ADVERTISEMENT

OT:ACM awards

CaptainZigZag

Jul 11, 2008
Uvalde TX
Bad news: littered with "bro country" acts
Good News: King George was on early so got the good stuff right up front
Potentially Disturbing : Tony Romo is up later and he doesnt excel at last minute performances
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Never been a big country music fan, but there is definitely a place for the Johnny Cash, Willie, Waylon, and George Straits of the world.

But this abortion that they trot out as country music these days is horrible.

I thought I was in the minority in my dislike for modern country. Thank God for sports radio because we hardly hear any King George, Alan Jackson, or even the likes of Randy Travis (who's life took a bad turn). Those guys and others had some damn good hits.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of modern country either. It's a bit too much like top 40 pop music but I guess that is what is keeping country music relevant. Rock n roll has been non existent for some time now. Supposedly modern rock stations are stuck in 85-95. Great music but it's classified as classic rock now.

Will NOT get into that skrillex or rave..techno...whatever you call it.

I thought I was in the minority as well. Country music today just sucks donkey balls.

I agree btw. At least Hag is still around and doing up big. Heck even Loretta Lynn was here in New Braunfels at Gruene Hall on Sat. and Sun. Sequin dresses and all and it was hot in the hall too.

11165086_428246284019832_8817527750010233968_n_zpszrjkl1fp.png

Give me Merle, Jones and Strait and Twitty

Hook'em

This post was edited on 4/20 4:00 AM by FlourBluffHorn

Belldozer- YES or just simply his music. More of just a jab at this new genre on country music: "bro country"

Originally posted by clob94:
I thought I was in the minority as well. Country music today just sucks donkey balls.
Agreed. Pop music with a twang.

I'll start off by saying I'm a Texas Country Music fan first and second. And in my opinion, 75% of popular country is close to pop music anyway. And I can remember my GrandMother watching Hee-Haw getting spitting mad because country music "wasn't the same any more" But I did dvr the ACM's and after sifting through some men in low cut shirts and skinny jeans I did find some good music. George Strait, Reba, a tribute to Randy Travis, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, and Brooks and Dunn.

Florida GA line is a joke, they should be pop boy band and not country.

The odds are that in the next 5 years we may lose Willie, Merle, that's in addition to the recent losses of Jones and Ray Price and buck Owens. Irreplaceable talent in my opinion and the guys that do follow in their footsteps don't get the airtime because they are "too country" as if there is such a thing. Sad

Jason Eady, Ryan Bingham, Wade Bowen and Hayes Carl are a few local guys who I would say keep things on the right path.

Nice list Falko. If you're interested in pure Texas dancehall music you can't really go wrong with jake Hooker IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT