ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend

I didn't say he was the story but I believe you will be proven wrong in the long term recruiting story of U of H!
Say what you're wanting to say. Step out on that prediction limb.

Your baseball effort is Ryan Howard....Ryan Howard?? Really?????

You've got the Astros with the 2nd best record in baseball and standing toe to toe with Deteoit in Detroit? Lance McCullers (Rookie drafted in same
2012-Draft as Correa) was sensational and the Astros have more chess pieces to play later as well. On top of that the Rangers are playing excellent baseball and scoring runs like a football team?? #C'MonMan

JJ Watt.... anything about that guy is not enough Information...dig a little a deeper. Keep it coming JJ!!!

Love the Marcus Wilkins tweet. Grew up with and played together in high school. Was surprised when he got offered, but a great guy that took advantage of the opportunity to be a horn!

The number of 2 and 3*s in the next 15 list should give recruiting buffs pause.
BY and large, the best players on the list were highly recruited. The two- and three-star production isn't all that good. The entire state was fairly week, highly rated and lowly rated kids.

Joeckel has been a bigtime disappointment in Jville. He has struggled during pass protection which was thought of his strength coming out of aTm. I didn't see a LT and I just didn't see what all the experts did with Joeckel but I still saw a guy that would play 10-years at RT. Right now I think he's looking at his 2nd contract being a big letdown and I wouldn't be shocked if Jville let him walk but we shall see if he can snap out of it and become just an average OT cause right now he's below average.

Jake Matthews also struggled last year but many experts including myself still see a guy who will be a solid LT in the NFL. I think Jake settles in this year and possibly becomes a pro bowl player if not this year but in 2016.
Joeckel was a bad-ass college player, but sometimes those college bad ass players struggle when they face an entirely new level of bad ass. He's also battled injuries.

Reactions: UT_TheUniversity
It's not gonna happen soon enough, but Melissandre the Red Witch/bitch needs to die more gruesomely than anyone not named Bolton.

Littlefinger is fascinating, but he's responsible for most of the horrors being carried out. May dragon fire take him in the end.

Oh no no no. B.B.'s #1 track is "Sweet Little Angel " from Live at the Regal.

Two songs that should be in the top ten if not #2 and 3 are Hummingbird and Night life. The singing and guitar playing in those two songs are just incredible.

I hate Ramsay more than any other character in GoT.

Your new rankings would have been better if you included where who they got drafted by in the NFL

GOT SPOILER: Enjoy Cersie's demise while you can. If the plot stays with the book, all good things must end. To me, the best episode of the season. If Ransey gets his due, it will be a departure from the book. He is a serious sociopath. I would not want to be Sansa THAT evening. I like the Sand Snakes weapons! Unless I missed it, Bronn got an anecdote, so he should be back. But the poison is a hint as to what their dad did to the Mountain. Remains to be seen what the quacks do to bring him back to life.

Congrats Augie et al. I understand the frustration of the regular season, but if there were betting odds in Vegas that the Hornz would do what they did, it would have been about 80 to 1.

Congrats to UT grads this weekend. Sad that the Saturday night festivities were canceled, but there is no such thing as a damper when getting a UT degree. As a Texas Ex, I welcome you to the fold. The smiles on the faces of the grads as they received their degrees said it all. Now, go change the world!

I got a couple of thanks from folks for being a Vet this weekend. Appreciate it, but Memorial Day weekend to me is about celebrating those vets who are no longer with us, such as my Dad and my Father-in-Law. Thanks to them!

Hook 'em!!!

Reactions: cheerio2061
How has the staff responded with all the commitments to other schools? Why is everyone so negative about this year already? I believe Texas will be a 9-3 team this year.

How has the staff responded with all the commitments to other schools? Why is everyone so negative about this year already? I believe Texas will be a 9-3 team this year.

We just don't have the talent right now. If we could have the same defense we had last year, I'd say it would be possible, but Strong is going to have trouble getting 7 or 8 wins out of this team. Ketch just told us it would take a Big 12 Coach of the Year type coaching job to get to 8 wins. If we have similar results as last year (considering this team will have a lot less talent this year) and get blown out pretty much every other game, we will be in deep sh*t and I'm afraid we would just be delaying the inevitable.

Strong absolutely has to provide a foundation that we can sell to recruits. That means not getting blown out in half our games and making serious progress at the end of the year similar to Arky last year. He has to get bowl eligible and notch a post season win. Otherwise, the hole will have been dug too deep.

BUY or SELL: Ramsay gets justice?

(Sell) I’m not sure there’s enough justice in the world for Game of Thrones’ most hated remaining character, but he’s expendable with Roose Bolton set to have another boy. Unless Ramsay kills the baby (not out of the realm of possibilities), I think Roose will eventually betray his own son. I cannot decide how I want Ramsey taken out, but I’m kind of hoping that Brienne of Tarth takes his head off.

Prediction:
He escapes the battle against Stannis (him and his dad’s army lose, but he gets away), and he gets moving down south through the forests, and then he runs into Arya warged into Nymeria with her pack of wolves and they rip him to shreds.

Joeckel was a bad-ass college player, but sometimes those college bad ass players struggle when they face an entirely new level of bad ass. He's also battled injuries.

Agree 100% on Joeckel in college. Dude was a good player but like I told LanceZ back then, Manziel style of play made it easy for Joeckel to pass protect which created a little bit of a facade on his skillset.

I know about those injuries but if you even ask the people in Florida who cover Jacksonville, they will echo what I said. He's been a bit of a disappointment with his play even with some injuries. He's never ever played or looked good in practice and/or games. That's what has the people covering the Jags so worried is he's never looked the part and when he struggles, it can be embarrassing like struggles.

******* WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD ***********

******* LAST CHANCE TO TURN AWAY ***********

RAMSEY MUST PAY! RAMSEY MUST PAY! RAMSEY MUST PAY! RAMSEY MUST PAY!

a. Crap, Bronn is going to die because of that cut. Damn, damn, damn... they wouldn't show that on the rewind unless it was going to end up mattering. RIP, Bronn.

b. Sam better hope Jon never dies and pulls this stunt off with the Wildlings because the rest of the boys on the wall are going to go after him like it's Lord of the Flies if they get a chance.

c. Good grief, Sansa looks lioke she's spent a week with Greg Hardy. She wants no part of this game after this honeymoon at home.

d. Damn, goodbye sweet Targaryen. This world needed more men like you.

e. Winter is no longer coming, it has arrived. Is this going to be Stannis' Waterloo?

f. Sansa knows how to get under Ramsay's skin. Just play the bastard card.

g. Damn, Theon, damn.

h. If this episode ends with Stannis' daughter burning in flames, I'm going to need a hug.

i. Sam can't fight, but he is a gangster. Rumble Johnson didn't have that much fight in him this weekend. He was about to handle some business before Ghost came in. On the other hand, Ghost is a hell of a final friend to have on your side. Who wants some?

j. SAM AND GILLY GOT BUSY!

OH MY!

k. Tyrion kicked that dude's ass. This has the makings of an all-time episode.

l. Now Dany is having sex! Man, everyone is getting some tonight.

m. One person not getting laid in this episode is Tommen. Hope he enjoyed it while it lasted.

n. OK, the Sand Snakes storyline just went up 10-fold in my book. Time to search the Internet when this episode concludes.

o. The winner of the Gladiator Games will see the Queen? Oh, hell. Jorah is about to let it all hang out.

p. Oh, &^%$ just got real. Tyrion, Jorah and Dany all together in Mereen.

q. You could see this Cersei situatiomn unfolding a mile away. What happens to her has already been revealed earlier in this season if you were paying attention... at least that's what I think. I don't know.

******* END OF SPOILERS ***********

a. I think they probably use the antidote to get Bronn to help them, then Bronn later gets killed by Areo Hotah's axe.

b. I think Sam leaves for Oldtown with Gilly to become a maester now that Aemon is dead.

e. Don't underestimate Stannis the Mannis

f. That's the last thing she should be doing, and the opposite of what Littlefinger told her to do, makes it seem like she's gotten 0 character growth since season 2.

g. He was already weak, all the torture has made him super fearful

h. I think his wife, Selyse, conspiracy with Melisandre to either get this done or attempt it

l. She's been having sex since last season.

n. That was a pleasant surprise.

Cougar High is no more than a 3 year stop for Herman at best. He is going to do well there and have them at top of the AAC, but he will be somewhere bigger before long and in a power5 conference.

You had better hope you are correct....and I think you are.

I thought coaches were touting 3 yr deals to players last year saying that they could weed out the weak and unmotivated because they had 3 years. Now it's 2 years?

One can hope that Charlie knows he can't give Watson the full season to screw around. He needs points early in the season and cannot start out with a blowout loss to ND.

Two songs that should be in the top ten if not #2 and 3 are Hummingbird and Night life. The singing and guitar playing in those two songs are just incredible.

I hate Ramsay more than any other character in GoT.

Your new rankings would have been better if you included where who they got drafted by in the NFL
a. Lot of songs could have made the list. Hard list to put together.

b. Agreed.

c. I'll add them.

a. By offering more guys.

b. 9-3?????

Prediction:
He escapes the battle against Stannis (him and his dad’s army lose, but he gets away), and he gets moving down south through the forests, and then he runs into Arya warged into Nymeria with her pack of wolves and they rip him to shreds.
I want Brienne to take his head. She's 0 for 2 protecting the people she's dedicated to protect. I want her to ht .333

Exactly, Ketch... Your expectations have now been sufficiently, and appropriately, lowered... Liverpool are to EPL football what Blackberry is to smartphones...
cold-blooded-o.gif

Two things.

1) A 3-seed at the DBU regional would be primo.

2) KD's momma isn't happy. She's not happy at all.

Oh, a third thing, too.

3) My dad has read all the GOT books and it's killing me not to ask him about the fate of Ramsey.

ADVERTISEMENT