ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban accuses a&m of buying entire 2022 recruiting class

Ok A&M fan, I'm going to preface this by saying there is nothing illegal about this, yet, but it just drives home the point more about how ridiculous Jimbo looks by trying to claim that money is not involved with players coming to A&M. This Nelson QB has been committed to OU then USC for quite a while now. No doubt NIL was involved at USC. Under what scenario would a guy from California and committed to USC have in coming to A&M right now other than solely for money? Jimbo hasn't developed QB's for the league besides thieving crab legs and crappy Mond. A&M hasn't won anything in the SEC and won't again this year? Someone help me out here. Is Nelson just using this to get more money from USC?
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3304566

Reactions: LonghornMM
Ok A&M fan, I'm going to preface this by saying there is nothing illegal about this, yet, but it just drives home the point more about how ridiculous Jimbo looks by trying to claim that money is not involved with players coming to A&M. This Nelson QB has been committed to OU then USC for quite a while now. No doubt NIL was involved at USC. Under what scenario would a guy from California and committed to USC have in coming to A&M right now other than solely for money? Jimbo hasn't developed QB's for the league besides thieving crab legs and crappy Mond. A&M hasn't won anything in the SEC and won't again this year? Someone help me out here. Is Nelson just using this to get more money from USC?

He must want to go into the military…

I'll explain for you in just one simple word....California state taxes!

I have to admit, if A&M stole USC’s qb it would be pretty funny, Riley has it coming. On a side note, I find it fascinating that the 2 coaches, Riley and Jimbo that have sleazed up NIL more than anyone in the country are now bitching about the nuances and inconsistencies of NIL. And lastly, Riley has lost his mind with quotes like this

Bell, your misplaced hard on for Riley is ridiculous. You're acing like scorned Cleveland fan burning Lebron's jersey after he left Cleveland. Riley is going to do great at SC, and he did great things at OU. Venables may or may not pan out. Time will tell on that hire.

Bell, your misplaced hard on for Riley is ridiculous. You're acing like scorned Cleveland fan burning Lebron's jersey after he left Cleveland. Riley is going to do great at SC, and he did great things at OU. Venables may or may not pan out. Time will tell on that hire.
Oh ok

I have to admit, if A&M stole USC’s qb it would be pretty funny, Riley has it coming. On a side note, I find it fascinating that the 2 coaches, Riley and Jimbo that have sleazed up NIL more than anyone in the country are now bitching about the nuances and inconsistencies of NIL. And lastly, Riley has lost his mind with quotes like this
I don’t see what’s wrong with this quote. What do you expect him to say. And it’s not like he’s wrong either, USC has been down recently but they won two nattys not too long ago. Most people still consider them a blue blood program.

I think Riley will do well there.

I don’t see what’s wrong with this quote. What do you expect him to say. And it’s not like he’s wrong either, USC has been down recently but they won two nattys not too long ago. Most people still consider them a blue blood program.

I think Riley will do well there.
You don't say? Coming from the guy that claims Venables has a cocaine problem, I wouldn’t expect anything else. So, you'd be ok with Sark saying the same thing? Chucklz, no you wouldn't. You'd say jeez, we're just coming off a losing record season, just like USC, why doesn't Sark wait until we've won a few games this year before running his mouth off. And nice try, Riley wasn't referring to all time records and accomplishments of those teams, he's referring to the here and now in terms of recruiting and what the projections are for this year. Of course Riley will do well IN CONFERENCE, just like he did at OU, who said he wouldn't? Define "well" in your opinion. Win some conference games? Win a championship? Define it. The question is how couldn't he do better this year than USC did last year? A monkey could have a winning season at USC.

And Yeah, Riley does deserve a little karma the way he tried to leave OU high and dry on his way out the door so if he does have some players poached I think it's funny as hell and well deserved. Venables did not take 1 player from Clemson on his way out the door. I find it funny that just recently Riley was saying that in the playoff beatdowns he experienced, he had the least talent on the field. We were obviously lacking on the defensive side of the ball, I'll gladly admit that but I wonder why Brent Venables isn't appearing to have any issues getting highly ranked players on both sides of the ball to OU. Not only that he's recruiting across the whole country when the naysayers said he'd only be able to take the leftovers from the state of Texas? LOL. Don't look now but your worst fears are fixing to materialize themselves under Venables and his staff. I'm already on record as saying that OU's offense will be better statistically under Venables in his first year than it was under Riley's 5th year in what Riley himself called his best team to date. Book it. The defense will be better this year but our Dline isn't where it needs to be talent wise, next year is the year that I expect it to start looking much different.

Last edited:
You don't say? Coming from the guy that claims Venables has a cocaine problem, I wouldn’t expect anything else. So, you'd be ok with Sark saying the same thing? Chucklz, no you wouldn't. You'd say jeez, we're just coming off a losing record season, just like USC, why doesn't Sark wait until we've won a few games this year before running his mouth off. And nice try, Riley wasn't referring to all time records and accomplishments of those teams, he's referring to the here and now in terms of recruiting and what the projections are for this year. Of course Riley will do well IN CONFERENCE, just like he did at OU, who said he wouldn't? Define "well" in your opinion. Win some conference games? Win a championship? Define it. The question is how couldn't he do better this year than USC did last year? A monkey could have a winning season at USC.

And Yeah, Riley does deserve a little karma the way he tried to leave OU high and dry on his way out the door so if he does have some players poached I think it's funny as hell and well deserved. Venables did not take 1 player from Clemson on his way out the door. I find it funny that just recently Riley was saying that in the playoff beatdowns he experienced, he had the least talent on the field. We were obviously lacking on the defensive side of the ball, I'll gladly admit that but I wonder why Brent Venables isn't appearing to have any issues getting highly ranked players on both sides of the ball to OU. Not only that he's recruiting across the whole country when the naysayers said he'd only be able to take the leftovers from the state of Texas? LOL. Don't look now but your worst fears are fixing to materialize themselves under Venables and his staff. I'm already on record as saying that OU's offense will be better statistically under Venables in his first year than it was under Riley's 5th year in what Riley himself called his best team to date. Book it. The defense will be better this year but our Dline isn't where it needs to be talent wise, next year is the year that I expect it to start looking much different.
You guys lost your 4 best defensive players from last year’s defense. If your defense is better then I will eat crow. But I just don’t see it. Winfrey, Asamoah, and Bonitto were big parts of that front 7. Thomas was also another good edge rusher you guys lost. Either way it’s going to come to fruition here in about 40 days.

You guys lost your 4 best defensive players from last year’s defense. If your defense is better then I will eat crow. But I just don’t see it. Winfrey, Asamoah, and Bonitto were big parts of that front 7. Thomas was also another good edge rusher you guys lost. Either way it’s going to come to fruition here in about 40 days.
Secondary and LB's will be better, the Dline will be ok but nothing to write home about imo. Ehtan Downs is a sophmore and is going to be very good this year, Marcus stripling will be good, Redmond and Coe on the interior will be good we just won't be real deep with experience this year

Reactions: westx
OK Aggie your board seems to think this is a done deal and Nelson seems to be playing the part so how much money you boys throwing this young man's way lol?
7t8z5vW.png

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornMM
You know how recruiting goes, it’s never over until they sign on that dotted line. I bet there will be some other flips happen once the season starts playing out.
Exactly. Sark better have a decent season and not look bad, otherwise we can kiss the nice little recruiting bye-bye.

If I heard right, Texas Tech is giving every player on the roster $25k, while every SMU player, football and basketball, will get $35k each.
Where does every player for Texas stand? What about each player on the aggy team? Or ou....

Reactions: weevilcatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT