ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend

Just finished Game of Thrones. I pretty much want to fight right now. Need some time to clear my head.

Ketch....who's twitter account is that (dae). No way in hell would I let my daughter wear something like that to prom. Very sad.

Just finished Game of Thrones. I pretty much want to fight right now. Need some time to clear my head.

Sansa and Theon need to have a flaying party. And then Sansa should use her new skills on Littlefinger. He knew this was coming.

(I foresee people making excuses for Baelish. I don't buy it)

So many people are surprised about Houston, Hermann is a great at recruiter. Let's see how he is as a head coach. Obviously Strong is a great developer of talent, but Mack left him to earn his keep. I like more competition in Texas, it will make us look all over the nation for talent. Plus, Houston is in an ATM hotbed, let them work for recruits. Texas will get is recruits, but obviously it's going to get tougher. Mack got one NC with all the talent he got for 12 plus years, now we have to pay that price. After 2005 he should have boomed, look at Alabama, but he didn't. Let's see what the future brings. The days of the easy recruiting are over for now, letting the recruiting wars begin.

Saw Bonnie Raitt tonight on the beach singing at a Blues Festival in OC. She sang a few of BB's songs and her keyboardist that has an amazing history himself sang a BB King song as well. Bonnie Raitt is amazing
and I had not heard her sing live and she is way better than any else at the festival including a few other famous folks. Great weekend to see and hear all the tributes to him.

Hard to believe these were the last Triple Crown-winners.

steve.jpg

I wonder when will be the next time a jockey wins "Sportsman of the Year".

George has so many hits it's almost impossible to come up with a top ten. He is the man. As for that prom deal, who designed the boys suit too? Hideous.

I like the theory on the QBs. Swoopes and Heard have more athletic talent than Colt but I don't know if either have the gravitas to step up and lead this team like Colt did that summer of 2006. I don't recall ever seeing Colt being begged to get his head up and lead this team by his head coach on national TV like Strong did with Swoopes those last 3 games.

You're right, he has all the physical tools. But the mental side, the courage and determination to lead, even when he falls? I haven't seen it in Swoopes at least thus far. If one of the two do what you say they must, then we'll all rejoice. But if those particular tools are missing, it may not matter how much athletic talent either of them have. We may be in for another very long season.

Hope I'm wrong.

Hook'em!

The QB take to 2006 has some similarity to 2015, but the most likely scenario is that we know what Swoopes has and it's not good enough. Give heard a chance. In 2006 we had no idea what McCoy could do. We had a full year of Swoopes.

Reactions: bigG78
Ketch - you didn't answer the buy or sell I posted in the appropriate thread - Heard is the clear #1 QB headed into 2016.

Is that a question you don't want to answer?

It's all about confidence. Once either heard or swoops (I'm hoping heard) finds there confidence in there game the rest of the team will also get the same confidence to led by the leader. If im heard I'm coming back to summer camp with a bit of swagger. Sure they were dead even when you look at the seeping game but 2 weeks before heard seemed to be light years away from swoops and in just 2 short weeks he even the playing field. Do I even need to mention that he is only a red shirt freshman? So he made the usual red shirt mistakes in the game. same hat colt made. my guess is with every 2 weeks that goes by from the start of summer camp heard separates the gap in his favor

I like the theory on the QBs. Swoopes and Heard have more athletic talent than Colt but I don't know if either have the gravitas to step up and lead this team like Colt did that summer of 2006. I don't recall ever seeing Colt being begged to get his head up and lead this team by his head coach on national TV like Strong did with Swoopes those last 3 games.

Hook'em!

One key element that McCoy had, that neither Swoopes or Heard have, is the benefit of is having a football coach for a dad. Colt had years of training on reading defenses and how to lead a team.

Colt also had the huge benefit of some tremendous playmakers at receiver. Colt had a noticably weak arm until the end of his career, and Cosby, Shipley, and Charles delivered YAC that turned short dinks into sizable gains. In 2007, Finley turned 2 end zone INTs into TDs by pulling misfires out of the hands of DBs (Baylor, ISU).

In contrast in the spring game, WRs failed to bring down 2 TDs Swoopes hit them in the hands with, and dropped another long completion that would've been in scoring position. And, there's no Jermichael Finley at TE to turn INTs into TDs.

Reactions: bigG78 and Derell08
I think Ocean Front Property is in the running for one of the best written CW songs of all time. And, I'm mildly disappointed that two of my favorite GS songs didn't make the list - I Can Still Make Cheyenne and Nobody in His Right Mind Would Have Left Her. Otherwise, a great list.

Reactions: fryguy89
One key element that McCoy had, that neither Swoopes or Heard have, is the benefit of is having a football coach for a dad. Colt had years of training on reading defenses and how to lead a team.

Colt also had the huge benefit of some tremendous playmakers at receiver. Colt had a noticably weak arm until the end of his career, and Cosby, Shipley, and Charles delivered YAC that turned short dinks into sizable gains. In 2007, Finley turned 2 end zone INTs into TDs by pulling misfires out of the hands of DBs (Baylor, ISU).

In contrast in the spring game, WRs failed to bring down 2 TDs Swoopes hit them in the hands with, and dropped another long completion that would've been in scoring position. And, there's no Jermichael Finley at TE to turn INTs into TDs.

Agreed 100%. On a positive note we are definitely recruiting the TEs we need to have that versatility again. I really like what deandre McNeal brings to the table and the other guy who we are still trying to get qualified. Wonder what's the scoop on him as of now. It's getting down to the nitty gritty

BUY or SELL: Chris Warren has more yards than any other backup RB next season?

(Buy) And Kirk Johnson, too.

Maybe I don't understand the question, but it seems like the question can only have one answer. You have two.

Who has more yards next year Warren or Johnson?
My bad. I was reading the question as he'd have more than any of the current players. I think Johnson outrushes Warren Just a hunch.

My bad. I was reading the question as he'd have more than any of the current players. I think Johnson outrushes Warren Just a hunch.

I do think warren will be a way better back then foreman so will Kirk but don't sleep him. Every opportunity this guy has had he has taken full advantage of them. So far no negative plays

Not denying that at all. But MM is much closer to PBF than Chocolalito who is getting guys out. Obviously GSP and PBF were hand in hand in dominating but never finishing, but MM (or Aldo) has replaced him.

Guys fight Roman and they not only aren't seeing the bell....they aren't even getting into shouting distance of it.
Ok, I only meant...

a. Both guys are small.
b. Both guys are dominant.
c. Both guys are must-watch.

Does FW ever cross your mind is the greatest song ever. In the history of man.

Also Mods, I'd love to know the real deal with Oliver. CS isn't stupid and he is a no brainer offer. What's the baggage?
Why does it have to be baggage? He's not the only big-time in-state DT that's not getting mad love from the staff. It could be any number of things, not sure it's fair to say the kid has baggage because Strong isn't all-in on him. It could be they prefer a different type of player or simply view him as a waste of time.

Your comment re Durant is beyond amazing

I followed his recruiting from his Sophmore year in HS and gave continuous reports to all of my friends

He and TJ elevated Texas basketball to the next level above BMW and Shaka will take the Horns to the Mecca
It's amazing and yet it's the truth. Not saying KD wasn't a huge deal, not at all, but it wasn't a story that sold subscriptions, which is amazing when you think about it. If I'm not mistaken, the story that replaced it and helped sell four subscriptions was Robert Killebrew related.

ADVERTISEMENT