ADVERTISEMENT

Mack spilled his Kool-Aid

The wording is a bit awkward, but unread it that Mack fired him effective next year.

The post starts with a request and then an ultimatum. Rod stands up or himself. Mack fires "him on the spot" saying that he won't be "returning next year".

Rod being on the sidelines for the ISU game won't prove anything.

I believe the following:
- Mack wants Longhorn homers on the air the same way Aggy loves Dave South
- Mack has enough influence as does the athletic department to drop kick anyone on the various broadcast crews.
- Mack called Rod in to coax or bully him into being a fluffy, Dave South style homer

Winter isn't coming. It's here.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by HornSolo:
Originally posted by Book Man:

Originally posted by HornSolo

Now this will get me off the mack brown fence if true.....

So multiple thrashing at the hands of ou, getting our asses handed to us by BYU and Ole Miss and what looks to be 4 straight years of mediocre to downright bad football wasn't enough? I guess threatening Babers if he doesn't toe the company line is where you draw the line. Weird.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Not, really. I know where we were before he got here. He has always represented this university with class and everybody faces struggles. But if true, he needs to go because this type of behavior is what got us in trouble before he came to Texas. Mack deserves our praise and gratitude for what he as done here, but if this is true, he needs to be shown the door.

This post was edited on 9/27 1:30 PM by HornSolo
Nobody should let their main rival, the only other bully on the block, abuse him like Mack has. Stoops owes Mack a lot of money.

I'm calling BS on this post. If you are still a "Mack guy" after all that is happened, there is no way that Mack dressing down a reporter would swing you away from Mack.

Mack hasn't changed so his actions with respect to his 4 year long poor performance is unrelated.

Also, this exact same stuff goes on at nearly every program.

The only thing different now is Texas is losing, and people like Babers feel 'brave enough' to speak out a bit against their employer.

TexRex,
Why do you have to make this political? Leave those comments in the Corral.

Originally posted by rrp255:
Can someone explain to me what the problem is with an employer bringing in an employee and telling them his remarks about the company were not acceptable and going forward, if you like to remain employed by this company, you have to follow company orders.

Has no one here ever been reprimanded by their boss? It is not like Mack called in Herbstreet and the Game Day guys and told them not to say negative things about Texas. Babers works for the university and he should be asked to speak the company line.

Yes you can argue that maybe someone else should have called him in instead of the head coach. But also I think it is naive to think Mack doesn't have time to do other things beside coach.

Heck we are all sitting here on our computers reading and responding to comments where we probably should all be working.
Is Mack Brown Rod Babers's employer? And, in regards to your Herbstreit analogy, it's been reported that Mack Brown went into the ESPN trailer (in town to cover one of our 2011 games) and told the broadcast team what they could and could not discuss on air.

Originally posted by jodybo:

I'm calling BS on this post. If you are still a "Mack guy" after all that is happened, there is no way that Mack dressing down a reporter would swing you away from Mack.
Your right, harassment is legal in this country these days. Mack threatening someone with their job, I was under the impression that Babers worked for ESPN/LHN not the university. If not,

My bad.

Almost everyone who has covered UT sports in an official capacity knows this is standard practice for image obsessed mack.

It has been a good while since I was on the Mack train, but this shit is ridiculous. It has been reported now so many times by different guys, that I don't even question the validity anymore.

I will always have a place for Mack Brown 1.0, the guy who helped usher pride back into the program and get us back to where we belong. Don't get me wrong I am sure there were some of the same things going on behind the scenes even back then as this doesn't just happen overnight, but it was easier to cover up.

Mack Brown 2.0 is such an ass. I don't don't know how else to put it. He is a thin skinned, $5M/year coach that believes HE IS TEXAS FOOTBALL. It is so engrained in his psyche that he is willing to have people fired, their livelihood, just to cover up his insecurities. There are not many bigger douche moves than that. He has gone from being known as having a family atmosphere to truly being a horrible person. What is worse is that he understands the politics of the game (not talking about Football), that he has so much of the powerful influencers eating out of his hand. Only know are things starting to turn around in that arena.

Mack is making a mackery of what he built.

Originally posted by Choice Cuts:

I have gone from respecting Mack more than any other coach in college football and being his biggest defenders to literally hating him. How much more of this BS can we put up with. Do you think Saban cares what anyone says about him? Do you think he even knows? Pathetic. Disgusting. And I believe this report 100%.
Saban is famously prickly with his program, so yes.

Originally posted by HornEsch:
It has been a good while since I was on the Mack train, but this shit is ridiculous. It has been reported now so many times by different guys, that I don't even question the validity anymore.

I will always have a place for Mack Brown 1.0, the guy who helped usher pride back into the program and get us back to where we belong. Don't get me wrong I am sure there were some of the same things going on behind the scenes even back then as this doesn't just happen overnight, but it was easier to cover up.

Mack Brown 2.0 is such an ass. I don't don't know how else to put it. He is a thin skinned, $5M/year coach that believes HE IS TEXAS FOOTBALL. It is so engrained in his psyche that he is willing to have people fired, their livelihood, just to cover up his insecurities. There are not many bigger douche moves than that. He has gone from being known as having a family atmosphere to truly being a horrible person. What is worse is that he understands the politics of the game (not talking about Football), that he has so much of the powerful influencers eating out of his hand. Only know are things starting to turn around in that arena.

Mack is making a mackery of what he built.
much more articulate than me.....well said

Originally posted by Choice Cuts:

I have gone from respecting Mack more than any other coach in college football and being his biggest defenders to literally hating him. How much more of this BS can we put up with. Do you think Saban cares what anyone says about him? Do you think he even knows? Pathetic. Disgusting. And I believe this report 100%.
And now the "Do you think Saban/Stoops/et al do this stuff?" comes out again.

Like all the other stuff Saban/Stoops/et al stuff....they do it too to varying degrees. Plus winning overrides a lot of things and losing accentuates the negatives of this practice.

Originally posted by Gaylord_Focker:

Originally posted by lilMAC:
Originally posted by Gaylord_Focker:

Originally posted by lilMAC:
My first reaction is BULLSHIT. Mack doesn't control that side of things (radio guys) and even if he DID have control, he wouldn't be the one doing the actual firing.

So, BULLSHIT.

Now, we will see later on if Babers is on the air or not.

This post was edited on 9/27 11:34 AM by lilMAC
You don't think Mack has the pull to fire an LHN guy? Come on, I know you love the guy but you can't be that naive. He's not as powerful as Joe Paterno was, but he ran this program.
This is the 2nd or 3rd time you've said some stupid bullshit like this.

I've been done with Mack Brown since 2010 season ended. The BYU and Ol Miss games did nothing to help that.

And while I think he has the pull, I don't think he would be the one saying "You're fired". I can easily believe he called him on the carpet, because HC's with that type of power can and will do things like that.
Don't deny it. You love Mack.
You're retarded aren't you? I mean you actually have serious cognitive issues that have stunted your intellect.

The more I learn about Mack Brown, the more I get sick to my stomach that he is our coach. I want him fired...

Originally posted by rrp255:
Can someone explain to me what the problem is with an employer bringing in an employee and telling them his remarks about the company were not acceptable and going forward, if you like to remain employed by this company, you have to follow company orders.

Has no one here ever been reprimanded by their boss? It is not like Mack called in Herbstreet and the Game Day guys and told them not to say negative things about Texas. Babers works for the university and he should be asked to speak the company line.
Mack is not Babers' boss. He works for ESPN and The Zone.

And on your second point, Mack has told ESPN guys what they should or should not say. Jesse Palmer is a perfect example.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by J-VON11:
mod absence on this is intriguing
man, I don't even know what to say.
Is that because there's so much more that you could say about this particular dynamic in the MBTF universe?! Spill some beans, Ketch!

"This. Look, I think Mack's time is up, but bullshit like this needs to stop."
------

if it happened why shouldnt it be posted? It seems Babers has already admitted he was called in on the radio. This happened to Brian Jones. Sadly is not insane to bring this up

"Babers talked about it on 1300 The Zone. He said he was called in and "admonished". On the air Babers said he chose to come to Texas and he didn't just choose them for 4 years. I can't quote verbatim but he basically said when he chose Texas he chose them for life and it was his job to call it like he sees it, that he owed that to his listeners. He also said that coaches loyalties stop the day after they the pay check stops, that players and all students that chose Texas are on board for life. Great response from Babers but he did not go into great detail about what went down when he was "admonished". It's pretty difficult to respect Mack Brown, in fact I don't."

Originally posted by DizzG:
"This. Look, I think Mack's time is up, but bullshit like this needs to stop."
------

if it happened why shouldnt it be posted? It seems Babers has already admitted he was called in on the radio. This happened to Brian Jones. Sadly is not insane to bring this up
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
For one, as pointed out earlier there is a vast difference between being fired on the spot (OP's words) and being admonished (Babers' words).

Hell, there's a vast difference between being fired on the spot and "you won't be back next year".

"Ranker777 at 9/27 2:03 PM

It's true... all of it. The OP knows what he is talking about."
-----------

interesting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT