ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (About those vacant positions...)

Originally posted by gs68:

Lions say its a bitch when you have to play by the rules
Who in the hell gives a shit what the Lions have to say? They're the Lions... JAGs of the NFL.

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (About those vacant position

Originally posted by 5StarHorn:
Complain all you want about bad call or stupid rule. Not sure I would even disagree. How about the phantom personal foul on GB when they were inside the 10? Look, there were over 4 minutes left in the game and Dallas couldn't stop Rogers that second half regardless of how many legs he was hobbling on.
Phantom? What on earth are you talking about?

Good Lord...

Originally posted by HookemUK:

Originally posted by PackerHorns:
Third??

GO PACK GO!
This post was edited on 1/11 9:37 PM by PackerHorns
Oh boy, Ketch, you're really fully on board that roller-coaster/train wreck that's knows as Liverpool FC fandom... Good luck with that... There's a lot of misery in your future - the Cowboys v GB game should be a good primer for you... By the way, did you ever think you'd root for a team where your dream aspiration is to be fourth best each year...
wink.r191677.gif
Uh, I'm a Sixers fan. That alone has primed me all that I will ever need.

It was a catch, That needs to be fixed and never happen again.

I'm done with Rick, I hung on to Mack Brown too long not going to do it with Rick. Sadly I hope the team fails and Rick is gone after this year.

The basketball program needs a new leader,

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by krzy4ut:
I dont thave a dog in the fight. I wont argue any of what you said regarding Dez's catch, steps and obvious stretch to the goal line. My understanding, what I keep hearing from those on TV, is that you can do all of that, BUT if you lose the ball after all of that when you hit the ground then it is not a catch.

PLEASE know that I DO NOT agree. I think that is asinine and wrong. Didnt agree with the Calvin Johnson play either.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
If he catches the ball in the middle of the field, it's a catch. Horseshit.
Not really. Cowboys still had plenty of time to stop them anyways. If you can't hold a team on a 1st and 15 with the game on the line than you really don't deserve to win

Originally posted by gs68:

Lions say its a bitch when you have to play by the rules
Who in the hell gives a shit what the Lions have to say? They're the Lions... JAGs of the NFL.
Well, in this particular instance the NFL cares what the Lions had to say as they apologized for blowing the call in the Detroit/Dallas game. Pretty sure this one won't get an apology as the NFL believes they applied the current rule on the books correctly. I think the rule itself is really dumb, which is the bigger issue related to yesterday's game. As a Cowboy loathing fan though, I'm not at all upset that it's still in place. Please don't ban me for a week :)

Yea, the refs have decided they want to be seen as a vital part of the game. Therefore, the bull-shit call on Dez's catch. My "Worst call in NFL history," post garnered lots and lots of replies but no one, including the refs, have answered why three steps, switching the ball from two hands to one and leaping for the end zone are not "common football moves seen on the field." It would seem that when trying to explain a terrible call all that is left is to say the same thing over and over even when that proves the refs made the wrong call.
chairshot.r191677.gif

In this instance, Dallas never got the ball back. It wasn't the same thing at all.

and who's fault was that? Defense needed to make a stop and couldn't do it. The better team did win yesterday and Rodgers did it on one leg. If anything they are an even better team with him fully healthy and able to use his legs to improvise and create more plays.

Ketch,

You just gave Brady the nod as the #2 QB of all time. Who do you crown as #1? Montana?

Brady has had a more consistent career and with more longevity.

I mean, I was cheering for the Packers; however Dez's call didn't really matter (although I think it was a catch). I feel like people are missing the point. Rodgers was on fire, his through to Richard Rodgers was one of the best throws I've ever seen. You don't think that guy was going to be denied. C'mon Ketch, that is almost like saying USC was going to stop Texas in the Rose Bowl. Dallas defense wasn't stopping Rodgers with 4 minutes on the clock.

Originally posted by El Che Guevara:

Originally posted by krzy4ut:
I dont thave a dog in the fight. I wont argue any of what you said regarding Dez's catch, steps and obvious stretch to the goal line. My understanding, what I keep hearing from those on TV, is that you can do all of that, BUT if you lose the ball after all of that when you hit the ground then it is not a catch.

PLEASE know that I DO NOT agree. I think that is asinine and wrong. Didnt agree with the Calvin Johnson play either.
If he catches the ball in the middle of the field, it's a catch. Horseshit.
Not really. Cowboys still had plenty of time to stop them anyways. If you can't hold a team on a 1st and 15 with the game on the line than you really don't deserve to win
whatever.

Originally posted by PushFade:
Ketch,

You just gave Brady the nod as the #2 QB of all time. Who do you crown as #1? Montana?

Joe Cool.

Better in the post-season than the regular season. Can't say that about Brady.

Aaron Rodgers is the true challenger to the throne.

Originally posted by capi911:
I mean, I was cheering for the Packers; however Dez's call didn't really matter (although I think it was a catch). I feel like people are missing the point. Rodgers was on fire, his through to Richard Rodgers was one of the best throws I've ever seen. You don't think that guy was going to be denied. C'mon Ketch, that is almost like saying USC was going to stop Texas in the Rose Bowl. Dallas defense wasn't stopping Rodgers with 4 minutes on the clock.
Maybe, we'll never find out.

Refs robbed Rodgers of a chance for an all-time moment.

Chris Carter on Mike & Mike said it wasn't a catch. He said Dez didn't make catch on first attempt (or would have been a catch because he took couple steps), then once he gained possession he was lunging and needed to complete the catch by maintaining possession. When the ball hit ground and bounced up, the play was incomplete.

Originally posted by PushFade:
Ketch,

Joe Cool.

Better in the post-season than the regular season. Can't say that about Brady.

Aaron Rodgers is the true challenger to the throne.
Are you being nostalgic? True, Joe has more memorable moments ("The Catch, Taylor vs Cincy), but their playoff stat lines are virtually identical.

Career playoff stats:
YearAgeTmPosGGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateSkYdsNY/AANY/ASk%4QCGWD
Montana 23 23 16-7 460 734 62.7 5772 45 6.1 21 2.9 76 7.9 7.8 12.5 251 95.6 0 0 7.86 7.80 0.0 5 Brady 27 27 19-8 623 1000 62.3 6791 46 4.6 23 2.3 73 6.8 6.7 10.9 252 88.0 16 120 6.56 6.45 1.6 5

The last stat wouldn't show correctly. Game Winning Drives: Montana - 5, Brady - 8

I could also argue Montana spent his career surrounded by better skill position players, including an entire career with the greatest WR of all time.

This post was edited on 1/12 9:30 AM by PushFade

Originally posted by dentonhorn:
Must have been the mood I was in but the Grand Budapest Hotel, I thought, was one of the worst I have sat through in years. Maybe I will watch again someday.
It won a Golden Globe last night. It's a unique movie for sure and if you're not in the right mood, you might not be down.
I liked it. Interesting, different-style movie with a cool story and strong acting.

Must have been the mood I was in but the Grand Budapest Hotel, I thought, was one of the worst I have sat through in years. Maybe I will watch again someday.
Thought it was terrible and I usually like weird movies.

Originally posted by Rookie97:
Chris Carter on Mike & Mike said it wasn't a catch. He said Dez didn't make catch on first attempt (or would have been a catch because he took couple steps), then once he gained possession he was lunging and needed to complete the catch by maintaining possession. When the ball hit ground and bounced up, the play was incomplete.
Cris Carter wouldn't know a big-time playoff catch if it slapped him in the face.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus:
Thought it was terrible and I usually like weird movies.
Might be my favorite Wes Anderson flick.

Cris Carter wouldn't know a big-time playoff catch if it slapped him in the face.
giphy.gif

No dog in this fight. Grew up in East Texas (about 2.5 hours east of Dallas) as Cowboys fan. Lived in Houston for 20 years, since my time at UT and have tried to become fan of Texans since my boys were born here and cheer for them. Chris Carter makes that catch in his time though.....just saying.

No dog in this fight. Grew up in East Texas (about 2.5 hours east of Dallas) as Cowboys fan. Lived in Houston for 20 years, since my time at UT and have tried to become fan of Texans since my boys were born here and cheer for them. Chris Carter makes that catch in his time though.....just saying.
Please feel free to show me the playoff catch in his prime that would prove this.

Posted by GS68

"No the worst call ever was the pickup of the pass interference call last week versus Detroit as the NFL said it was a wrong call.

Even though I disagree with the rule this call was per the rules and the NFL agrees it was correct .

The ball was moving the whole time he was moving forward.

Lions say its a bitch when you have to play by the rules1/11 11:18 PM | IP: Logged"

Definetely a terrible call. They completely missed Pettigrew grabbing Hitchen's facemask. I did say the Lions comments and they are not what you posted. The Lions sent out a tweet stating their condolences, due to their similar experience with Megatron.
This post was edited on 1/12 10:10 AM by teflojr

2nd SB or not, Thomas is well on his way to Canton. He's essentially an Ed Reed reboot and lord knows Reed is going to leisurely stroll into Canton.

Originally posted by ajruiz2:
Super Bowls:

Joe Montana - 4 - 0
Tom Brady - 3 - 2 (thus far)

Joe Cool
3dgrin.r191677.gif
So Super Bowl records land solely on the QB? Did Brady give up the catch to David Tyree and Manningham?

Originally posted by 5StarHorn:
Complain all you want about bad call or stupid rule. Not sure I would even disagree. How about the phantom personal foul on GB when they were inside the 10? Look, there were over 4 minutes left in the game and Dallas couldn't stop Rogers that second half regardless of how many legs he was hobbling on.

To say the better team didn't win is childish. As you like to say, "Be better."

Phantom call? Are you joking? Lang nailed Hayden in the back (clipping) after the whistle was blown (late hit). Pick one.

ADVERTISEMENT