ADVERTISEMENT

If there was even a question who got the better end of the deal

And what exactly does a&m add to the the $EC other than TV sets in Texas? They certainly aren't competing for conference championships.

MM, you ever been out on the town and see a super hot chick, I mean smoking hot, with a dumpy, dorky looking putz of a guy? What's the first thing that pops in your head? "He must be really rich".

You'll never convince Uber dork that she doesn't truly love him. He everyone in the room knows she's just playing him for his bank account or what's in his cupboard. Even as she is draining his account dry buying furs, jewelry, cars, you'll never convince him that she doesn't truly love him until he's been completely taken to the cleaners by her, she dumps him and never calls again.

Aggy, you're the geek. The sec is that hot chick and the bank account monies are the recruits in texas and the tv revenues from your fans.

I bet there are more Aggy tvs than vandy, kentucky, arky, Tennessee, etc..... so why do they get equal shares of YOUR fanbase's money?

You've been had by the hot chick. See, she tried that on us years ago but we were wise to her game..... we kicked her to the curb along with her sec girlfriends that are leaches. You, however, fell for it.

Enjoy my sloppy seconds.

P.S. When you kiss your girlfriend (sec), how does the university of Texas c0ck breath she has, smell?

Reactions: LonghornMM
Keep on tellin' yourself that Supergenius.
Who ended your baseball seasons the past 2 years? Texas and TCU. Like I said, your baseball program is pretty good. Until you run into a Big XII team that is. You're not Big XII good. Fact.

The SEC took A&M for two reasons 1) Money and 2) Recruiting, it opened the state of Texas.

They asked a more historic program that actually wins, but we declined. I know quite a few SEC fans in real life and they just laugh at aggy.

Until you actually have data that supports your recruiting hypothesis, give it a rest. The Texags graphic already put that one to rest.

Until you actually have data that supports your recruiting hypothesis, give it a rest. The Texags graphic already put that one to rest.

Oh yes, the SEC wanted you because of your deep history of winning.

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

Why else would the SEC want you? Do you think they actually wanted you because of your rich history of winning? A&M has 3 top 5 AP finishes in football in their entire history, A&M has never been past the sweet 16 in basketball, and A&M has 2 CWS wins in their history. Delusional aggy, they wanted you because of money and recruiting. Lil bro wants to feel included so bad, but bottom line is the SEC is using you. How does it feel?

ricky-gervais-hysterical-laughter.gif

Last edited:
You have zero $EC titles in the big sports. You've opened up the floodgates for $EC teams recruiting football players in Texas. Data.

The hilarious thing is ags want to feel included so badly they don't even realize they are now the abused lil bro of other schools.

Reactions: Scholz
What Texags graphic proven what? This guy can't be serious! Come on man

Last edited:
TCU is the better program in the Big 3 sports.

Basketball: TCU 4 sweet 16s, 1 elite 8. A&M 3 sweet 16s, 0 elite 8s.
Baseball: I don't even need to do research on this one. TCU won as many CWS games this year as A&M's entire history.
Football: TCU 4 top 5 AP finishes, A&M 3.

All A&M has on TCU is 1 national title in football back in 1939. Granted, TCU won 2 "national titles" in 1935 and 1938 that aren't recognized by the NCAA.

TCU is the better program in the Big 3 sports.

Basketball: TCU 4 sweet 16s, 1 elite 8. A&M 3 sweet 16s, 0 elite 8s.
Baseball: I don't even need to do research on this one. TCU won as many CWS games this year as A&M's entire history.
Football: TCU 4 top 5 AP finishes, A&M 3.

All A&M has on TCU is 1 national title in football back in 1939. Granted, TCU won 2 national titles in 1935 and 1938 that aren't recognized by the NCAA.
Not to mention who is running the state without winning the recruiting wars....Damn you
TCU.

Reactions: utisdabomb12

Pretty please with sugar on top, send me that link. And then I will redirect you to 1987, and 1994 when the sec asked texas to bail on the SWC and join the sec. Instead they got arky. How relevant has arky been in the sec since they left the swc? Sec wanted your tv viewers revenue base, and the fertile grounds of texas to recruit. Again, as I said in my post above, you're the geek with a big wallet dating the hot chick. Once she's bled you dry, you'll realize what was going on.

If you can look in the mirror and say to yourself "they wanted us because of our winning tradition" and the mirror doesn't shatter in your face due to it laughing at you, you also have a delusional mirror.

Reactions: oldhorn2
A&M is 56-29 against TCU in football with a 24 game winning streak. TCU got their history by beating up on WAC and Conf. USA teams which A&M was 14-0 against WAC teams and 139-75 against Conf. USA teams. A&M has 105 more all time wins. TCU won their titles in the 30's as well, so according to you...those aren't really relevant. You only try to kid yourselves that TCU is a better replacement. You don't get geeked up to play TCU every Thanksgiving. You don't pile into thier 45,000 seat stadium and expect a great atmosphere. TCU will never generate the revenue A&M does.

Baseball TCU has been in 3 college world series, A&M has been in 5

TCU has won 5 regionals...A&M has won 8

TCU has 13 tournament appearances...A&M has 31

Basketball...both teams suck. TCU has 7 tournament appearances. A&M has 12. TCU has more sweet 16 appearances and they have an elite 8 to their credit.

A&M is 56-29 against TCU in football with a 24 game winning streak. TCU got their history by beating up on WAC and Conf. USA teams which A&M was 14-0 against WAC teams and 139-75 against Conf. USA teams. A&M has 105 more all time wins. TCU won their titles in the 30's as well, so according to you...those aren't really relevant. You only try to kid yourselves that TCU is a better replacement. You don't get geeked up to play TCU every Thanksgiving. You don't pile into thier 45,000 seat stadium and expect a great atmosphere. TCU will never generate the revenue A&M does.

Basketball...both teams suck. TCU has 7 tournament appearances. A&M has 12. TCU has more sweet 16 appearances and they have an elite 8 to their credit.

That's nice and all, way to find victories in areas that really don't mean much. Never go full aggy like you did. You aggys like to act like you are gods when the bottom line is you are about the same level as TCU when it comes to athletics.

TCU won their titles in the 30's as well, so according to you...those aren't really relevant.
Title. Singular. Like you. AP and UPI titles count. Revisionist history ones don't.

And no, neither is really relevant but just pointing out that they're on par with you in terms of historical achievements.

You only try to kid yourselves that TCU is a better replacement.
They won a BCS game in football. They're also currently better than you.

Baseball TCU...
Had as many wins in Omaha this season as your entire history. Has been to Omaha 3 times since 2010. Ended your season this year. TCU is CLEARLY better in baseball. Only a delusional fanboy would say otherwise.

Remember this Aggy...Aggy is all about the here and now! What have you done for me lately! Don't regurgitate what you view as historical facts on this board, Aggy doesn't have a History, nor do they want to talk history with Texas.

Since that 100 year move and TCU's inclusion to the Big 12-2-2+2=10, Who has done more and with what? TCU and they're not winning any recruiting wars.

Reactions: diadevic

So per your argument, both programs have been about even. Maybe you've beat them more times head to head in football, but overall, neither of you have much to point toward in the realm of great accomplishments. The major difference per your argument is............? Money.
You say you're fan base has it, tcu does not.

You've just proven my argument. Thank you. Sec wanted you for "money from TV viewers and recruiting in texas."

You're history pretty much sucks, as does theirs. So sec didn't want you because of your storied history. However, in the last decade or so, tcu has more bcs wins than aggy. So who's trending?

So per your argument, both programs have been about even. Maybe you've beat them more times head to head in football, but overall, neither of you have much to point toward in the realm of great accomplishments. The major difference per your argument is............? Money.
You say you're fan base has it, tcu does not.

You've just proven my argument. Thank you. Sec wanted you for "money from TV viewers and recruiting in texas."

You're history pretty much sucks, as does theirs. So sec didn't want you because of your storied history. However, in the last decade or so, tcu has more bcs wins than aggy. So who's trending?

Well said.

Of course the SEC wanted A&M because of money. I am an Aggie, but it is obvious. Why would any conference want to bring on a new school that didn't grow the revenue pie.
If we were a small private school with few fans or resources, the SEC would never have considered us. It is just a fact. If TCU had called the SEC, they would not have even gotten a call back. Conferences with options will always pick the big schools that bring the most money. If the BIG12 had options, do you think they would have taken TCU?
Do you think the rest of the BIG12 loves Texas? Or just the fact that you guys and OU are the only reasons the BIG12 is considered a power 5? They just want the dollars that come with you guys.
Conferences are a business. If Texas or Alabama or Ohio State had the same history and brought no money to the table, no top conference would want them. Teams with the most history normally bring the most dollars, but never believe that history is more important than future revenues to the SEC or any other top notch conference.
We should stop apologizing for being a big school with money, same story for you guys.
Finally, I don't get all the Big 3 sports talk. No confernce gives a shit about baseball. Other than the ACC, basketball is second fiddle. Follow the money, you'll find that football is all that matters to conferences.

Finally, I don't get all the Big 3 sports talk. No confernce gives a shit about baseball. Other than the ACC, basketball is second fiddle. Follow the money, you'll find that football is all that matters to conferences.

That's because you are an aggy. If A&M was good in baseball or basketball you would be over here crowing about how it's a Big 3 sport.

That's because you are an aggy. If A&M was good in baseball or basketball you would be over here crowing about how it's a Big 3 sport.
Maybe as a fan. But as a business person running a conference, I'd hope I cared more about money.
I was trying to agree with you guys. The SEC wanted us because they love money, not maroon or our traditions. If we were great at gymnastics, soccer, swimming, golf, etc.. they wouldn't have cared. We may be good at those sports, but who cares. I don't even know.

aTm is Ruby Red dress......"aint got no future.....and never made no past" Out side of CS the rest of the football world thinks of aTm sort of like they think of Colorado or maybe Indiana....every once in a while pretty good, but mostly irrelevant ...I feel bad for you. I really do, but yall just dont mean much.

TCU was a must grab and on the rise. They're no different than a Vandy when it comes to private and numbers.

The other must grab at the time and they should have done it at the same time as WVU is/was Louisville! That was the biggest miss IMHO.

Thing is I think posters like aggie_brent honestly believe A&M is a big boy in athletics.

aTm is Ruby Red dress......"aint got no future.....and never made no past" Out side of CS the rest of the football world thinks of aTm sort of like they think of Colorado or maybe Indiana....every once in a while pretty good, but mostly irrelevant ...I feel bad for you. I really do, but yall just dont mean much.
Don't feel bad for us. We are fine. Why all the hate if we are irrelevant? I think our move to the SEC was the final nail in the BIG12's coffin. We kicked the door open for SEC teams to recruit Texas. We are very relevant to the future of the Big12 and the SEC.
Texas will be fine going forward, but over half the BIG12 is screwed long term.

Truth. And I honestly don't know why. The only time honored constant is that they don't win jack in the major sports.
...and their all male cheerleaders get chased by cadets and thrown in the fountain. (Ghey)

Don't feel bad for us. We are fine.
Good. I'm glad you've come to grips with never winning a major national title in your lifetime. The truth shall set you free and you'll be happier.

Why all the hate if we are irrelevant?
A) Your fans won't go away like you promised
B) Your fans are delusional, dishonest, bitter, obsessed and douchey

Don't feel bad for us. We are fine. Why all the hate if we are irrelevant? I think our move to the SEC was the final nail in the BIG12's coffin. We kicked the door open for SEC teams to recruit Texas. We are very relevant to the future of the Big12 and the SEC.
Texas will be fine going forward, but over half the BIG12 is screwed long term.

I agree with some of your points. With that being said, we currently have an athletic director who is all about the money and the money only. How's that working out for him?

It can't ALWAYS be ONLY about the money and patterson is about to learn that lesson in resounding fashion. He was handed the keys to the most successful athletic program in the history of humanity. All he had to do was not f it up. Well, he is f-ing it up. This business is about people just as much as it is about money. The sec is only about money. Like all trends, nothing lasts forever. The sec has been trending of late, but the last two seasons have been less than years before, for the sec. No conference stays on top forever. Never have, never will. The sec, like patterson, will come crashing back to earth at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT