ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler Murray pretty much told SI he's gone if he's drafted high

Originally posted by AggieEric78:
Another Bomb flame like when he floated the idea that Avery Johnson Jr and our entire recruiting class was gone when Avery Sr got the job at Bama. If you throw enough wild darts, one will finally hit the target I guess is his mantra.
Realistically, how high do you think the percentages of KM going pro are?

Nothing personal. Just correcting the erroneous information/rumors you love to float around here daily.
...from the Honest Abe who said one of the winningest programs in college baseball history is the biggest underachiever in the sport.
roll.r191677.gif

We can also bump this thread again at the end of the year when the horns have another losing season.

A&M would have the same losing record but they schedule Lamar, Rice, Sam Houston, Louisiana Monroe, etc.

"...from the Honest Abe who said one of the winningest programs in college baseball history is the biggest underachiever in the sport.
roll.r191677.gif

roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/15 3:29 PM by michaelpurify

I spoke to Calvin shiraldi about where he thought KM would go and he thinks top 15.

If he goes top 15, kiss him bye bye.

What cracks me up was aggy freaked out for 4 weeks because km was tweeting texas longhorn things only to have crazed aggy fans pooping in their pants about him leaving, only to have aggy fans now saying "well of course we knew he'd be a top draft choice for baseball, no big surprise". You can't have it both ways. Whether you lost him to us or to MLB, he's still gone. This leaves nothing more for aggy to argue. You didn't want to lose Murray to us. Losing him to MLB is fine, losing him to Texas would have made your head explode. Either way, if he's drafted high, he'll likely never play a down for you.

And you'll justify that by saying quietly amongst yourselves "at least he didn't go to Texas".

Pretty sad.

Originally posted by clob94:
I spoke to Calvin shiraldi about where he thought KM would go and he thinks top 15.

What cracks me up was aggy freaked out for 4 weeks because km was tweeting texas longhorn things only to have crazed aggy fans pooping in their pants about him leaving, only to have aggy fans now saying "well of course we knew he'd be a top draft choice for baseball, no big surprise". You can't have it both ways. Whether you lost him to us or to MLB, he's still gone. This leaves nothing more for aggy to argue. You didn't want to lose Murray to us. Losing him to MLB is fine, losing him to Texas would have made your head explode. Either way, if he's drafted high, he'll likely never play a down for you.

And you'll justify that by saying quietly amongst yourselves "at least he didn't go to Texas".

Pretty sad.
^^^This right here^^^!!!

BINGO!!! Clob, you totally hit the nail on the head
happy0001.r191677.gif

Another Bomb flame like when he floated the idea that Avery Johnson Jr and our entire recruiting class was gone when Avery Sr got the job at Bama. If you throw enough wild darts, one will finally hit the target I guess is his mantra.
If by "floated the idea" you mean "posted tweets/comments from sportswriters speculating on the possibility."

You are truly one of the stone-cold dumbest posters this board has ever seen, and that's no mean feat.

Originally posted by clob94:

Pretty sad.
Sweet baby Jesus, I believe you hit that nail on the head and drove it flush on the first swing!

This post was edited on 4/15 12:39 PM by TexExSpur

We can also bump this thread again at the end of the year when the horns have another losing season.

A&M would have the same losing record but they schedule Lamar, Rice, Sam Houston, Louisiana Monroe, etc.

Possibly, but if Texas had A&M schedule you probably only win the OOC games and have a 4-8 record with no bowl. Just a prediction, we'll never know.

Originally posted by AnimalMother:

Possibly, but if Texas had A&M schedule you probably only win the OOC games and have a 4-8 record with no bowl. Just a prediction, we'll never know.
roll.r191677.gif

Delusion at its finest.

Delusion at it's finest? Probably not. I think UT might have gone 4-8 with A&M's schedule last year. More likely 5-7 or 6-6, but there are no SEC games we could say you would have surely. The last place team in the SEC West held you to 59 yards and beat you 31-7. So you easily might not have won a game in the division. Would you have won at USC or home against Missouri? Not sure any game you would have been favored in. If so, which? That said, I think you would have won one, maybe two. Maybe at USC.

But a 4-8 prediction being "Delusion at it's finest"? Not really. Pretty realistic.

I would say 4-8 60% chance, 5-7 35% chance and 6-6 5% chance.

This post was edited on 4/15 3:14 PM by AggieEric78

Delusion at it's finest? Probably not. I think UT might have gone 4-8 with A&M's schedule last year. More likely 5-7 or 6-6, but there are no SEC games we could say you would have surely. The last place team in the SEC West held you to 59 yards and beat you 31-7. So you easily might not have won a game in the division. Would you have won at USC or home against Missouri? Not sure any game you would have been favored in. If so, which? That said, I think you would have won one, maybe two. Maybe at USC.

But a 4-8 prediction being "Delusion at it's finest"? Not really. Pretty realistic.

I would say 4-8 60% chance, 5-7 35% chance and 6-6 5% chance.

This post was edited on 4/15 3:14 PM by AggieEric78
It's not worth arguing and the Texas D would have kept them in games versus the SEC while their offense likely would have struggled even more, that is debatable . The games the Ag's won (3) in the SEC were against poor defenses. Arkansas was not firing on all cylinders early in the year (Aggy's 5th game), but they damn sure were past the half way point (shutting out Ole Miss and LSU, teams that put a hurt on Aggy) and y'all squeaked out a win in Jerry's house. Let's not pretend Aggy was a force to be reckoned with... After there little run of 5, they were destroyed in three straight before they squeaked by ULM and lucked into Auburn tripping on their own deeks before getting slapped in the mouth at home by a shaky Mizzou squad that also got beat be Arkansas and then Aggy got lubed up for LSU to take their third straight!

If you want to go there, Texas destroyed WVU with their starting QB, they didn't gimp by a team with a backup QB by 8 points. WV was horrible!

Those maroon shades are dirty.......

I would have taken LSU or Aggy in a heart beat over Arkansas in the bowl game... Those were the other two options with Aggy sitting in the hot seat.

This post was edited on 4/15 3:51 PM by TexExSpur

"If by "floated the idea" you mean "posted tweets/comments from sportswriters speculating on the possibility.""

laugh.r191677.gif
I did the same thing in the Avery Johnson thread and he thought I was just making stuff up. Literally, almost everything I post here comes directly from the mouth of sportswriters/recruiting analysts/so on.

The SEC has zero offense. Texas would have pulled out 4 or 5 games with our D alone.

The SEC is not what it was 3-5 years ago.

Falko,

That is just funny for you to say that after the LAST PLACE team held you to 59 yards and beat you 31-7. I mean Bomb says some crazy stuff on her, but to say you would have gone 4-4 or 5-3 in the SEC. Cmon man!

How do we let aggy keep derailing threads? This is about kyler Murray bolting to mlb for money.

Originally posted by BringBackRoyal:

If by "floated the idea" you mean "posted tweets/comments from sportswriters speculating on the possibility."

You are truly one of the stone-cold dumbest posters this board has ever seen, and that's no mean feat.
Anyone with half a brain would call those comments click bait. It would cost Jr. too much to transfer within the SEC.

Murray has been dealing with an injured shoulder all spring and has been limited to DH.

It's hard to tell how much this will affect his draft position.

Murray has been dealing with an injured shoulder all spring and has been limited to DH.

Resent article: http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/checking-on-kyler-murray-the-baseball-player/

So are aggys hoping for Murray to stay injured now? Wouldn't surprise me.

He can get passed a shoulder impingement. I dealt with this and with minor surgery or rehab Murray can come back even stronger. I think most pitchers and position players deal with this at one point of their career.

"FYI, he's batting .286 Is that going to get him drafted highly?"

FYI you have no clue why he's being projected so high.

I'll break it down for the aggy above.

Hitting isn't why he's projected so high. He's a good athlete. Scouts view him as a potential 5 tool player (he already has the speed, fielding ability and arm). Kyler has never been a great hitter, and the scouts really don't care. He's never focused on baseball and that's a skill they feel that they can develop with his other tools.

These type players get drafted high every year. Like Myles Turner, Murray is a projection pick. He isn't developed but scouts think he has upside.

FYI, Murray plays in one of the toughest districts in the country. Flower Mound and Marcus have D1 pitchers. Plano and Plano West also have good arms. So yeah, that batting average really doesn't mean much of anything. Matter of fact, Kyler hitting nearly .300 in that district is probably enticing to scouts (because that's his weakness right now).

This post was edited on 4/17 2:04 AM by utisdabomb12

FYI, he's batting .286

Shows you know nothing about the draft process and what scouts look at. I have seen HS pitchers have less than 20 innings and get drafted.

All about potential, the scouts have a complete evaluation of him and he could bat 150 and he would still go in the first round. They could care less what he is doing against HS pitching right now.
June will be a complete meltdown for the cult sites such as Gigem and Texags. Get your popcorn ready.

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
Kyler has never been a great hitter.

This post was edited on 4/17 2:04 AM by utisdabomb12
I wouldn't necessarily say that. He hit .302 as a sophomore and as a junior hit .432, with eight home runs, 31 RBIs, and 21 stolen bases in the 2014 regular season.

I don't know why any athlete in his situation wouldn't go baseball.

He can sign and get the up front $$$ and give it his best shot. If he fails, football is still an option even 4-5 years down the road.

Due to his size, I don't see him as an NFL QB and he would have wait at least 3 years for that opportunity.

Add to that it's not a given he can beat out Kyle Allen the next 2 years.

Going to MLB is a no brainer. Unless his injury keeps him from going in the 1st round, I don't see him playing CFB.

ADVERTISEMENT