ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Notes, Sept 20: Horns in contention for 5-star F; Tyrese Hunter injuries/cramping explained, and D-Mitch talks decision to forgo the NBA Draft.

Keenan Womack

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2021
1. 2024 5-star F Asa Newell dropped his top four: Texas, Georgia, Gonzaga, and Alabama. He visited The 40 Acres last weekend, and had a lot of positive things to say about it.

I'm generally hearing Georgia, but recruiting is a fickle mistress.

• • • • •

2. Tyrese Hunter, in a press conference today, explained his constant cramping from last year's regular season.

"When did you get it figured out?"

TH: Right before the NCAA Tournament. We went to a doctor [in Dallas] and figured out what it was...they gave me some medication...I felt when [the cramps] were coming, my muscles would just tighten up.

"Why didn't it happen at Iowa State?"

TH: It didn't happen to me at Iowa State at all. I think it's because we run more here...I could play a whole game at Iowa State, but here we run a lot more and have a lot more possessions.

"How does it feel to be 100% and able to play for Texas?"

TH: It means the world to me. Knowing the potential I can show off, and what it could lead to in my future.

• • • • •

3. Dillon Mitchell talks about his decision to stick around for his sophomore season instead of going straight to the NBA.

"It took a while for you to make your decision about staying or going pro. Was it a paperwork issue, or did it legitimately take that long to decide?"

DM: No, it legitimately took that long. The goal has always been the NBA...but I know I have a lot more to show. Obviously I could have stayed in the draft and gone in the second round, or whatever, but yeah. I have a lot more to show. I'm still 19, and the NBA isn't going anywhere.

Pretty mature response from a teenager.

• • • • •

@KeenanWomack

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News