ADVERTISEMENT

Mack spilled his Kool-Aid

Guy is paid by the school. Not asying it's right, just a little surprised to see so much outrage at the fact that Mack/etc. want him to speak the company line.

Trying to imagine this any different at my place of employment or any of yours.

Originally posted by lilMAC:

Originally posted by amie:

My first reaction is BULLSHIT. Mack doesn't control that side of things (radio guys) and even if he DID have control, he wouldn't be the one doing the actual firing.

So, BULLSHIT.

Now, we will see later on if Babers is on the air or not.

This post was edited on 9/27 11:34 AM by lilMAC
You are nuts if you think Belmont doesn't control what goes on over at KVET. They hire and fire anyone associated with the broadcast. Brian Jones had basically the same conversation years ago with Mack.
Didn't read the entire thread, did ya?
Why so quick to cry BS?

I really expect to log on one day and read that Mack went to someone's house over the weekend and burned a bag of puppies in their newborn daughters room.

I a?¤i¸? Bellmont Traitor. Keep it coming, man.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Hornspread Panic:

If true (which I have no doubt it is) then it shows that Brown has every intention of being back next year to burn this thing further to the ground.

Burn it down Brown burn it down!!!!!
He wouldn't ever stop.

Bobby Bowden is fishing somewhere right now telling himself he could've turned it around.

Originally posted by brichits:

My first reaction is BULLSHIT. Mack doesn't control that side of things (radio guys) and even if he DID have control, he wouldn't be the one doing the actual firing.

So, BULLSHIT.

You are nuts if you think Belmont doesn't control what goes on over at KVET. They hire and fire anyone associated with the broadcast. Brian Jones had basically the same conversation years ago with Mack.
Why so quick to cry BS?
Because I actually thought the Jones incident occurred while Jones was at Fox.

Plus, as someone else stated so eloquently "would I believe that some random internet poster was making up BS in this environment? YES"

Originally posted by pied:

Guy is paid by the school. Not asying it's right, just a little surprised to see so much outrage at the fact that Mack/etc. want him to speak the company line.

Trying to imagine this any different at my place of employment or any of yours.
It doesn't strike you as a bit odd that it was Mack, assuming the report is true, who called Babers/Jones to the carpet on this? Wouldn't you think he would have more important things to do than concern himself with what's said on a radio broadcast?Doesn't this fall a little bit outside of his job description? Wouldnt it be more appropriate for an executive from the radio station or someone from the SID to confront Babers rather than Mack?

I would like to call BS but pretty hard too when this has happened before....and Bellmont abslutely has control over at KVET

Originally posted by jamimer:
Originally posted by texgrad75:
Bull sh*t
Brian jones is on the record saying Mack did the exact same thing to him.

Exactly!!! For those calling B.S., please note, it's a matter of historical record that this very thing has happened before.

I'm trying to imagine how those phone calls from Bellmont/Mack to ESPN are going? ESPN has a huge investment at stake and probably has no problem saying go f- yourself, ASAC Schrader style..."you're the most pathetic coach we've ever met and you're too stupid to see we made up our minds 10 games ago."

Yeah bitch!

So, BULLSHIT.

Why so quick to cry BS?
Because I actually thought the Jones incident occurred while Jones was at Fox.

Plus, as someone else stated so eloquently "would I believe that some random internet poster was making up BS in this environment? YES"
Don't disagree with you LILmac, but many insiders or people with good information will not post because they know they will be accused of making stuff up.

Mack has to hate OB!
tongue.r191677.gif

I can see having a discussion with Rod to try and keep him on board and positive, but threatening a guy for doing nothing wrong is just flat out maniacal. If this is true, Mack will have lost all respect from me.

Being a hyper competitive, control freak about things that matter I can overlook, but being that way for your own ego is just pathetic and doing it this way is really revealing about the caliber of a man.

If I was Powers I would would want to know the truth to this. Mack could do a lot of harm to the program with this sort of behavior. I would remove immediately to make a clear statement about our program and expectations for our coach.

Mack's image as a guy is one of the few things he had left actively working for him with a lot of people. He's even sacrificed that at this point.

Originally posted by Califashorn:
I am sure one of you guys here knows Rod Babers. Give him a call and verify the post. It wouldn't surprise. When there is that much money, prestige, ego involved...most coaches want things their way or else. Unfortunately, for Mack the Orangebloods Nation has begun to see him for what he truly is..an emperor with no clothes.
If, in fact, MB fired Jones and Babers for not doing what MB desired, Houston we have a big problem. There is nothing wrong with a reporter giving his view on the air, whether I agree with him/her or not. However, absolute control of the press, is not
negotiable.
If, in fact, MB fired these two young men for their view while reporting, in my mind it is grounds for instant dismissal, no ifs, ands, or buts. This smacks of some mental problem.

Don't disagree with you LILmac, but many insiders or people with good information will not post because they know they will be accused of making stuff up.
I doubt this guy's 1st 2 posts are still in the system, but IIRC they were very fluffy.

So, it could easily be that the first two were nothing more than setups for this post. Standard troll procedure. Establish your "bonafides" by kissing ass, then show your real face by being one.

Or

He could be Rod Babers.

Either way, we will know when LHN covers Texas/ISU and also by checking the radio broadcasts.

In Mack's defense, there's absolutely zero evidence that him focusing more on football matters and less on PR would help Texas' schemes in any way.

Weren't people talking about how babers sounded hammered during the Kansas state pre game....

Maybe a simple solution would be to call KVET and ask if Babers will still be on LHN Any longer?

Weren't there a few posts over the weekend about Babers on the air? I don't recall what was said, but they suggested he was acting strange.

Someone has to take the scene in Varsity Blues where they are going to inject the RB at halftime in the game against Gilroy and put Mack's head on Gilmer's, Deloss's head on the trainer, Babers' head on Moxon's, Brian Jones' head on Tweeter's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT