ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the Big XII non conference schedule

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Our Longhorns probably won't contend for the Big XII title this year. But the Big XII already has two strikes on them and it will stay that with the committee especially as long as Tom Osborne is on it. If you haven't noticed know this. He has the most influence on the committee. Believe me it's not just because our conference doesn't have a title game. To improve our chances for one of our teams to make it we need to do well in non con games. So looking at our big games.

OK vs TN Oklahoma has a lot of questions this year not just at qb. TN is starting to come back and it's at their place. Tossup

WV vs MD this is Big Ten team I think WV has a good team and its at home. WV

ISU VS IA As bad as ISU is they did beat Iowa and the Hawkeyes went to a bowl. Another Big X team. I don't know where its played and I don't know who to pick.

KS vs Memphis and Rutgers Why does KS have to be the team to play these teams? A bowl winner and a Big X team and two losses.

TT vs Ark. Is Arkansas that good or were we just that bad? It's in Fayetteville and they'll probably win.

TCU vs MN I can't help but to wonder. Did TCU come in under the radar last year? Can they really be this good. MN did finish in the top twenty five and went to a bowl. Its at their place on national tv and opening weekend. TCU should win.

TX vs ND and TX vs CA I dont think we can win at ND. CA is a tossup. Not much left to say about TX.

No other non con games worth discussing. But Baylor is hurting themselves with their non scheduling and they're arrogant about it.

Thoughts?

Strength of schedule is the same as last year and Baylor and TCU finished in the top 10. Just win and you'll be in the mix

Serious question, Cali. Is there any real situation in the past where Tom Osborne didn't do the right thing? I have always had the utmost respect for him as a man and coach. I get the whole rivalry with Nebraska, but I am just curious.

Kansas beating Rutgers or Memphis would be huge for Kansas, but not for other B12 teams

Arky was good. Bielema is a good coach

TCU was that good

Serious question, Cali. Is there any real situation in the past where Tom Osborne didn't do the right thing? I have always had the utmost respect for him as a man and coach. I get the whole rivalry with Nebraska, but I am just curious.

Kansas beating Rutgers or Memphis would be huge for Kansas, but not for other B12 teams

Arky was good. Bielema is a good coach

TCU was that good

It worked out well for the committee this time. But last year this committee treated Baylor and TCU like red headed step kids. TO has made it clear that the playoff game was and will continue to be the most important factor. So unless the Big XII comes up with a title game our conference has two strikes on them. Right now that's punishing our conference champion. That's not right. The committee is overwhelmingly tilted in favor of Big X and SEC people as if the SEC didn't have enough advantages already. The Pac X has solid representation. However, the ACC and the Big XII only have one. But FSU had to go undefeated to make it they didn't look as goo as TCU when they won and it will have to stay that way for the ACC to make it. West, for all the talk about Oliver Luck on this board being our ad, he sat there and did nothing for the Big XII last year on the committee. And he's left for an a job at NCAA headquarters. Good riddance Oliver and don't let door hit you on the ass on the way out. The ad at TT is our rep now and I hope he speaks up for our conference. Archie Manning is on the committee and there's good reason to think he'll speak up for us. West, look at who's on the committee if you haven't. Condoleezza Rice are you kidding? One last thought about TO? I honestly think he's bitter that Deloss Dodds out maneuvered him for influence in the Big XII. The thing I will always remember most about DD is that he was a political animal. It's TO's fault that he wasn't, he felt it should have been handed to him because of his success in the Big 8 as a coach but it dont work that way in the real world.

Back to the games. I think that TN will beat OK. If they do it will tell me that OK will be mediocre again.
I still wait on TCU
We can beat Cal

Reactions: diadevic
I agree on his frustrations when Texas came into the B12. You are right about it being a risk. I would just wonder if he would risk integrity on his vote if the B12 had a clear cut worthy team. The funny thing is that we as Texas fans or ou don't have to worry about not getting the ball to bounce our way. He would get a lot of grief and risk his reputation for not voting in a Texas or ou team. It is tcu and others that got screwed and will more than likely get screwed again(Baylor probably deserves what they get for there bowl performances).

I agree on his frustrations when Texas came into the B12. You are right about it being a risk. I would just wonder if he would risk integrity on his vote if the B12 had a clear cut worthy team. The funny thing is that we as Texas fans or ou don't have to worry about not getting the ball to bounce our way. He would get a lot of grief and risk his reputation for not voting in a Texas or ou team. It is tcu and others that got screwed and will more than likely get screwed again(Baylor probably deserves what they get for there bowl performances).

West, I'm sorry if I looked l got launched. But I'm angry about the makeup of this committee. I truly believe if OK or TX shocked the nation and went 11-1 and were in contention with another school for the four stop we won't get the nod. TX and OK will be back soon and TX fans need to watch how this committee votes and who is on it.

It worked out well for the committee this time. But last year this committee treated Baylor and TCU like red headed step kids. TO has made it clear that the playoff game was and will continue to be the most important factor. So unless the Big XII comes up with a title game our conference has two strikes on them. Right now that's punishing our conference champion. That's not right. The committee is overwhelmingly tilted in favor of Big X and SEC people as if the SEC didn't have enough advantages already. The Pac X has solid representation. However, the ACC and the Big XII only have one. But FSU had to go undefeated to make it they didn't look as goo as TCU when they won and it will have to stay that way for the ACC to make it. West, for all the talk about Oliver Luck on this board being our ad, he sat there and did nothing for the Big XII last year on the committee. And he's left for an a job at NCAA headquarters. Good riddance Oliver and don't let door hit you on the ass on the way out. The ad at TT is our rep now and I hope he speaks up for our conference. Archie Manning is on the committee and there's good reason to think he'll speak up for us. West, look at who's on the committee if you haven't. Condoleezza Rice are you kidding? One last thought about TO? I honestly think he's bitter that Deloss Dodds out maneuvered him for influence in the Big XII. The thing I will always remember most about DD is that he was a political animal. It's TO's fault that he wasn't, he felt it should have been handed to him because of his success in the Big 8 as a coach but it dont work that way in the real world.

Back to the games. I think that TN will beat OK. If they do it will tell me that OK will be mediocre again.
I still wait on TCU
We can beat Cal

I agree 100% suck for luck didn't do his job so the big 12 needs to kick WVU out. I like OU against the Vols I remember the crimnoles thinking they would be OU at there place and OU slapped them

West, I'm sorry if I looked l got launched. But I'm angry about the makeup of this committee. I truly believe if OK or TX shocked the nation and went 11-1 and were in contention with another school for the four stop we won't get the nod. TX and OK will be back soon and TX fans need to watch how this committee votes and who is on it.
You are in the majority of how most believe on Orangebloods regarding voting and representation. I am also in the minority of Longhorns specifically regarding Tom Osborne.

I agree 100% suck for luck didn't do his job so the big 12 needs to kick WVU out. I like OU against the Vols I remember the crimnoles thinking they would be OU at there place and OU slapped them

If OK beats TN and looks good doing it they will let us know they're back in the hunt. There is a lot of individual talent at OK, seven or eight kids who could start at most schools. I've said this all summer the key to their season will be their new oc's.

Correction from what I said above. Archie Manning is no longer on the committee. He stepped down in the middle of the season because of personal issues. He has been replaced by some from former Vanderbilt hc which tells me he was a loser. The committee now has two former hc's who were losers. Figures

ADVERTISEMENT