ADVERTISEMENT

If there was even a question who got the better end of the deal

I agree with some of your points. With that being said, we currently have an athletic director who is all about the money and the money only. How's that working out for him?

It can't ALWAYS be ONLY about the money and patterson is about to learn that lesson in resounding fashion. He was handed the keys to the most successful athletic program in the history of humanity. All he had to do was not f it up. Well, he is f-ing it up. This business is about people just as much as it is about money. The sec is only about money. Like all trends, nothing lasts forever. The sec has been trending of late, but the last two seasons have been less than years before, for the sec. No conference stays on top forever. Never have, never will. The sec, like patterson, will come crashing back to earth at some point.
You are right. I am just saying that the major reason the SEC wanted us was money.

A) Your fans won't go away like you promised
B) Your fans are delusional, dishonest, bitter, obsessed and douchey

A) I never promised anything. This board should post more hate towards conference foes. When topics are started about how bad A&M is, it draws us in. I enjoy the banter, but if we were never mentioned we'd probably go away.
B) All fan bases are delusional, dishonest, bitter etc....

I agree with that to a certain degree. I think the big 10 is going to start grabbing headlines because, as the media likes to do, they need some new blood and story lines. I think they will try and pit urban vs harbaugh all the live long day. Especially if michigan has some early success.

When topics are started about how bad A&M is, it draws us in. I enjoy the banter, but if we were never mentioned we'd probably go away.
Dishonest. You never go away. The topics here are a function of obsessed aggys never leaving the site, not the other way around. Go away already. It's not a job requirement of you guys to come over here REGARDLESS of what we talk about anyway.

All fan bases are delusional, dishonest, bitter etc....
There are degrees sure but you people live on a different planet.

Dishonest. You never go away. The topics here are a function of obsessed aggys never leaving the site, not the other way around. Go away already. It's not a job requirement of you guys to come over here REGARDLESS of what we talk about anyway.
This thread was about how the Big12 is better off with TCU over A&M. You can not honestly say the OP didn't know this would draw in Aggies. Or atleast he should have known.
If we went away this site would just be a circle jerk board like so many others. That's not my idea of fun.
I promise not to post on topics about Dubai or Texas Olympic sports.

I promise not to post on topics about Dubai or Texas Olympic sports.
You shouldn't post about football, basketball or baseball. You never do anything in those.

And TCU does have a better athletic dept than you.

I agree with that to a certain degree. I think the big 10 is going to start grabbing headlines because, as the media likes to do, they need some new blood and story lines. I think they will try and pit urban vs harbaugh all the live long day. Especially if michigan has some early success.
Don't forget Sparty, those slow teams up North are starting to wake up! Cyclical world of CFB.

mm42, the reason why people don't like aggies is because aggies are myopic, delusional, arrogant, smug, weird, obnoxious and are completely out of touch with reality when it comes to their athletic programs. aggies act like they're a blue blood when they have no history of winning anything in the big 3 sports. They act like they're some big-time program since they joined the $EC. Just because a&m is in what is currently the best conference doesn't make them a top-tier program by association. a&m is a middle of the pack program in the $EC just as they were in the Big 12. I think it was a good move on a&m's part to get out of Texas' shadow, but honestly I don't see the results changing for them on the playing field anytime soon. a&m traded their daddy Texas and OU and now their daddy is LSU, Alabama and Auburn.

Reactions: RealBear and Scholz
Our vibe attracts their tribe... If we never mentioned the term Aggy, they would still interject.

It's pretty obvious the SEC took A&M in to open up recruiting in Texas. They know damn well they will not compete for anything and will continue to be what they were in the Big 12. A middle of the pack program.

TV sets were more important than recruiting, but Bama opening the year in TX the last two speaks volumes to the recruiting angle.

SEC was terrified of a PAC 16 which would control all TV sets west of the Missp. Adding Aggy helped prevent them from getting past. TX + CA >>>>>>>>>> than any muledick southern state.

It's pretty obvious the SEC took A&M in to open up recruiting in Texas. They know damn well they will not compete for anything and will continue to be what they were in the Big 12. A middle of the pack program.

Falco....it is exactly because of this that the secsecsec took aTm. They would have a complete win-win scenerio with no possible downside.....an opening to the recruiting grounds of texas and no upsetting of the current power structure. Believe me... those secsecsec backroom power boys are STILL slapping themselves on their backs for this coup....The only thing they didnt count on was the wacko fan base that went with it.

Did ssomeone say A&M is like Indiana? Indiana has won basketball championships that are much more relevant to today's sports fan than anything A&M has accomplished. Like, in the era games were televised and most of us were alive.

well dammit Horn1....YOU try and find another program as irrelevant as aTm....Indiana
was all I could think of....ok you got me....uh....Minnesota?....

Reactions: horn01
well dammit Horn1....YOU try and find another program as irrelevant as aTm....Indiana
was all I could think of....ok you got me....uh....Minnesota?....

Well, errr, no. Actually UM has 3 baseball natty's and has 5 hockey natty's. While college hockey is not a big sport here, in Minnesota it is. I would wager that aggy is far more irrelevant than even the mighty Gophers.

What Texags graphic proven what? This guy can't be serious! Come on man

The graphic shows where 247 composite 4 and 5 stars from Texas went. A&M benefitted from the move over anyone else. You guys just didn't take into account how much the other guys were here in years past when they won championships.

EBZ0zwx.png

This is a tough crowd!...OK Horn1 and Lupar....This is tough. To illustrate how rough my task is to find a more Nationally irrelevant program than aTm, think about this....aTm is the only place I can think of that is less relevant than their sub school TAMUK....the school formally known as Texas A&I. has won 3...4...5..National Titles in football at NAIA level...surprised that isnt on the wall at Kyle Field.

ok....back to work...ok...try this....How about colorado State?

LMAO, I don't think aggys know what 'benefit' means. They pull out all these moral victories like champs though. A&M has 'benefited' so well from the SEC move in recruiting that they've regressed every year on the field.

aggie_brent is your standard delusional aggy. Arguing with him is pointless. He probably honestly believes A&M has accomplished something in the SEC.

aggie_brent is your standard delusional aggy. Arguing with him is pointless. He probably honestly believes A&M has accomplished something in the SEC.
They had that one upset over Bama a few years ago to keep them warm at night. :D

Has there ever been a program to ride a regular season win against Bama like the Aggies? It's unbelievable. This is when know a program has accomplished nothing when this is the highlight of their history.

I will use rivals as soon as you admit A&M had the better 2015 class. You won't, so 247 composite works just fine for everyone.
you must not read well. It's slready in a thread.

I already posted it you simple do nothing Ag.

Imagine how insufferable they would be if they actually won something...

It would be disgusting. It wouldn't take long for the other sec fan bases to get to the understanding we have of theirs, thats for sure.

The graphic shows where 247 composite 4 and 5 stars from Texas went. A&M benefitted from the move over anyone else. You guys just didn't take into account how much the other guys were here in years past when they won championships.

EBZ0zwx.png

Not sure what that chart tells me other than aggie has definitely been riding that johnny and sec newness perfect storm Sumlin stumbled into and that Texas has had shitty football teams since back before the realignment.

Aggie worst nightmare is for Texas to weather this period, start winning again, get momentum, and make playoffs before they do... despite aggie being in the "sec" and start taking away some of those recruits aggie has gotten so "used to"..... and without even winning a damn thing in the meantime.

ADVERTISEMENT