ADVERTISEMENT

LaQuvionte Gonzalez Transferring from A&M

Sumlin has had issues with the program no doubt but kids leaving because they can't get on the field is not really one of them. Quiv has been passed up and is not set to contribute. I think he would be a great get for a team like SMU.

Sumlin has had issues with the program no doubt but kids leaving because they can't get on the field is not really one of them.
Is losing 17 players from his 2013 foundation recruiting class not a problem to you? Seriously?

Reactions: utisdabomb12
No, like a championship of any kind. I understand your confusion. You're a loser aggy.

Dude its been a decade since you won anything and you've gone sub 500 2 of the last 5 years. This is really not a line you have the right to say, sorry but its true. You don't get to talk down to a program thats clearly better then yours. Also lets not name call, its very childish. You're better than that scholzie. BTW i'd like to state that you guys had a very nice finish to your recruiting class, congrats.

Dude its been a decade since you won anything and you've gone sub 500 2 of the last 5 years. This is really not a line you have the right to say, sorry but its true. You don't get to talk down to a program thats clearly better then yours.
A) I've seen my football and baseball teams win national championships. You will never see that in your lifetime.

B) Your program is not clearly better than ours. You cowardly ran away from us last bowl season. We have scoreboard over you in all 3 big sports.

Ok lets leave off the fact that over half of the guys that transferred out have been passed up by younger more talented kids and they weren't going to play. I don't see improving talent as a bad thing. We lossed 4 or 5 to off field issues and that is an issue but that appears to have been corrected. If you stating we ran from you makes you feel better then fine go with that, either way you would have lossed your bowl game and ended 6-7.

If you stating we ran from you makes you feel better then fine go with that, either way you would have lossed your bowl game and ended 6-7.
A) Tell it to your conference mates. Even they are calling you out for running from us and hiding behind Mike Slive's leg.

B) Easy for you to talk tough about beating us when you won't play us. Like a yippy dog behind a closed door.

A) I've seen my football and baseball teams win national championships. You will never see that in your lifetime.

B) Your program is not clearly better than ours. You cowardly ran away from us last bowl season. We have scoreboard over you in all 3 big sports.
LMAO, I've never seen such a pathetic fan base that puts timeframe on winning. My goodness.

Reactions: Scholz
Dude its been a decade since you won anything and you've gone sub 500 2 of the last 5 years. This is really not a line you have the right to say, sorry but its true. You don't get to talk down to a program thats clearly better then yours. Also lets not name call, its very childish. You're better than that scholzie. BTW i'd like to state that you guys had a very nice finish to your recruiting class, congrats.
Not completely true there was a conference title in 2009 with an appearance in the natty as well as a BCS win in 2008. It's been a few years, albeit ugly since 2009.

As you've acknowledged, it's more of a five year lull... Not a 76 year lull or a 20 years since an outright conference title period.

What makes Aggy better? Their 4 chump OOC wins added to their 3 SEC wins? or the fact that they had a really good team 3 years ago that couldn't get it done and didn't win a conference title?

I fail to see where Aggy is a legitimately "better" program!

Reactions: utisdabomb12
Not completely true there was a conference title in 2009 with an appearance in the natty as well as a BCS win in 2008. It's been a few years, albeit ugly since 2009.
Yes, more aggy dishonesty per usual. To be fair though, conference titles and BCS bowl wins are meaningless to aggy (since they don't have any). It's all about swag, DJ parties, helicopters, barbershops and other gimmicks.

Reactions: TexExSpur

As you've acknowledged, it's more of a five year lull... Not a 76 year lull or a 20 years since an outright conference title period.

What makes Aggy better? Their 4 chump OOC wins added to their 3 SEC wins? or the fact that they had a really good team 3 years ago that couldn't get it done and didn't win a conference title?

I fail to see where Aggy is a legitimately "better" program!

Come on man the aggys have been a powerhouse in recent years. Their 0 national titles and 4 conference titles in the Big 3 sports in 20 years proves this (only 2 conference titles in 16 years). They are legit. No need to tell them that Baylor, TCU, Kansas and Oklahoma State have all accomplished more than them in the Big 3 sports over the past 20 years.

Reactions: TexExSpur
Come on man the aggys have been a powerhouse in recent years. Their 0 national titles and 4 conference titles in the Big 3 sports in 20 years proves this (only 2 conference titles in 16 years). They are legit. No need to tell them that Baylor, TCU, Kansas and Oklahoma State have all accomplished more than them in the Big 3 sports over the past 20 years.

You keep saying things like this but I don't feel this is actually making you feel better knowing you are a subpar program to A&M at this current time. I can still feel your anger. Anyways congrats on your history its clearly better then ours but it doesn't change the present...which is driving your anger. Anyone want to talk football or we going to just jkeep this back and forth crap going?

You keep saying things like this but I don't feel this is actually making you feel better knowing you are a subpar program to A&M at this current time. I can still feel your anger. Anyways congrats on your history its clearly better then ours but it doesn't change the present...which is driving your anger. Anyone want to talk football or we going to just jkeep this back and forth crap going?

Oh the aggy delusion. What would I be angry at? The fact that you've accomplished absolutely nothing in almost your entire history? I have nothing to be angry about. I've seen multiple national titles in baseball, a national title in football, multiple CWS wins, multiple BCS wins, a couple elite 8 appearances, 1 final 4 appearance, and so on. I can only laugh at you aggys. Your lack of winning is why you have lil bro syndrome so badly.

Guys I would just like to inform you that I won a trophy on here. I have no clue what it means, but maybe the aggys can win something now with a few likes.

Oh the aggy delusion. What would I be angry at? The fact that you've accomplished absolutely nothing in almost your entire history? I have nothing to be angry about. I've seen multiple national titles in baseball, a national title in football, multiple CWS wins, multiple BCS wins, a couple elite 8 appearances, 1 final 4 appearance, and so on. I can only laugh at you aggys. Your lack of winning is why you have lil bro syndrome so badly.

Dude...you clearly have the lil bro syndrome. Where is the delusion you speak of. Are we not clearly a better program right now? Maybe Charlie breaks through this year and DJ Rumlin finishes with a 6-6 record and you will be the better program but until then and until you actually finish with a greater than .500 record we are the better program. Just the way it is...and it angers you but thats ok because thats expected after all the winning and dominance over A&M for so many years you are left looking up at Lil brother who has become more successful. I get it.

I came to talk football with you guys so I am going to jump off this thread now.

Dude...you clearly have the lil bro syndrome. Where is the delusion you speak of. Are we not clearly a better program right now? Maybe Charlie breaks through this year and DJ Rumlin finishes with a 6-6 record and you will be the better program but until then and until you actually finish with a greater than .500 record we are the better program. Just the way it is...and it angers you but thats ok because thats expected after all the winning and dominance over A&M for so many years you are left looking up at Lil brother who has become more successful. I get it.

1-I don't think you understand what lil bro syndrome is. You actually have to win something or be decent academically for us to consider you a "big bro". See my signature if you want to know why you have lil bro syndrome.

2-You base being a "better program" on a short term timeframe when you've won absolutely nothing. As another poster said in another thread, "When utilizing any season when referring to only one, it shows the weakness in your intellect and argument-making capabilities." You've pretty much summed up the difference between being a Longhorn and aggy. You define your success on being better in a given year than "big bro", when you still haven't won a damn thing. Here's the facts. You haven't won a national title in the big 3 sports since 1939, and only have 4 conference titles in 20 years. Get at me when you actually win something and stop judging your success on finishing better than big bro in a given year.

1-I don't think you understand what lil bro syndrome is. You actually have to win something or be decent academically for us to consider you a "big bro". See my signature if you want to know why you have lil bro syndrome.

2-You base being a "better program" on a short term timeframe when you've won absolutely nothing. As another poster said in another thread, "When utilizing any season when referring to only one, it shows the weakness in your intellect and argument-making capabilities." You've pretty much summed up the difference between being a Longhorn and aggy. You define your success on being better in a given year than "big bro", when you still haven't won a damn thing. Here's the facts. You haven't won a national title in the big 3 sports since 1939, and only have 4 conference titles in 20 years. Get at me when you actually win something and stop judging your success on finishing better than big bro in a given year.

Ok you said in a given year...how about 3 consecutive years with a 4th on the horizon? All I said is we are cleary the better program right now and that it angers you which is why you say the same thing over and over. Now for real I am out of this thread, not looking for a pi$$ing match

Ok you said in a given year...how about 3 consecutive years with a 4th on the horizon? All I said is we are cleary the better program right now and that it angers you which is why you say the same thing over and over. Now for real I am out of this thread, not looking for a pi$$ing match

Who cares? You've won jack, but bravo. Get at me when you win something. We aren't pathetic like you aggys, we base our success on actually winning titles, BCS games, and conference titles. Lil bro syndrome is so bad.

2013 class breakdown of "he gone"

Kohl Stewart 4* QB, counted towards the class grade, went MLB.
Joas Aguilar 3* OL, Medically retired before he ever joined the team.
Tommy Sanders 3* LB, JUCO transfer, has graduated.
Cameron Clear 3* TE, JUCO transfer, has graduated.
Isaiah Golden 4* DT, Kicked off team after being arrested for armed robbery.
Darian Claiborne 3* LB, Kicked off team after being arrested for armed robbery.
Sebastian Larue 4* WR, transferred to Wazzou.
JaQuay Williams 4* WR, transferred to Louisville. "Savage"
Kameron Miles 4* S, Dismissed from team for rules violation.
LaQUIVonte Gonzalez 4* WR, left team, unknown destination.
Kenny "The Thrill" Hill 4* QB, Left team, enrolled at TCC.
Ishmael Wilson 4* OL, Left for Baylor.
Kyrion Parker 4* WR, transferred out.
Jordan Mastrogiovanni 3* LB, retired still enrolled.
Jordan Points 3* DE, Dismissed for violation of team rules.

As of late, there are issues with Justin Manning, is he with the team or not.

That's 15 and the top end of a 2013 class with 32 signatures......

WR that was never going to play. Wont hurt a bit.
You've already provided your ignorance, he has already played... He want's to play more!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2437129-receiver-gonzalez-exiting-texas-am-program He was a must have target according to Aggy beat writers....

NAME REC YDS AVG LONG TD
Mike Evans 69 1394 20.2 95 (TD) 12
Derel Walker 51 818 16.0 51 (TD) 5
Malcome Kennedy 60 658 11.0 34 7
Travis Labhart 51 626 12.3 44 (TD) 8
LaQuvionte Gonzalez 21 240 11.4 57 1

HE was the number five guy in 2013, fell off a little in 2014, no reason to think he couldn't have risen to the occasion unless you like to assume like most Aggy's! WHO had the most drops last year, there were a ton of dropped balls?

Last edited:
Are we not clearly a better program right now?
No you're not. Neither team has won anything in the past few years. So what are you basing this on besides your pitiful OOC schedule?

That's not completely true, there was plenty of quality when it comes to skill, but 15 of them are not on the team.... If 2014 is the class, they will win it all by 2017?

I should have said 2014 better be the class. If we are going to have a top 10 team, I believe it will be because of 2014. Not calling my shot for a National Championship. But I truly believe it is a special class.
We played with fire in 2013, and got burned. Hopefully, lessons were learned. It is OK to take 1 or 2 character risks, but they better be stars. I don't believe Gonzalez was a character problem, like Golden, Miles, Hill, Claiborne, Points, etc..

Give Strong time, I don't think his record over 4 years will regress like Sumlin. He is already killing it on the recruiting trail for a guy who just stepped foot in the state of Texas, the team ranking for 2015 speaks for itself. Hell the guy has a BCS win as a head coach, something Sumlin has not yet accomplished making 5 mil a year.

Give Strong time, I don't think his record over 4 years will regress like Sumlin. He is already killing it on the recruiting trail for a guy who just stepped foot in the state of Texas, the team ranking for 2015 speaks for itself. Hell the guy has a BCS win as a head coach, something Sumlin has not yet accomplished making 5 mil a year.

Sumlin has only coached 3 years at A&M. He won 28 games (11, 9, 8). He inherited a great QB and OL. He also inherited one of the worst defenses imaginable. Exact opposite of what Strong inherited. Will be interesting to see how the next 2 years end up for Strong. Only time will tell.

Sumlin has only coached 3 years at A&M. He won 28 games (11, 9, 8). He inherited a great QB and OL. He also inherited one of the worst defenses imaginable. Exact opposite of what Strong inherited. Will be interesting to see how the next 2 years end up for Strong. Only time will tell.
The only problem I have with the win total/pedestal that Aggy's place Sumlin upon is that 4+4+4= 12 cupcake victories basically padding the stats. They won 6, 4 and 3 SEC games for a grand total of 13-11 in the SEC. One great year, that is all!

6,4,3 are the only wins or trend that matter simply because that is headed in the wrong direction if you are a somebody going somewhere trying to win something bigger than the others in the same conference.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Godz40Acrez
Sumlin has only coached 3 years at A&M. He won 28 games (11, 9, 8).
As mentioned, very misleading stats given the sisters of the poor you play OOC. Another way to frame his 3 years is he's gone from 5th to 7th to 9th place in conference.

ADVERTISEMENT