ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on the Spring game

Share your thoughts and opinions on a football subject.
OK. Gray had 2 total carries. I'd like a link to these "plenty of people" who were lauding Foreman over Gray btw. Should be easy since there were so many of them.

So you think Gray looks like the same kid he was when he came out of highschool? Its not a knock the kid snapped his achilles and is still clearly not back to 100%. I've seen plenty of people stating that Foreman was the best running back in the spring game, why do you think that is? Do you think hes a better running back? Do you think he should be starting over Gray? Share your thoughts and opinions on a football subject.

Again, you have no clue if he's back to 100 percent. I'm not going to answer any of your questions because you are a dumbass aggy making sweeping generalizations when you have no clue what you are talking about. Nobody has a clue if he's back to 100 percent because he hardly played in the spring game (like a lot of the players who were used cautiously). I guess you really analyzed those 2 carries, huh aggy.

Again, you have no clue if he's back to 100 percent. I'm not going to answer any of your questions because you are a dumbass aggy making sweeping generalizations when you have no clue what you are talking about. Nobody has a clue if he's back to 100 percent because he hardly played in the spring game (like a lot of the players who were used cautiously). I guess you really analyzed those 2 carries, huh aggy.

LMAO. I know JG personally, he's back to where he was pre-injury in his mind. Great burst and he can skip step like a champ, his ability to change direction is going to be better this year and the burst is there as well.

It must be a prerequisite that you use broad generalizations and paint with a broad brush in order to dunk that ring.

As for Foreman, he'll be that goal line fella and he will get plenty of carries.

Reactions: utisdabomb12
OK. Gray had 2 total carries. I'd like a link to these "plenty of people" who were lauding Foreman over Gray btw. Should be easy since there were so many of them.

Since im not going to do your homework for you maybe I will just refer you to Bomb's original post stating he expected Foreman to get the majority of the carries by the end of the season...how about we just start there, I mean it was his opinion I only asked him why he thought that. Also you only have to go back to last season and read Longhorn boards to know that the opinion was that J Gray still wasn't right and that he probably hasn't magically finished healing over the last 3 months. I watch alot of football and my opinion is that he's still not back to 100%, is that a bad thing that this is my opinion based on watching him even if it was in limited action? I feel it was cooberated by the fact that even Bomb beleives Foreman will be getting the majority of the carries by the end of the season, why is he not beiong jumped on if you disagree with that statement?

1-It's difficult to really make significant judgements when so many players were out with injuries (a bunch of key players). Even players like Gray were used cautiously.

8-It won't surprise me a bit if D'Onta Foreman becomes the back getting the majority of touches at the end of the season.

For Scholzie...I even left end the Gray was used cautiously to be fair to what Bomb was saying but I find it odd that even stating he was used cautiously that had the opinion Foreman would be receiving the majority of the carries at the end of the season.

Since im not going to do your homework for you maybe I will just refer you to Bomb's original post stating he expected Foreman to get the majority of the carries by the end of the season...how about we just start there, I mean it was his opinion I only asked him why he thought that. Also you only have to go back to last season and read Longhorn boards to know that the opinion was that J Gray still wasn't right and that he probably hasn't magically finished healing over the last 3 months. I watch alot of football and my opinion is that he's still not back to 100%, is that a bad thing that this is my opinion based on watching him even if it was in limited action? I feel it was cooberated by the fact that even Bomb beleives Foreman will be getting the majority of the carries by the end of the season, why is he not beiong jumped on if you disagree with that statement?

JG is a senior, the spring game is a glorified practice... Catalon and Foreman got most of the touches.

The line is and was the issue.. If JG feels he is in a much better place, I believe him. Kid is humble. If the line performs.... JG is going to have a great year!

Since im not going to do your homework for you maybe I will just refer you to Bomb's original post stating he expected Foreman to get the majority of the carries by the end of the season...how about we just start there, I mean it was his opinion I only asked him why he thought that.

About what I thought. You're full of sh*t per usual. You take bomb's opinion and extrapolate it out to " I've seen plenty of people stating that Foreman was the best running back in the spring game". You're a liar.

Do you aggys not bald face lie about ANYTHING anymore? I mean a single topic?

About what I thought. You're full of sh*t per usual. You take bomb's opinion and extrapolate it out to " I've seen plenty of people stating that Foreman was the best running back in the spring game". You're a liar.

Do you aggys not bald face lie about ANYTHING anymore? I mean a single topic?

People on the 247 board seemed to be very impressed with Foreman's scrimmage, I've seen several people post or acknowledge this and Bomb did as well. Why can't you speak to that instead of bname calling and claiming we are liars? Its right here in this thread why don't you acknowledge that?

People on the 247 board seemed to be very impressed with Foreman's scrimmage, I've seen several people post or acknowledge this and Bomb did as well.
Oh so now your bullsh*t crawfishing line is that some people were "impressed" not plenty were saying he was the best one. LOL. You're a joke, dude. And a bald faced liar.

Oh so now your bullsh*t crawfishing line is that some people were "impressed" not plenty were saying he was the best one. LOL. You're a joke, dude. And a bald faced liar.

So you don't agree with Bomb that Foreman may be taking the majority of the snaps by the end of the season? Are you just not interested in discussing the topic or am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing something. Not owning up to your complete lie. Which is usual for your low character fanbase.

Gray is going to have a great year btw. Foreman will take over the goal line duties from Cody Johnson and some spot duty and/or 4th quarter work. Catalon should also see some carries. Gray is the best we have though notwithstanding your complete dishonesty on the subject.

Yes, you're missing something. Not owning up to your complete lie. Which is usual for your low character fanbase.

Gray is going to have a great year btw. Foreman will take over the goal line duties from Cody Johnson and some spot duty and/or 4th quarter work. Catalon should also see some carries. Gray is the best we have though notwithstanding your complete dishonesty on the subject.

So if Gray is the best you got why did Bomb say he expected Foreman to be getting the majority of the carries by the end of the year, what did he see that made him feel that way? I beleive Gray is the best you have as well and thats with him not looking 100% (IMO). So let me ask you this, did you not think Foreman looked looked good and a guy that could be getting the majority of the carries at some point next season?

So if Gray is the best you got why did Bomb say he expected Foreman to be getting the majority of the carries by the end of the year, what did he see that made him feel that way? I beleive Gray is the best you have as well and thats with him not looking 100% (IMO). So let me ask you this, did you not think Foreman looked looked good and a guy that could be getting the majority of the carries at some point next season?

Foreman looked good in a few carries last season and bad in others. It will all be up to the OL and which zone package the team ends up going with. Gray is good to go....

Why does any of this matter? If the O line is doing their job Gray, Foreman, and Catalon will have good years. Running backs are not our problem right now.

It is hard to judge because just too many missing pieces at this point but some promise shown in Bonney,Jefferson,Heard will likely lead in years to come.As to Notre Dame,ND has always been Very strong upfront on both sides on the ball.With the spread,Texas will have a chance with its speed if the QB is on Target with his throws.I do not see Texas being able to overpower them with a running game.Yes,its about 4 months away from South Bend on National TV.

If Heard starts, I think we beat Notre Dame.

It’s apparent the new offense suits Swoopes better than what he played in last year, but I agree his stats should have been better going against the second team.

If Heard starts, I think we beat Notre Dame.

I think Swoopes has to start for you to have a shot to beat Notre Dame, after game 1 if you want to start working Heard in and let him get his feet wet against D1 comp then thats fine but game 1 may be setting him up for failure.

I think Swoopes has to start for you to have a shot to beat Notre Dame, after game 1 if you want to start working Heard in and let him get his feet wet against D1 comp then thats fine but game 1 may be setting him up for failure.

I don't believe it will be setting Heard up for failure, I think people over think such things. Swoopes is improving at a slow pimps pace, while Heard is a baller. I don't want to hear that Swoopes has all of a sudden improved, just because he was barely average against our 2nd and 3rd team defense. That dog don't hunt. Heard can move the chains, while Swoopes MAY hit a big play here and there. If Swoopes is starting against Notre Dame, I'm going to cry dry tears...I can't take another season of Swoopes.

Reactions: westx
I don't believe it will be setting Heard up for failure, I think people over think such things. Swoopes is improving at a slow pimps pace, while Heard is a baller. I don't want to hear that Swoopes has all of a sudden improved, just because he was barely average against our 2nd and 3rd team defense. That dog don't hunt. Heard can move the chains, while Swoopes MAY hit a big play here and there. If Swoopes is starting against Notre Dame, I'm going to cry dry tears...I can't take another season of Swoopes.

I agree with alot of what you're saying, it just seems that Swoopes was more comfortable in your passing game and i don't mean he was just more productive i mean that he executed the passing plays and looked more comfortable in the pocket in your spring game. If Notre Dame is able to stop the run which will be their game plann until you throw them out of that game plan then you will be relying on Heard in the passing game and scrambling to make plays. Seems risky

I would be willing to sacrifice a loss to notre dame (even though I dislike them), to get valuable reps in and have a very good look at what Heard can do. I would like to see how he handles certain situations or if he avoids being rattled...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT