ADVERTISEMENT

KS 4th on overpaid coaches list

"Kevin Sumlin is hurt more by the amount he's being paid than his actual results here..."

No one has claimed or said anything about being satisfied or happy with the last 2 years results. First sentence in the assessment is the most accurate. A Heisman, beating #1, #3 and #7 ranked teams are actual results but fall short of where A&M is expecting to go. But it's an "Incomplete" until he either delivers or not this year and next.

I do recall all Longhorns and many media "gurus" GUARANTEEING a perpetual last place A&M position in the SEC and they got b!tch-slapped in the nuts watching A&M become the hottest team in the entire college football world right out the gate. Again, there isn't a single Aggie, or Aggie Coach, content with the overall results. That's why the best Defensive Coordinator in the business was brought in and other coaching moves too. Mack Brown started 9-3, 9-5, 9-3 and had similar question marks about his ability. The next 8 years were his best. So while I understand that Longhorn fans reach for any excuse to knock A&M it looks pretty silly in context.

Let's enjoy this year and bring this thread back up in January. I'm willing to wager that your coach is going to make the Top of the list this time next year.

So much stupidity in the above post I don't even know where to begin. My goodness the delusion is strong.

Yeah, you would know about "strong" delusion. So please enlighten everyone which of the above stated facts make you such a head case?

BTW - Will be watching the spring game today. I set the O/U on Zone Reads at 10 and am taking the over. Keep it simple and don't expose your QB woes to additional scrutiny.

"I do recall all Longhorns and many media "gurus" GUARANTEEING a perpetual last place A&M position in the SEC and they got b!tch-slapped in the nuts watching A&M become the hottest team in the entire college football world right out the gate."

roll.r191677.gif
Hang that in your nonexistent trophy case. Congrats on "being the hottest team in the entire college football world", even though that's clearly false. Nobody cares about A&M ever since Manziel left. But hey, bravo on having a polarizing football player that has a drug problem.

"That's why the best Defensive Coordinator in the business was brought in and other coaching moves too."

roll.r191677.gif
Oh yes, the best defensive coordinator in the business. My goodness your delusion is strong. In what world do you think "3rd and Chavis" is a better coordinator than Muschamp, Smart, or Venables?

"Mack Brown started 9-3, 9-5, 9-3 and had similar question marks about his ability."

11-2, 9-4, to 8-5. See the difference? The fact that you are comparing Sumlin to Mack is laughable. Sumlin can't hold Mack's jockstrap. I've seen everything now. Just like all your other coaches you will hype them until it's obvious they suck ass like your entire history.

"Let's enjoy this year and bring this thread back up in January. I'm willing to wager that your coach is going to make the Top of the list this time next year."

Standard aggy. Here's an idea, shut your mouth until A&M actually accomplishes anything and I mean anything. All your empty rhetoric is cute, but your trophy case is still empty. We hear the same thing every year and the bottom line is you have nothing to show for your talk. All this "Sumlin might be Mack", "we have the best defensive coordinator", "we are the hottest team in college football", means absolutely nothing. Win something.

This post was edited on 4/18 12:30 PM by utisdabomb12

Anyone who doesn't think A&M was the hottest media team in the country in 2012 is just flat out lying. "Must See TV" from Gruden, Pete Carrol and most ESPN analysts.

Hey Uterisdabomb - Turn over to the Notre Dame Spring game on right now and pucker. They are going in dry.
roll.r191677.gif

"anyone who doesn't think A&M was the hottest media team in the country in 2012 is just flat out lying. "Must See TV" from Gruden, Pete Carrol and most ESPN analysts."

Congrats on having a polarizing football player for two years, I guess that's the highlight of being an aggy. Hang that in your trophy case. Nobody gives a damn about aggy since Manziel left.

Originally posted by TexasSizedFun:
Anyone who doesn't think A&M was the hottest media team in the country in 2012 is just flat out lying. "Must See TV" from Gruden, Pete Carrol and most ESPN analysts.
That's lovely. Which BCS bowl did y'all play in that year again?

"That's lovely. Which BCS bowl did y'all play in that year again?"

They won an aggy national title, a Cotton Bowl.

In texas we have several expressions for that.

The first one that comes to mind is, "big hat no cattle."

There's also another undeniable fact. In 2012, Justin beiber was without a doubt the biggest media sensation in the country: amongst pre-teen girls.

I see the similarities.

clob it's "all hat -no cattle" For Pete's sake if you're going to try to bring some attempted smack then at least learn your sayings!

This aggy is pretty dumb, only an idiot wouldn't know the saying "big hat, no cattle". We should revoke your Texan rights, dumbass aggy.

This post was edited on 4/18 1:02 PM by utisdabomb12

Only a hair-lipped hippie fool would say John Wayne's "All Hat - No Cattle" wasn't the established and recognized vernacular.

You just live to be wrong don't you?
nerd.r191677.gif

Originally posted by TexasSizedFun:

Hey Uterisdabomb - Turn over to the Notre Dame Spring game on right now and pucker. They are going in dry.
roll.r191677.gif

He had to hit the way back button to 2012...........just to brag about some hottest team opinion.

And since then......this hottest team has gotten annual worse results on the field. And they are downright giddy about it. Bravo Aggie. Bravo.

(hint, this is why your coach made the list.....paying a guy the 4th highest salary in the nation to go less than .500 in conference and win no titles and you are happy.....that is hilarious)

Seriously "texasizedfan" I think I'd worry about Alabama going in "dry" AGAIN instead of being worried about your Daddy playing Notre Dame....and before you start thinking about a clever reply......the overall record speaks for itself. But... but wait let me guess......TEXAS lives in
the past...... because aggsy doesn't have one. I seriously can't stand some of these idiot aggsy posters......why mess around on a TEXAS board when they can go look like idiots on Bama or Lsu boards.

"Big hat no cattle".... Lmfao, and Bomb even defended it. What changed Bomb, I thought all aggys were on your ignore list? Couldn't resist?

I just can't see the angle y'all are taking here. We pay our coach big $$$ for +.500 seasons while you guys pay big $$$ (not including the buyout) for -.500 seasons. Sound argument. Well done.

In my father's office, a life long Texan and oil man, was a sign that said "big hat, no cattle" in reference to all the wanna be oil men that came into his office trying to sell their bullsh!t oil dreams and get rich quick schemes. Dad would point to that sign and politely ask them to leave.

"Those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it".

"Those that ignore the past are condemned to repeat it".

It says the same thing. It's the message that counts.

If you're too ignorant to be able to understand the context is the same, though the quote is "different", then you sir, are picking gnat sh!t out of pepper. And if you don't get that analogy, then there is no hope for you.

Bomb is like the machine gun point shooter on a lot of NBA teams. When you shoot 30 times a game or in this case post 100 times a day at least, you will find an acorn every now and then, like a blind squirrel. But, man, there is no one who throws more stuff out there from left field.

"But, man, there is no one who throws more stuff out there from left field."

I don't take a thing you say seriously. I'm still laughing that you called arguably the greatest college baseball program an underachiever.

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
"dabomb is wrong for the 7,000th time in a row."

Sorry you don't know Texan lingo, gooner.
You don't know your own state history, wrong machine.

Look up what your own former governor Ann Richards said about George W Bush (I'm sure she's wrong too)

hint: "He's all hat, no cattle."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/04/04/963230/--All-hat-and-no-cattle-misses-the-point

I stopped reading this list when it didn't have Strong on it. You can't leave a guy off the list that got a one million dollar raise and took an 8-5 team to 6-7. Not to mention, he actually cost Texas 9.375 million for those six wins.

History doesn't matter and don't live in the past yet Aggy was the best media team of 2012, darlings as Aggy likes to let on. By the way... Strong had accomplished more coming into his job a Texas than Sumlin... Sumlin hasn't won, anything, other than a Cotton Bowl and a road trip to T-town, both of which occurred in year one. I guess his raise was based on recruiting when in actuality it was fear of losing him .

This post was edited on 4/20 9:23 AM by TexExSpur

I don't know what the big deal is. It's hard to argue that Sumlin is not over-paid at this point (especially if this trajectory continues).
If you consider the company he is in in that pay range, I think it is a fair statement. The jury is still out on strong, but after one year he is at least potentially overpaid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT