ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (About those vacant positions...)

I still haven't gotten over the Rangers blowing it against the Cardinals and I think this loss will stick around for awhile too.

Ketch called it...complete & utter horsesh!t. Period.

I'm going to crawl back into my hole now.

You can be certain Strong is in interview mode in Louisville right now as i type this. Am certain he will make the right hires to join his staff

Some of the names:

Dugans
Gilmore
Levine
Beamer
John Baxter(rumors)
Lewis
Boulware
Others?

Seems like after reading this board and others, most seem to think Levine and Dugans have the best shots? anyone?

edit: forgot Tee Martin
This post was edited on 1/11 10:56 PM by CPHornfan

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (About those vacant position

Originally posted by MJohnsonEsq:
No one will ever convince me that the Dez call was the right one. The fact that it was a video reversal of the call on the field makes it even more inexplicable.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
That catch ought to go down as one of the greatest in playoff history. It's better than "The Catch" that the TE from SF made years ago when Montana was QB, the one they replay ad infinitum when playoff time comes around....

Bryant secured the ball, tried to make the end zone. The ball did move, but he NEVER lost possession. How can it be?
Bullshit.

Refs have really screwed the game this year.

The NFL sux. Goodell sucks. They both suck.

I feel your pain on the cowboys Ketch. Hell, i destroyed 10 card board boxes in my house that needed to be broken down for the trash. It sure made me feel better but the film my daughter made was not my best moment. Refs you can suck it.. When you start focusing on parts of rules and ignoring other parts of rules and forget common sense and the play is ruled a catch on the field then you suck!!!!
uzi.r191677.gif

No the worst call ever was the pickup of the pass interference call last week versus Detroit as the NFL said it was a wrong call.

Even though I disagree with the rule this call was per the rules and the NFL agrees it was correct .

The ball was moving the whole time he was moving forward.

Lions say its a bitch when you have to play by the rules

Complain all you want about bad call or stupid rule. Not sure I would even disagree. How about the phantom personal foul on GB when they were inside the 10? Look, there were over 4 minutes left in the game and Dallas couldn't stop Rogers that second half regardless of how many legs he was hobbling on.

To say the better team didn't win is childish. As you like to say, "Be better."

Originally posted by Dux 11:
It was a catch
Sorry, but I've watched that play over a dozen times and Bryant is still trying to maintain control of the ball when he goes down. His momentum takes him toward the end zone. No catch. Was it indisputable enough to be overturned...I don't know. But it was not a catch, if you're going to go by the rulebook.

Ketch I'm probably as sick as you over that call. However, we still had an opportunity to stop them and we didn't. I can't blame this game on the refs considering we missed multiple opportunities. The best teams overcome the penalties and the Cowboys are just not quite there yet. Assuming we draft defense we should be much improved next year defensively.

Originally posted by Dick Marcinko:

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by krzy4ut:

I dont thave a dog in the fight. I wont argue any of what you said regarding Dez's catch, steps and obvious stretch to the goal line. My understanding, what I keep hearing from those on TV, is that you can do all of that, BUT if you lose the ball after all of that when you hit the ground then it is not a catch.

PLEASE know that I DO NOT agree. I think that is asinine and wrong. Didnt agree with the Calvin Johnson play either.

If he catches the ball in the middle of the field, it's a catch. Horseshit.
What's the difference between 3 steps or 5 steps or 10 steps? In my mind Dez gets short-changed because people automatically assume that he can't have complete and total control of the ball with only one hand. His hands are so large that he could have had complete and total control of a basketball.
Dez caught the ball, he then made a definite football move and he took 3 steps and then because he's so competitive he reached out to try to get the ball across the goal line and when his arm hit the ground the ball was jarred loose but it never hit the ground when he again regained control of the ball. Dez would have been better served in taking those 3 steps and then falling down in some type of yoga position where he would have had both hands, arms and feet around the ball or better yet his chest could have absorbed the ball into his thoracic cavity for good measure. Bad call and I believe the replay refs got it wrong.

You and Ketch and every other Cowboy fan, jeez. F'ing read what I wrote. I'M NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU THAT IT SHOULD BE A CATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What no one is addressing, F IT. Live in your misery.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

The holes in the rankings used to come from the pockets of players you were ranking without enough information to truly form a complete opinion, now I'm starting to think our biggest concern moving forward needs to center around our information bias, as it's easier to put the kids you've seen out in front of the rankings, while unintentionally punishing those you haven't seen as much of.

Absolutely. It's been the major gripe for some time with bias attributed to parts of the country represented by more coverage. It's the major reason people think the rankings are slanted towards the SE or SEC geographic footprint. It's a natural line of thought.

Kudos to keeping an open mind that the entire system could be improved. It's a human based system with limited measurable data. So it will always be subjective. But, a systematic evaluation could only benefit any system, much less on propagated by people with economic incentives toward the outcomes.

Originally posted by gs68:
No the worst call ever was the pickup of the pass interference call last week versus Detroit as the NFL said it was a wrong call.

Even though I disagree with the rule this call was per the rules and the NFL agrees it was correct .

Interesting quote. Did Brandon Pettigrew say that while he was grabbing Hitchens' facemask, or did Suh say that as he was stomping on another player lying on the ground?

Originally posted by PackerHorns:
Third??

GO PACK GO!
This post was edited on 1/11 9:37 PM by PackerHorns
Oh boy, Ketch, you're really fully on board that roller-coaster/train wreck that's knows as Liverpool FC fandom... Good luck with that... There's a lot of misery in your future - the Cowboys v GB game should be a good primer for you... By the way, did you ever think you'd root for a team where your dream aspiration is to be fourth best each year...
wink.r191677.gif

Horrible call for sure but Cowboy D had a chance to get the ball back for the offense.

Originally posted by MJohnsonEsq:
No one will ever convince me that the Dez call was the right one. The fact that it was a video reversal of the call on the field makes it even more inexplicable.

I absolutely agree. The video review means they should have been able to get it right and there was no evidence to over turn the call on the field. The one referee was right there at the one out of bounds so you know he saw the play and ruled it a catch with the ball just short of the goal line.

Originally posted by gs68:

Of course the ball was moving the whole time he was moving forward. He had the ball in his hands and he had control of it. Geesh !

Ketch -

I will go to my grave bitter over the '79 Oilers/Steelers playoff game where Mike Renfro was robbed of a touchdown catch. I completely feel your pain and bitterness. And I was 8 years old when that happened.

I watched the Dez CATCH and that is exactly what it was - a CATCH. I have watched plenty of other NFL games and seen them call it a catch when you take the ball and tuck it away, like Dez did. Plus, Dez had already taken the ball down from in the air and taken 3 steps, with both hands on the ball.

Dallas was robbed

(BTW - I don't really consider myself a Texans fan)

It was the correct call by "rule".

Originally posted by nojo76:
Ketch, what is the likelihood that Strong makes a splash hire?
Not really his style it seems.Not a lot of WR/RB hires would even qualify.

It was a BS interpretation of a BS rule! Fact is that Dez had control of the ball longer than Calvin Johnson did (in both of his anti-catch calls). If the difference between that rule and a catch is a "football" move then I'm not sure what constitutes a "football move". Dallas did have a small opportunity after but it was very small. Huge difference between last week and this week as one call did not affect a soon-to-be-certain go ahead score. Refs affected the outcome which should never happen if it is not certain which it was not.

Interesting that the ref (Steratore) was the same one who called CJ's.

Originally posted by grantnjones:
4 Mins left in the game. Have your Defense make a play and get the ball back!
There's some validity to that. Doesn't change the fact that the call wiped what would have been seven points off the board and there was half the time let on the clock than a week ago.

Oh, and the ref forgot to set the clock and let 30 seconds of game-time run off when he shouldn't have after the Dez play.

Total horseshit all the way around.

Originally posted by Akersaway:
Ketch, not sure how you think cowboys were better team today. They were outgained by 100 yards. If the cowboys would have scored there was no indication by their play that the cowboy d would have ever stopped the packers. There was plenty of time after that play to make a stop on d and get the ball back but they couldn't.
They controlled and had the lead for pretty much the entire game and were robbed of re-taking the lead on the road in a place where the home team is normally unbeatable.

Originally posted by dentonhorn:
Must have been the mood I was in but the Grand Budapest Hotel, I thought, was one of the worst I have sat through in years. Maybe I will watch again someday.
It won a Golden Globe last night. It's a unique movie for sure and if you're not in the right mood, you might not be down.

Originally posted by champ6369:
A Taylor Swift list = 10 Thoughts has jumped the shark.

It was a good run.
Stop acting like you didn't like it.

You're likely a closet Swiftie

Originally posted by conwell86:
don't worry time heals everything... you will one day realize that the game was not won or lost because of that call.
Don't condescend me, man.

th

Originally posted by CalHorn81:
That Cowboy loss will stick with me till I die, just like the Superbowl losses to the Steelers and the '94 NFC championship loss to SF. Its gotten to the point that I cringe whenever a play gets reviewed, as logic goes out the window when the idiots start reviewing the tape.
I've already sworn off Sportscenter and any highlight show for the rest of the week.

If I never see it again, it'll be too soon.

ADVERTISEMENT