ADVERTISEMENT

Just for clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by WildBill71:

Originally posted by tysonsmalek:
I'm not sure how I'd feel about launching an investigative slash propaganda war with Belmont. Doesn't seem like it would end well for anyone.

This is my thought as well.

What if this now blew up the entire Austin deal, if he was indeed the hire?

Originally posted by Future Texas HC:

Originally posted by Ketchum:
Either...

a. Mack doesn't know that a UT athletic official has has been spreading secret Intel that he doesn't want shared.

b. Someone with an account listed under a UT official has been planting smokescreens on the board to mess with us and made a boo boo.

five_fingers_and_face.gif
LOL

So does that mean my Longhorn Foundation donation is paying for a guy in the athletics office to browse OB all day? How can I get that job? I am qualified.

Originally posted by jsswt:
Either...

a. Mack doesn't know that a UT athletic official has has been spreading secret Intel that he doesn't want shared.

b. Someone with an account listed under a UT official has been planting smokescreens on the board to mess with us and made a boo boo.

Hold on. You said it was a comped account (SID), right? If so, wouldn't you be very aware of who the account is attributed to?

I think it's more complicated than that.

I think I've made it very clear that I know who the offending party is.

Yeah, I posted this before you clarified, or at least I attempted to. This thread is moving quickly.

Originally posted by bubba2023:

Originally posted by Suchomel:

Originally posted by DizzG:
so is what TexasSID true or false? Guess I dont see the point of spreading its not Austin if Austin is the guy. If you have your man whats the point?

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Are you kidding me? You don't see why people at UT would want to spread wrong information?

I don't, why would they?

I'm with Such on this.

Are y'all kidding
question.gif

Originally posted by WildBill71:
Originally posted by tysonsmalek:
I'm not sure how I'd feel about launching an investigative slash propaganda war with Belmont. Doesn't seem like it would end well for anyone.

This is my thought as well.
Agreed. Would get really ugly for both parties and make us look like immature children to everyone with an outside perspective.

If you don't think Mack would purposefully be spreading disinformation, you dont know him very well.

He STILL hates the Internet and now it looks like he REALLY hates Ketch. You are now receiving the full wrath of this guy and all his powers. He is acting like he is consumed with making KEtch et al look like unconnected idiots.

Mack should realize he is fighting a losing battle. KEtch can call guys who own planes that hang out with mack at parties, go hunting with Mack, etc. Mack needs to focus on the things he can control and quit worrying about the internet.

My guess is he wants to hire 2 coordinators who don't know what the internet is, nor how to click a mouse, and have their admins print off their emails to read on their desk, besides the computer on their desk that they don't know how to turn on.

"Are you kidding me? You don't see why people at UT would want to spread wrong information?"

I dont really get the point of coming on this site and spreading Austin's not the guy...Mack is talking to other people etc when Austin's the guy. Why would you want the fans to question the hire when its made by spreading Mack was looking at other people?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I told you that Air Coryell was a troll and a fraud. I have said it from his first post.

Originally posted by 94Sip:
If you don't think Mack would purposefully be spreading disinformation, you dont know him very well.

He STILL hates the Internet and now it looks like he REALLY hates Ketch. You are now receiving the full wrath of this guy and all his powers. He is acting like he is consumed with making KEtch et al look like unconnected idiots.

Mack should realize he is fighting a losing battle. KEtch can call guys who own planes that hang out with mack at parties, go hunting with Mack, etc. Mack needs to focus on the things he can control and quit worrying about the internet.

My guess is he wants to hire 2 coordinators who don't know what the internet is, nor how to click a mouse, and have their admins print off their emails to read on their desk, besides the computer on their desk that they don't know how to turn on.

i dont get your post. so what you're saying is that you do know him well enough to know his intentions? or are you like everyone else on this site who has NO idea?

Originally posted by boataj2003:

i dont get your post. so what you're saying is that you do know him well enough to know his intentions? or are you like everyone else on this site who has NO idea?
check boataj2003's ip address
smilie2.gif

zoolander_imac_1.jpg

Originally posted by DizzG:
"Are you kidding me? You don't see why people at UT would want to spread wrong information?"

I dont really get the point of coming on this site and spreading Austin's not the guy...Mack is talking to other people etc when Austin's the guy. Why would you want the fans to question the hire when its made by spreading Mack was looking at other people?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

im with you on this one. make no sense if you have the guy you want.

Think about it for a minute though...if the SID wanted to make OB and other sites look bad, would they really have someone dispute that Austin was the guy, only to hire him later? That would make OB and everyone else that stuck by the story look better, not worse. So, I think that AC's information was legit - i.e. no offer has been made.

If they wanted people to question the source, this is probably what they thought of as the best way to do it. They didn't have much other choice if they wanted to try and mess with us. What else would they do? They already have people doubting that is Austin, look around.

Bellmont wants to delay the information about who was hired as DC until the posting has been up the supposedly requisite amount of time. But Austin was found to be the guy. OB has good sources, and the largest subscription base. Someone comes on here, says they are from Seattle, a place with ties to Austin and Jerry Gray, posts info from Coryell, etc. and attempts to place info out there that people believed. Look at Coryell's old threads.

Today's entire post isn't what I would be referring to, as I think the Akina/Applewhite stuff was true, that they were sticking, I am referring back to when AirCoryell disputed the Austin information, and further today put it out there. Too bad the next time AirCoryell tried to post some info to further try and throw OB posters off the scent, TexasSID forgot to log out.

I hear what you are saying. I'm thinking long term. If they are trying to damage the credibility of mods on this site (and others), then it does them no good to dispute the information that was put out, only for it to be proven to be correct. This just reinforces the credibility of the site.

On the other hand, from a short term perspective, then it makes sense as you suggest - i.e. creating a smokescreen until the hiring is announced.

Originally posted by boataj2003:

What's not to get - can you not read? Quit being so defensive.

finally caught up to this thread... holy crap this thing is moving.

I imagine ketch working this like a poker game, give me something to go with and I will leave your little f up alone.

Originally posted by horntodd:
Either...

c. With authorization someone from UT has been posting info to counter incorrect information that has been spread about the coaching search.
D. Ketch is AirCoryell.

He posts info about the new DC hire that he knows to be correct and claims a press conference will soon follow. Of course UT claims the info is inaccurate and decides to hold off on the press conference. Ketch, knowing his credibility is on the line, creates a pseudonym by the name of AirCoryell.

He starts posting his supposed inside info stating there have been no offers given to anyone yet. He posts these little nuggets (sorry, crumpets) over the next few days and people start to give credence to what he is saying. Ketch then manufactures this controversy trying to tie AirCoryell to the Texas SID which in turn lends credibility AirCoryell's claim. That way when Texas finally holds a press conference naming Austin as the new DC then Ketch's original claim will have been proven correct thereby reaffirming him as the ultimate UT insider. One with sources so good that not even the Texas SID can thwart him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT