ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Business Personal Property Taxation in Texas

nicole9849

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2011
Corpus Christi TX
My county tax appraisal district sent my business a letter stating the purported business personal property tax was levied at 75k and we are subject to the taxes owed on that 75k. I always knew they taxed for office furniture and other real property inside of the business but they happened to look at my yard and see our inventory of brick and stone. All said brick and stone on yard was ordered once I received purchase orders and were not from blanket orders (can't submit blanket orders anyhow due to supply/demand issue of brick anyhow). From my quick google search I see inventory, such as brick and stone, is subject to this tax???? How does one fight this? There's already slim profit margins on brick and then we are taxed on items that sit on our yard? Anyone else here who has a retail business with inventory dealt with this? Any thoughts? We are protesting and scheduling a hearing but I thought I would ask y'all (since OB knows everything).....might need to talk to a tax attorney....idk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News