ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend

For the record , Mitch Morris played for St. Michael's not St. Stephens and just had his number retired (#75) by the school.

Two things.

1) A 3-seed at the DBU regional would be primo.

2) KD's momma isn't happy. She's not happy at all.

Oh, a third thing, too.

3) My dad has read all the GOT books and it's killing me not to ask him about the fate of Ramsey.
1) totally agree.

2) She'll get over it. JUst a little prescription weed. Better that than vodka.

3) I kind of know what happens to Cersei, but I have no idea with Ramsay. I'm with you.

You don't really believe he would stay, do you?

I'm more about chances and probabilities than flat out proclamations. In this case, I'd say the odds are very, very low (0.5%, maybe?) that Herman would stay at UH long term. My only point was about the possibilities should UH ever get their act together and attain Power 5 status. They have come a long ways, but they also still have a long ways to go. It would be a very bad thing for both Texas and AM....especially if by some miracle they ever got into the SEC. You put a great recruiter in Houston and watch what happens.

I'm more about chances and probabilities than flat out proclamations. In this case, I'd say the odds are very, very low (0.5%, maybe?) that Herman would stay at UH long term. My only point was about the possibilities should UH ever get their act together and attain Power 5 status. They have come a long ways, but they also still have a long ways to go. It would be a very bad thing for both Texas and AM....especially if by some miracle they ever got into the SEC. You put a great recruiter in Houston and watch what happens.
Which power conference do you have in mind? I think it might be lower than 0.5%.;)

Good stuff, Ketch. Enjoyed it.

I believe the players we lost on D are replaceable from a performance perspective except for MB, but Ridgeway is excellent as well.

“If he doesn’t sing anything I know, I probably won’t like this,” she confessed.

Yeah, the date was pretty much over at that exact moment.

Sometimes we get lucky and stumble upon life truths at a young age. Count your blessings.

Which power conference do you have in mind? I think it might be lower than 0.5%.;)

None. They talk about the Big12, but I just don't see it as long as Texas is in the Big12. Were I in their shoes, I'd focus on the PAC in the long term. I'd try to play the central time zone card and a presence in the the largest market in Texas...both for TV and recruiting. Also, the PAC is already an urban league with programs in Phoenix, LA, San Fran, and Seattle. Seems like a possible match if Houston can build its fan base.

Last edited:
Outside the 3 Ag OL 2010 wasn't much to brag about. Maybe Charlie should stick to recruiting Florida.
Agreed. Charlie may need Bring top notch Floridians into "The University" to build the reputation of a great coach so that he can recruit Texas.

I agree that either Watson or Wickline will be gone after this season, my money is on Watson but Wickline could be scapegoat. if I recall ESPN ranked UT football recruiting in the #10. I love me some Ketch but this is coming from the same group who was very pessimistic that Stong and company would pull out a good recruiting class and this occurred even with a losing season. I'm no Watson fan, and I believe the offense will struggle, but I still think Strong will surprise people this year

who is replacing them?
Except for DT Brown, I just think we will soon develop better "playmakers" than those that departed. Which other ones were the unreplaceable playmakers?

I love me some Ketch but this is coming from the same group who was very pessimistic that Stong and company would pull out a good recruiting class and this occurred even with a losing season.
I projected a national top 8-12 class all year long and never once budged. It's coming from the group that correctly projected the national landing spot perfectly.

However, as you said they've only had one year to fix the sh!t sandwich they were dealt last year. Nobody could digest that in 1 year
I think there are expectations that if you're the best in the country at something, some immediate chicken salad can be made from that sandwich.

Except for DT Brown, I just think we will soon develop better "playmakers" than those that departed. Which other ones were the unreplaceable playmakers?
None of the departing seniors have been properly replaced just yet. I didn't say unreplaceable.

Reactions: TexSoul
I think there are expectations that if you're the best in the country at something, some immediate chicken salad can be made from that sandwich.

Yeah, it's not unreasonable to think last year was an OL bottom and that the group will show improvement this year.

So what would Hager have to do to be in the top 10 of one of the shittiest years in state history? Win the Butkis? He was a very good player. He had some limitations but he was better than a LOT of the guys you have ranked ahead of him. He made plays.

8 wins with this schedule, loss of D talent, black hole of an OL and the QB situation would mean we have an absolutely elite coaching staff. We will limp into October playing young kids and some below average players against a brutal early schedule. Then the schedule lets up and our young kids should start flashing some great things. We should finish the year much better than we start it. That will be our momentum for recruiting - we play young players and we are getting better.

I disagree with those critiquing Wickline. Anybody who is, just does not understand what it takes to have a decent OL and how far away we are from having anything close to decent. We are starting 3rd team DTs for the love of God!! Please stop being frustrated with the last 5 years of Mack and give Wick 3-4 years and things will be much better. We literally had the worst OL in the Big 12 last year and no coach in the universe would have changed that. He turned Doyle into a decent center in a short amount of time. Take all the "this should never happen at Texas" rhetoric and tweet it to Mack. OL disasters of this proportion don't just get "fixed fast."

Reactions: TexSoul
So what would Hager have to do to be in the top 10 of one of the shittiest years in state history? Win the Butkis? He was a very good player. He had some limitations but he was better than a LOT of the guys you have ranked ahead of him. He made plays.

8 wins with this schedule, loss of D talent, black hole of an OL and the QB situation would mean we have an absolutely elite coaching staff. We will limp into October playing young kids and some below average players against a brutal early schedule. Then the schedule lets up and our young kids should start flashing some great things. We should finish the year much better than we start it. That will be our momentum for recruiting - we play young players and we are getting better.

I disagree with those critiquing Wickline. Anybody who is, just does not understand what it takes to have a decent OL and how far away we are from having anything close to decent. We are starting 3rd team DTs for the love of God!! Please stop being frustrated with the last 5 years of Mack and give Wick 3-4 years and things will be much better. We literally had the worst OL in the Big 12 last year and no coach in the universe would have changed that. He turned Doyle into a decent center in a short amount of time. Take all the "this should never happen at Texas" rhetoric and tweet it to Mack. OL disasters of this proportion don't just get "fixed fast."
Hager was a very good player and honestly once you get to the back end of the top 10, you can rate the order of the list in just about a million different ways. If you want to argue he's better than a lot of the guys 10-23, I won't fight you too much.

You need to be spot on about the team at the end of the season. Critical component of things,

Very much appreciate the 2010 recruiting review.

Well done sir.

Put me down as being tickled pink we weren't in on the Lache Seastunk recruiting circus - that kid and his Uncle whored it up big time.

Reactions: I Hear Voices
ADVERTISEMENT