ADVERTISEMENT

Horns copy OSU offense, BUT...

rkhufu7

Aug 28, 2002
They have a small QB in Heard, that will not be able to take the punishment. All OSU QBs are big guys in the way over 200 lb range, why hasn't Heard gained weight? I think Watson is Strong's Achilles at UT, that will eventually do him in, IMO.

Last edited:
They have a small QB in Heard, that will not be able to take the punishment. All OSU QBs are big guys in the way over 200 lb range, why hasn't Heard gain weight? I think Watson is Strong's Achilles at UT, that will eventually do him in, IMO.

Heard is far from small. Braxton Miller and Heard are about the same size.

Braxton Miller is 6'2" and 215, while Heard is the same size as Knight at OU, 6'1" 200.

Braxton Miller is 6'2" and 215, while Heard is the same size as Knight at OU, 6'1" 200.

Going into the Spring game they were saying Heard was about 6'2 205 (he's listed as 6'2 200 on his Texas bio). Come September he will be about the same size as Miller.... an off season in the weight room will put some bulk on him (something he didn't have last year). Only about a 10 pound difference in weight right now.

Heard will be close to 6'2 215 when he maxes out I bet.

SMH. More negative posts from rkhufu. Give Heard a chance. Jeez...

No kidding. Watson has 1 whole year under his belt and he is already predicting a big failure along with underestimating a QB that hasn't taken a snap. There are no facts to back these two predictions up.

They have a small QB in Heard, that will not be able to take the punishment. All OSU QBs are big guys in the way over 200 lb range, why hasn't Heard gain weight? I think Watson is Strong's Achilles at UT, that will eventually do him in, IMO.

"They" in his post tells you what you need to know.

Lol, that's why a little slippery dude like JFF was so successful......... Thanks for playing!

He is smallish for a running QB and he is listed at 6'1" several times and only 200 after eating at the training table. VY was 235 and took hits from a 235 lb LBs. I am not dissing Heard, just saying he needs to gain weight. Golson was much smaller and he stayed healthy at ND, but they are more of a passing offense than a zone read offense. I am just wonder why UT is recruiting smallish QBs, while all the OSU kids are over 200 and all can run, while UT is still not recruiting legit dual threats outside of Heard?

He is smallish for a running QB and he is listed at 6'1" several times and only 200 after eating at the training table. VY was 235 and took hits from a 235 lb LBs. I am not dissing Heard, just saying he needs to gain weight. Golson was much smaller and he stayed healthy at ND, but they are more of a passing offense than a zone read offense. I am just wonder why UT is recruiting smallish QBs, while all the OSU kids are over 200 and all can run, while UT is still not recruiting legit dual threats outside of Heard?
Throwing nonsense at the wall, JFF was tiny, Colt McCoy wasn't a bruiser, you don't need a VY or Cam Newton to be successful.

Texas has recruited 6 DT QB's 6'2" and above, they'll all be 200 plus upon enrolling and one is committed.

It's an Urban Meyer style, same as UF has nothing to do with tOSU...

Last edited:
Throwing nonsense at the wall, JFF was tiny, Colt McCoy wasn't a bruiser, you don't need a VY or Cam Newton to be successful.

Texas has recruited 6 DT QB's 6'2" and above, they'll all be 200 plus upon enrolling and one is committed.

It's an Urban Meyer style, same as UF has nothing to do with tOSU...
Did you ever see Colt run zone read against a good team? He got KO'd most of the time. Manziel was a not a zone read QB, he was a scrambler. VY and Cam were huge guys, as was Tebow and the OSU QBs, Barrett, 225 and Jones 250 and Miller was 215. You need depth and size, Oregon has gone through many QBs in past years because of injuries.

Did you ever see Colt run zone read against a good team? He got KO'd most of the time. Manziel was a not a zone read QB, he was a scrambler. VY and Cam were huge guys, as was Tebow and the OSU QBs, Barrett, 225 and Jones 250 and Miller was 215. You need depth and size, Oregon has gone through many QBs in past years because of injuries.
Swoopes is a huge guy, if he looks good in the system, you should be satisfied.

Then you must be pulling for swoopes whom they held back from running due to depth last season... To think he had Sooner squared up last year.

Last edited:
This might be the most idiotic assertion i have ever heard. Let's say he's 6'1" or even 6'0", 200lbs. That's plenty big if the kid can play. I am all for debating the value of a players ability, but his size is NOT an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT