ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Breaking down Junior Day)

Kanye loves himself some Kanye

1378573_10103627147903422_2262221186058333257_n.jpg

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by jttexas05:
-We didn't know any better, but getting 10+ commitments on a single day in February was never a great idea.

-LOL, Mack.
Some of us did and were shouted down.
I honestly don't remember any mod saying that when it seemed things were going really well (i.e. 2010 Junior Day, 13 commitments).

I must've missed it.

The marquee programs under Strong and Barnes have to be setting some kind of record for worst performance in a year. At least the women may sneak into the tourney. Nowhere to go but up in this era of underachievement.

Originally posted by JWHD:
Thanks Ketch. Gotta say, I miss the "Pop goes the culture" section...

just sayin'

Just never seemed to be very popular.

-We didn't know any better, but getting 10+ commitments on a single day in February was never a great idea.

-LOL, Mack.
Some of us did and were shouted down.
I honestly don't remember any mod saying that when it seemed things were going really well (i.e. 2010 Junior Day, 13 commitments).

I must've missed it.
I was always on ther side of restraint and only accepting early commitsd from elite prospects.

I was constantly an advocate for offering many of the early offers as late as possible... like the day before signing day.

Originally posted by styrbjorn:

Originally posted by Matty079:
Originally posted by HuffTex:

Were Jevan Snead and Colt McCoy a part of 2 different classes? I'm guessing Colt redshirted, and then Jevan came in, otherwise they would probably be the best 2 QB class since Simms and Hall...I guess you're correct...if my memory serves me, McCoy did arrive a year ahead of Snead.
Colt was part of the super small, but super talented class of'05, but redshirted...Snead in 06
05 class
Colt, Jammal, Melton, Jermichael, Roy Miller, Quan, Muckelroy....class size was only 15
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Correct - Colt was our backup plan for Perriloux, and the class stayed small because we also lost out on Rouse and Martellus Bennett down the stretch. That was my first year on OB - what a way to start an addiction!
There will never be another Ryan Perrilloux.
With this crazy ass class that just signed I'm very surprised to see you write that.

It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of Mack's junior day commitments and how many actually turned out to be plus players. I'd imagine it's not a terribly distinguished list.

Mack is the John Boehner/John McCain of the coaching world. Guess he forgot Briles likely cost him the chance to play for and probably win another MNC in 08'.

Originally posted by JWHD:
Thanks Ketch. Gotta say, I miss the "Pop goes the culture" section...

just sayin'

Just never seemed to be very popular.
For very good reason. Please don't encourage this. The American pop culture is thoroughly disgusting and utterly depraved in most of its forms currently.

-LOL, Mack.
Lol did he really say that?

Originally posted by UT Horn:

Originally posted by styrbjorn:

Originally posted by Matty079:
Originally posted by HuffTex:

Were Jevan Snead and Colt McCoy a part of 2 different classes? I'm guessing Colt redshirted, and then Jevan came in, otherwise they would probably be the best 2 QB class since Simms and Hall...I guess you're correct...if my memory serves me, McCoy did arrive a year ahead of Snead.
Colt was part of the super small, but super talented class of'05, but redshirted...Snead in 06
05 class
Colt, Jammal, Melton, Jermichael, Roy Miller, Quan, Muckelroy....class size was only 15
Correct - Colt was our backup plan for Perriloux, and the class stayed small because we also lost out on Rouse and Martellus Bennett down the stretch. That was my first year on OB - what a way to start an addiction!
There will never be another Ryan Perrilloux.
With this crazy ass class that just signed I'm very surprised to see you write that.
No single prospect came within a 10-mile radius of Ryan.

His recruitment was what really put Orangebloods over the top as a site.

Originally posted by LARC:
It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of Mack's junior day commitments and how many actually turned out to be plus players. I'd imagine it's not a terribly distinguished list.
I'll see what I can do.

Originally posted by rgvhorn 89:
Originally posted by LonghornDoc:

SIAP but what did mike florio do?
Not positive Ketch is referring to this, but I believe he is one of the guys talking up the existence of the Dez Bryant video, as well as how bad it really is.
without any evidence other than he's heard from others that have heard from others that have heard....
Adam Shefter said the same this morning...was on Mike & Mike, asked about the Dez issues, & Shefter said he spent too much time trying to get info on a possible video from an incident that may have occurred 4 years ago..just too many people hearing things & not any proof

Originally posted by NATGUARD:

Originally posted by rgvhorn 89:
Originally posted by LonghornDoc:

SIAP but what did mike florio do?
Not positive Ketch is referring to this, but I believe he is one of the guys talking up the existence of the Dez Bryant video, as well as how bad it really is.
without any evidence other than he's heard from others that have heard from others that have heard....
Adam Shefter said the same this morning...was on Mike & Mike, asked about the Dez issues, & Shefter said he spent too much time trying to get info on a possible video from an incident that may have occurred 4 years ago..just too many people hearing things & not any proof
He's spent six months chasing a ghost. What should that tell him?

As a journalist, you don't report things you can't prove and loosely releasing scuttlebutt is incredibly dangerous. Dez is no saint, not by any stretch, but that is beside the bigger point here.

Originally posted by LARC:
I'll see what I can do.
I've noted multiple times over the last several years that our "miss rate" for classes started with precisely the same class that was the first ('06) built largely 10-12 months prior to signing day. Here are some respective Feb. commits.:

'06 - Burnette, Webber, Earnest, Mitchell, Moore
'07 - C. Brown, Hix, Huey, McGaskey, K. Robinson, A. Jones, Thomas, Wells, Fozzy,
'08 - E. Acho, Buchanan, Buckner, Fitzhenry, A. Hicks, J. Hills, Monroe, Newton, Poehlmann, K. Randall, R. Roberson, Snow, Tucker, Williams.
'09 - Ashcraft, Barnett, M. Davis, Gilbert, D. Jones, P. Kelley, Kriegel, Porter, Timmons, Vaccaro, Whaley.
'10 - Benson, Bible, Byndom, Cotton, Daniels, Espinosa, Harris, Hopkins, B. Jackson, T. Jackson, C. Jones, Case, Phillips, Shead, Terrell, Wood.

Briles: "Thanks for the help getting the new stadium built, we couldn't have done it without you, Mack! Oh, and thanks for not ever recruiting TWO DEEP so we could build our program from your recruiting misses! Sucka!"

B_CnBF_VIAA0uBp.jpg

Mack: "Art, now Sally instructed me long ago to never take a photo where she couldn't see my hands and I'm telling you this right now because it looks like you're playing grabass."

B_CnBF_VIAA0uBp.jpg

Wow, not only do you leave out Lost Cause, but no one else even mentions it? I guess it must be just me, but I thought that was his best song.

Kanye West's life will most likely be characterized by apologies.

Photo caption:

Briles: (in a whispered voice) What did you promise the McCoy's anyway?

Brown: (in a whispered voice) Honest to God, I thought it was the right thing to do because I thought I'd never have to play Case.

I think you ought to stick to football related topics. No one's much interested in your movie and song reviews and other topics you add to fill up space.

Originally posted by 8787:
I think you ought to stick to football related topics. No one's much interested in your movie and song reviews and other topics you add to fill up space.
Cracks me up that you used your second post in nearly 180 months to get that off your chest.

Anything else? The floor is yours. You've been here long enough to warrant a good rant.

It's an understandable error given your dome status, but it's actually wash, rinse, and repeat.

Originally posted by BuckyBevo:
Ketch, do you classify yourself as a journalist?
Of course. My college major. Critical component of what we do.

Originally posted by CS:
It's an understandable error given your dome status, but it's actually wash, rinse, and repeat.
You clearly have forgotten which website you are on.

Ketch -

They don't really ever start walking...they literally go from being able to stand on their own to running full speed VERY quickly...and btw Haven sounds like she may be a climber...be prepared
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by cordpetee:
Ketch -

They don't really ever start walking...they literally go from being able to stand on their own to running full speed VERY quickly...and btw Haven sounds like she may be a climber...be prepared
wink.r191677.gif
The chaos from both being in walkers and zooming all over the house is funny and terrifying at the same time.

Ketch you said , " Entering Strong's second season in Austin, the coaching staff clearly has a better handle on the strategy it wants to apply in the early stages of the 2016 recruiting year." I don't think that's fair if you're regarding it to Mack Brown. Mack knew his strategy. Now I think Charlie's plan is better than Mack's , but that's not what you said. If you are comparing it to last year then I think you're right. Although , I'm sure they had a plan last year just not enough time/comfort.

ADVERTISEMENT