time for similar results. Sure, I am not oblivious to the hot seat talk on the message boards. I know it doesnt mean anything and it'll take a hell of a lot more than a single 8-5 season to kick him from his throne. In other threads you and others talk about how one season isnt enough data, here is Stoops who as HC has never went 2 consecutive seasons without double digit win totals. He's nowhere near mack territory, and unless they go and have another disappointing 8-5 campaign this season, it wont be happening anytime soon.

If you want to call that scapegoating, cool. Call it what you will...
I will. It's called scapegoating to save his own neck. You $ooners are funny. Anything good that happens on your team (3 of the top 4 WRs in OU history who played under Norvell for example) was due to Bob Stoops and his offense. Negative things (such as the recruitment of wife beaters or an ineffective offense for example) are due to ineffective assistants. Got it. :rolleyes:

Not sure what that means. I only asked who Bob's going to fire this year to save his own neck when he doesn't win a title of any sort again. Seems I struck a nerve.

Not sure what that means. I only asked who Bob's going to fire this year to save his own neck when he doesn't win a title of any sort again. Seems I struck a nerve.

It means I, or others I have noticed will make a post. It may have 1 line or a paragraph or whatever. You choose your favorite thing about the post and respond only to that, regardless of context.

Here's an example:

I only asked who Bob's going to fire this year

Probably nobody.

Scholz, did you call me a bigot right after you called Boren a queer. LMFAO
Yes I did. I don't have anything at all against gay people but I know it bothers you redneck okies. It's pretty simple.

And of course there are the racist comments you personally have made in the past, Grand Wizard.

It means I, or others I have noticed will make a post. It may have 1 line or a paragraph or whatever. You choose your favorite thing about the post and respond only to that, regardless of context.

Here's an example:

Probably nobody.
So nobody is going to get fired when OU doesn't win anything yet again this season? Color me skeptical.

Yes I did. I don't have anything at all against gay people but I know it bothers you redneck okies. It's pretty simple.

And of course there are the racist comments you personally have made in the past, Grand Wizard.

Me thinks you protest too much . You sure use queen and queer a lot. Hum!!!

Whatever, David Duke. I mention your gay President because it bothers you bigots.

No bigots here but you scholz are living evidence on this thread. I rest my case. See you can call someone something without any evidence but you typed your bigotry here for all to see. That is all " you bigot ".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT