ADVERTISEMENT

If Texas gets Hudson and Cobb

Rosen was able to do it for UCLA last season so IMO if the offense is simple enough and the quarterback is good enough then it is possible. I think we've all seen our fair share of highly talented freshmen QBs struggle and still go on to be great players. Regarding Wickline, I feel I am in the rare minority that believes you guys are going to miss his coaching, I just thought the way he was able to develop an oline that was able to run the ball the way you were last season was a miracle. You had 2 or 3 nice pieces but 2 of those were true freshmen and he really did a great job getting those guys to gel. We'll see.
Fair enough. The thing is 4 of the 5 OL are back so coaching them up is not as necessary although I think the new OL coach is excellent....and a couple true freshman including Shack who will prob start will also add Quality depth. I mean talentwise Okafor, Delance are as good as any OL Texas has gotten for a while now....with Urquidez and Imade I think this has the potential to be the best line Texas has recruited in a long while.

Reactions: jsto60
Fair enough. The thing is 4 of the 5 OL are back so coaching them up is not as necessary although I think the new OL coach is excellent....and a couple true freshman including Shack who will prob start will also add Quality depth. I mean talentwise Okafor, Delance are as good as any OL Texas has gotten for a while now....with Urquidez and Imade I think this has the potential to be the best line Texas has recruited in a long while.

My opinion is that either okafor or vahe should get a look at center with the other playing guard. I don't think okafor is a tackle even with his long arms because he's a hair under 6'3. If I were a Horn fan I'd hope to see (L to R) Williams, Hudson, Vahe, okafor, Perkins. I'm curious to how Hudson adapts to D1 ball but athletically since the first time I watched his film I thought his potential was Larry Allen, that's what I saw. Texas is such a wild card this year. QB and dline will determine your season IMO.

Nope. 1 maybe 2 losses.........and i have Texas beating nd. ;) Watch and see

I will be watching for sure. 50/50 right now on being there in person. (Have 4 tickets for myself & in-laws in Dallas.)
The question is, if Texas comes out & loses by a decent amount (two scores), will everybody be down again? Right now we are all speculating & throwing out opinions, but we don't know how good either team is. I know I will be very, very disappointed with ND if they lose.
Will you be content if Texas loses but looks a lot better? Or are you all in on a win only like I am with ND?

My opinion is that either okafor or vahe should get a look at center with the other playing guard. I don't think okafor is a tackle even with his long arms because he's a hair under 6'3. If I were a Horn fan I'd hope to see (L to R) Williams, Hudson, Vahe, okafor, Perkins. I'm curious to how Hudson adapts to D1 ball but athletically since the first time I watched his film I thought his potential was Larry Allen, that's what I saw. Texas is such a wild card this year. QB and dline will determine your season IMO.

I think Hudson is probably a better player than Shack so it wouldn't surprise me to see Vahe move to center. There was talk about that in the spring. Hudson will play one of the guard spots.

The deal is in front of your house where you have a chance of looking like an idiot to the neighbors . The time I lost to Fizz I didn't like it, but I did it. I doubt if he enjoyed singing it last year. We didn't trade pics, but I have no doubt that he filled out his end of the deal just like I did the year before

You're on..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT