ADVERTISEMENT

Mack spilled his Kool-Aid

Bellmont Traitor

Gold Member
Sep 14, 2013
The eyes inside the castle walls see things and the ears inside the castle walls hear things.

After the Ole Miss loss, Mack called former All American Longhorn Rod Babers into his office and told him that he was to speak nothing but the company line in his role as UT radio guy or he would be fired. When Babers pushed back and told him that his job was to call things as he sees them, he was given an ultimatum by Mack.

When Babers told Mack that he was a Lifetime Longhorn and wanted the program to succeed, but wouldn't lie to other Longhorns if something was going poorly and it needed to be discussed. Babers told Mack that he bleeds orange, but he's not anyone's hired stooge.

Mack then fired Babers on the spot and told him he would not be returning next year in his role as sideline guy and would not be allowed back into the inner circle when he turns things around. Babers then told Mack that the mere fact that he had time in his day to have the meeting between the two of them when his team had been whipped the previous two weeks was proof that his focus was twisted and that he didn't have what it takes to turn it around. He was then told to leave Mack's office.

For the man on the left and the man on your right. The 2013 Texas Longhorns.

Has Babers said anything since then that might lend some credibility to this? Willing to believe but skeptical.

If True, Mack is paranoid, going insane and not fit to lead the Horns!!

I reeeeeeeeeeeally hope this is not true.

This post was edited on 9/27 11:32 AM by quartersmith

My first reaction is BULLSHIT. Mack doesn't control that side of things (radio guys) and even if he DID have control, he wouldn't be the one doing the actual firing.

So, BULLSHIT.

Now, we will see later on if Babers is on the air or not.

This post was edited on 9/27 11:34 AM by lilMAC

I don't know if this is true or not, but it's not the first time it has been reported.

Originally posted by Horn 4VR:
If True, Mack is paranoid, going insane and not fit to lead the Horns!!
"If and buts were candy and nuts"

Originally posted by texgrad75:
Bull sh*t
Brian jones is on the record saying Mack did the exact same thing to him.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by jamimer:
Bull sh*t
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Brian Jones wasn't a member of the radio team, was he? Wasn't he a Fox Commentator at the time? Mack would have no power there other than not allowing him to access to the program.

EDIT: He WAS a sideline guy for the radio at the time...

This post was edited on 9/27 11:41 AM by lilMAC

I want to be in on this one. If true, wow. If not, bad form putting it here. I don't know what to believe any more.

Originally posted by lilMAC:
Bull sh*t
Brian Jones wasn't a member of the radio team, was he? Wasn't he a Fox Commentator at the time? Mack would have no power there other than not allowing him to access to the program.
I meant calling him in and dressing him down for telling the truth on air. Not the firing part.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Bull sh*t

Nope, he was in the same exact role Babers is in now.

Bull sh*t
I meant calling him in and dressing him down for telling the truth on air. Not the firing part.
It turns out he WAS on the radio team at the time. So... there could be truth to it.

Now this will get me off the mack brown fence if true.....

Mack Brown, the Stalin of college football coaches. Off to the gulag, Babers.

Originally posted by SAXETU:

Bull sh*t

Nope, he was in the same exact role Babers is in now.
I was editing as you were posting. Thanks. Was Jones actually fired or just dressed down?

So you've gone from protective, inside the program person to a leaker of damning insider stories in a matter of two weeks? Who are you?

If Mack worried this much about his own team he may have better results, instead he worries about what's said about him and then goes on record denying that fact.

Bryan Jones was correct in saying that Mack doesn't know how to fix things. How is he going to make adjustments when he only knows how to be a CEO and not coach Xs and Os? He hired the guys to coach the Xs and Os and that is on him. Problem is that HE now knows that and that's on him, thus you see him scrambling....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT