ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Norvell is on fire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Stoops should have made more changes on the defensive side of the ball starting with his brother. That still doesn't take away from the fact that other than Shepard, out WR group was terrible last year.
So, his career with the land thieves is defined by one season?

Bomb, Do you really not know all of our coaches on the defensive side of the ball except Mike are new coaches in the last three years. We fired or retired three just last year. Don't let facts get in the way of the conversation. Carry on.

Is this really your argument? Montgomery bolted for the NFL and Wright retired. Stoops fired absolutely nobody on the defensive side of the ball.

The 2 worst coaches are still on staff, Kish and Mike Stoops. If Bob Stoops was firing coaches based on performance those should have been the first 2 gone. They've been absolutely terrible since 2012. Only option Stoops had to fire were guys on the offensive side of the ball because he wasn't going to fire his brother and boy Kish.

Would you honestly like for me to go over the long list of WR recruits that never ended up doing squat?

Still seems like he was the most productive WR coach in OU's history. Every coach misses on some players, what's your point? Just keep ignoring the same facts I post over and over.

"Three of the top four players on Oklahoma’s all-time receptions chart have played under Norvell’s direction – Ryan Broyles (349), Kenny Stills (204) and Juaquin Iglesias (202) – while five of the top six single-season reception marks have come under Norvell."

How a
Would you honestly like for me to go over the long list of WR recruits that never ended up doing squat?
How awesome have your QB's been over the last couple of years? His first season was 2008 with Bradford then Landry. Since?????

Last edited:
Bomb, As you know, I am not much of a Stoops fan but Stoops proved anyone, maybe with the exception of his brother, is fair game. He fired the runner up Heisman, NC winner Heupel and a fan favorite in Norvell.

How a

How awesome have your QB's been over the last couple of years? His first season was 2008 with Bradford then Landry. Since?????
Did you happen to notice the year Broyles got hurt and we had absolutely no one to even come close to taking his place? Even Stills completely disappeared. Landry was the QB during that year. I'm not saying that Norvell was a complete bust or that he didn't have a hand full of good receivers. I'm saying that overall he was average and replaceable.

Bomb, As you know, I am not much of a Stoops fan but Stoops proved anyone, maybe with the exception of his brother, is fair game. He fired the runner up Heisman, NC winner Heupel and a fan favorite in Norvell.

Sounds good. He didn't fire Bob Stoops and Kish. Not firing Kish was absolutely laughable, even worse than not firing Bob Stoops. Hell, I think Kish only landed 1 recruit last year?

Norvell was a fan favorite? Don't know about that

Women Abuser U. has 6 commits right now with an average star rating of 2.83.

I think the most overlooked thing this off season is OU losing Montgomery to the NFL. Dude was a recruiting monster. I really think OU's recruiting will suffer this year without Montgomery.

Yeah, Landry only threw for 3198, 4718, 4463 and 4267 in 13, 14, 13 and 13 games while going 8-5, 12-2, 10-3 and 10-3 throwing to Norvell receivers and Norvell only produced 3 of the all time WR's in most yards, 4 in most receptions and 3 for most TD's in OU history. For shame!

Mm feel free to enlighten me on what I was wrong about or what rule I broke with my post. If you wish to do so by email feel free to do so. Thank you

Yeah, Landry only threw for 3198, 4718, 4463 and 4267 in 13, 14, 13 and 13 games while going 8-5, 12-2, 10-3 and 10-3 throwing to Norvell receivers and Norvell only produced 3 of the all time WR's in most yards, 4 in most receptions and 3 for most TD's in OU history. For shame!
Again, if he was so great then why was he fired?

Back to Norvell and others.....I don't know if he should have been fired but wr development and some major WR bust over the past few years had definitely hurt his reputation as an elite position coach. The man is a great recruiter and a decent hire but it remains to be seen if he will meet yalls expectations

What?....you mean I am the only Stoops fan around here?

Reactions: Fizzwilly
What?....you mean I am the only Stoops fan around here?
Chalk me up as another. I also rate Leach pretty high.

leach2-popup.jpg

Hook 'em

Reactions: oldhorn2
He fired the OC too. I could possibly agree if he was the only one let go but he wasnt

Getting rid of just Norvell wouldn't have appeased anyone. If Bob Stoops was legitimately firing coaches based off performance Mike Stoops and Kish should have been let go before Heupel and Norvell. That's the bottom line.

Lol. Y'all have fun and go back to being jealous of anything and everything ou. I love it.

Not for nothing, but we are talking about a UT coach in this thread. And you are the OU fan that lives here and posted about OU coaches. Remind us again who is jealous and obsessed?

Getting rid of just Norvell wouldn't have appeased anyone. If Bob Stoops was legitimately firing coaches based off performance Mike Stoops and Kish should have been let go before Heupel and Norvell. That's the bottom line.
No they were equally as bad at the end of the year. Hello Clemson. If there aren't improvements Stoops will take action

He fired the OC too. I could possibly agree if he was the only one let go but he wasnt
Sacrificed both to save his brother; he needed some scalps and blood is thicker than water, a problem that comes with mixing family and business. He'll have to live with the result and his seat will be getting a little warmer if the team doesn't start to challenge for conference championships on a regular basis, like the good (bad) ol' days.

Hook 'em

Bomb cracks me up. When he doesn't have an answer he always resorts to immaturity. Some things never change

I've only repeated the same thing about 15 times in this thread. I'm honestly a little worried that you really haven't figured out the answer to your question in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT