ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Announcing some changes)

Didn't know TLC had 10 songs
Pretty strong run of more than a decade.

From Wikipedia:

Billboard magazine ranked TLC as one of the greatest musical trios.[3] Between 1990 and 2002, the group had ten Top 10 US singles, four of which went to number one; four multi-platinum albums; and won five Grammys.[4] At the end of 1999, TLC was ranked as the seventh most successful act of the 1990s by Billboard. In 2008, the group was inducted into the All Time Hot 100 Artist Hall of Fame by the same magazine, at 56th place. That year it was also listed as the #25 R&B/hip-hop artist of the preceding 25 years. [5]Worldwide they have sold more than 65 million records[6] and are ranked as the best-selling American female group of all time.[7] In 2012, TLC ranked 12th on VH1's 100 Greatest Women in Music, and as the number-one all-girl group.[8]

Great read. That Steph vid is just money with the music.

Reactions: TurfHorn
Well deserved move for McComas. During the mediocre run of the the hoops team past 5 seasons, McComas kept plugging away giving us good content even though there wasn't much encouraging to write about. He is a professional and always keeps it classy. Looking forward to his coverage of the next era of Longhorn Basketball.

Reactions: texasfubar
Just a thought, since your music list was TLC this week. Me and my friends were trying to think of the greatest all-girl groups in music history... and everyone we asked had.... TLC in the top 3, along with The Supremes, Destiny's Child. Crazy when you think about it. But there really aren't many all-girl groups. And TLC put out some great stuff.

So you're saying that by Week 3 Newsome and/or Burt will be starting? One of them or both?

Great read. That Steph vid is just money with the music.

I feel like you could do work with that. Like if the backboard said "College football Playoffs" and Sumlin was Curry.

Or something like that.

Reactions: ericg320
Like the TLC list. Good call.

Hate Waterfalls though. Creep, Red Light Special and Baby Baby Baby were the lick.

Appreciate everything you bring and do for the site, Ketch

So excited for the changes. Kudos

I have a feeling that Chip leaving has been the best thing for the site. While he was a great addition, it feels like the team is more cohesive and flexible now. Almost like you no longer have chip to satisfy and then everyone else. I realize you can never admit that, but I can sense it.

******* WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD ***********

******* LAST CHANCE TO TURN AWAY ***********

Before we get started this week, just a mini-complaint. As much as I’ve enjoyed this season, I’m surprised that we’re five episodes deep into the season and still haven’t really come across a jaw-dropping, must-talk-about scene on a Monday thus far.

Soon, right?

Grey Worm lived! Ser Barristan the Bold? Not so much. Oh man, Dany is beyond pissed. She’s now serving up the Sons of Harpy as lunch for her special needs dragons. The people of Meereen better hope Gray Worm makes it through with flying colors.

2. Ramsey is a total bastard. He’s replaced Joffrey as the No.1 dude on the show that must die in grotesque fashion. Theon has to achieve some measure of revenge along the way.

3. There aren’t a lot of logical deep thinkers in the Night’s Watch. It feels like Jon Snow is one of only a handful of working brains on the Wall.

4. Man, it feels like this season is on a slow boil, but when all hell breaks loose soon, madness will take over my screen.

5. Grey Worm and Missandei are officially an item.

6. Jorah is going to be pissed when he finds out that Dany is getting married… oh wait… he’s turning into stone!!!!

******* END OF SPOILERS ***********

2. You have no idea, and I doubt the show will have the balls to go through wihis most evil moment.

3. Samwell is the best thinker in the Night's Watch, in face he has one of the best logical and analytic minds of the whole series, he just lacks the courage to follow through or speak up.

4. You can always count on episode 9 every year.

My first post got deleted,

68, fraiser or cs, I really dont know why you do what you do what you do Geoff?

Most, if not all of the intelligent posters understand who you are?

Jason has already told the majority of us your BS game.

I dont know why you will delete this post like the rest but, even your own staff is getting sick of your BS games Geoff

I'm happy about most of your re-org plans.

However, Dustin's "Donny's Out of His Element" piece is one of my favorite things on the site. I hope that doesn't die, and it's not all about BB if it is.

I'm here for the football. But...I'm really excited about the SHAKA era and what he brings to the table.

Still, the Dude must abide and so must Dustin. Keep Donny alive!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

change of subject:
Kirkland was a perfect opponent for Canelo (or just about any top-rated fighter.) He does have heavy hands and brings KO cred to a fight.

He is also one of the easiest guys to KO of the top echelon fighters. THe kid has a button on his chin and if you hit it, he goes down like a marionette whose strings have been cut. His mgmt team deserves credit for making that fight.

And he should never fight w/o Anne Wolf again.

I dont know why you will delete this post like the rest but, even your own staff is getting sick of your BS games Geoff

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wears a tinfoil hat to bed.

I would suggest that the lack of interest from the majority of the subscriber base towards basketball has long played a huge part in that. We're taking a leap in hoping we can change that mentality if the program has success.
Smart timing is right, particularly if i am contemplating season tickets...

The basketball coverage on this site as well as the coverage of the Shaka hiring has been the best of all Longhorn sites by a good margin. I haven't ever been so interested in basketball recruiting but I am on board now and the devotion to that here has been right on time. Keep it coming fellas.

Just curious, but is there really nothing to report with baseball? Thats the least covered here
Baseball coverage is not one of the biggest priorities we have. McComas covers it better than anyone and the interest, even when the team is winning, is limited from the subscriber base.

So who's going to cover baseball?
McComas will still be involved because he has such strong connections and he's so good at it, but that arm of the site is a work in progress.

Bottom line: We might fly him in for the big series or the big events, but he's not going to be wasting his time on content that pushes the needle for less than 10-percent of the site.

Your first post was deleted because you were kind of being an jerk and I don't have any time or patience for your own BS games. Your second post convinced me that you don't have to go home, but you're not welcome here.

2. You have no idea, and I doubt the show will have the balls to go through wihis most evil moment.

3. Samwell is the best thinker in the Night's Watch, in face he has one of the best logical and analytic minds of the whole series, he just lacks the courage to follow through or speak up.

4. You can always count on episode 9 every year.
That outfit needs a few more Sams.

I would suggest that the lack of interest from the majority of the subscriber base towards basketball has long played a huge part in that. We're taking a leap in hoping we can change that mentality if the program has success.
I think all of these are positive steps, because if you're not willing to change and look to get better, others pass you by. We need look no further than the end of Mack's regime to see that. I also think kudos need to be given to Coach Strong for recognizing that his old, stale pro-style offense was harder to recruit too, and even harder to turn a program around with. I think this site sets the standard, and has for a while now, although change IS necessary, as there are other sites (247 comes to mind) who are willing to post earlier, edgier, sometimes unconfirmed stuff, but it does draw the viewers eye, somewhat. I realize why Orangebloods doesn't seek the sensational, but I think the changes you're making are solid, well thought out, and will lead to even better days ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT