ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ESPN reporter suspended for degrading rant

RoboCocks21

Sep 25, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I just want to know what you guys think.

texasLonghorns.png

Britt McHenry

Yeah she needs to be humbled. Show her the door. I'll let her cry on my shoulder though.

No,no one likes to get their car towed off and then pay $250.00 cash(usually) to get it back.She handled the situation wrong.If you stopped for lunch at a place to eat and came out and found your car towed off,would you be jumping for joy.

She doesn't deserve to be fired. I think the suspension is just punishment. That video was released and has gone viral because of her job, but I bet McHenry's rant doesn't even make the top 50 that that camera has seen.

I'm not usually into bitchy blondes, but from the looks of the shape of the top of her head, a plate of nachos would rest perfectly on the top of it. I'd have to see her back side in order to tell if I could set my beer down on it.

Originally posted by Cotton #12:
No,no one likes to get their car towed off and then pay $250.00 cash(usually) to get it back.She handled the situation wrong.If you stopped for lunch at a place to eat and came out and found your car towed off,would you be jumping for joy.
She should be fired. No I wouldn't be jumping for joy, but if I parked illegally then that's my own damn fault, it's definitely not the fault of the Cashier at the Towing company. If you want to bitch and feel you were screwed then talk to the owner of the company, not dress down the Cashier.

I hate rich, entitled, rude, I'm better than you people. I hope she loses here gig. She deserves to.

If you deserve to be fired for being a jerk, then there aren't very many people out there that deserve their jobs.

I think I would rather talk to the owner of the establishment she was eating at and who when cars are towed usually gets a money kickback from the towing company.Yes,her actions were wrong and she showed what a bitch is but the situation happened on her own time not company and should be a separate issue.If you are going to fire every woman who converts to a bitch in certain situations off the clock then you may have a long line.

I think I would rather talk to the owner of the establishment she was eating at and who when cars are towed usually gets a money kickback from the towing company.Yes,her actions were wrong and she showed what a bitch is but the situation happened on her own time not company and should be a separate issue.If you are going to fire every woman who converts to a bitch in certain situations off the clock then you may have a long line.

Most media contracts include a conduct clause, which applies outside of the workplace.

Agree. It's not as if she was there in a capacity for her job. Yes I realize the things you do off the clock can get you fired, but my point is about what she deservers. Her actions may get her fired, and ESPN is well within their rights to do so, but she in no way deserves to be fired because of this.

Like you said above there aren't many people that would have jobs if being a complete a$$hole for a few minutes would warrant losing their job. I doubt there are many in this thread that can say they haven't had a rant like this in their life. I know I can't.

It's strange that in today's world were so many people just destroy others behind the anonymity of the internet, that those same people would act so appalled over a relatively tame rant.

We do not have the contract in front of us so can we assume that the conduct issue outside of work did not apply to her since she was not fired.Now,she may have to sign one in the future.

Originally posted by bubba2023:

I doubt there are many in this thread that can say they haven't had a rant like this in their life. I know I can't.
You saying you're better than me?

We do not have the contract in front of us so can we assume that the conduct issue outside of work did not apply to her since she was not fired.
No, we can't assume that. We don't know either way. The fact that she wasn't fired isn't proof of anything at all. ESPN wouldn't be compelled to fire her if there were a conduct clause.

Her punishment should be to work a week at the towing yard. No excuse for behavior like that. Maybe she should not be fired, but a one week suspension is a joke. As was her apology!

I can't imagine people are going to want her in their locker rooms, at their pressers, etc. She has made her bed and unfortunately for HER, all of the apologies and good will aren't going to change peoples opinion.

She definitely won't be doing any SEC events.....toothless people hold grudges.

Originally posted by oldschoolcat:

I can't imagine people are going to want her in their locker rooms, at their pressers, etc. She has made her bed and unfortunately for HER, all of the apologies and good will aren't going to change peoples opinion.

She definitely won't be doing any SEC events.....toothless people hold grudges.
I don't think this affects her ability to do her job one iota. Her job is to look hot on the sidelines. She's a quasi celebrity and good looking and got caught screwing up, so the general public is happy to see her burn at the stake because we like to see celebrities fall.

The latest interweb stuff on this is blasting the tow company and how they extort people. Have towed cars with children still in the car and animals in the car and wouldn't allow the owners to take them out.

NO excuse for ever acting that foolish. But apparently the unedited version of this video makes the two company look quite bad too. And their track record is starting to get lots of bad pub.

Originally posted by bubba2023:
If you deserve to be fired for being a jerk, then there aren't very many people out there that deserve their jobs.
Have you ever been a jerk to that extent, with those types of comments? What is that about your true character shining when no one is (or at least you don't think anyone is) around? Is THAT the true character ESPN wants to employ?

She should be fired. Yes, we have all acted like asses, but we aren't in a high profile ESPN or TV gig like she is. Yes, the standards are different. There are plenty of other hot blondes who would love a TV gig. Let her get put in her place. Wish the toothless wonder would have jumped across the counter and beat her little arrogant ass up. THAT would have been classic.

The market -- or, rather, ESPN/Disney's predictions as to the market effects of retaining her versus firing her (including brand/reputational effects) -- will determine whether or not she keeps her job, just as when any other privately-employed high-visibility figure makes comments heard by and offensive to a significant share of the public.

You can take issue with what people find to be offensive if you like, but ESPN/Disney's move will ultimately be an amoral, business-driven decision (though perhaps dressed in moralistic language), just as one would expect from a profit-maximizing enterprise.

That pic is awesome Robo...looks like a Jersey will horns if ya look at the face...but you could use this as the Logo for Longhorn Chocolate Milk! and make a fortune....

Hoo'em

Originally posted by Scholz:

I hate rich, entitled, rude, I'm better than you people. I hope she loses here gig. She deserves to.
Sorry, but I just have to pause here.

She throws around her superior education.

She calls a person toothless.

She makes fun of someone in a trailer.

She uses the term "scumbag"

confused0006.r191677.gif

Who cares, she is only on tv because she is hot.

If you work in an industry that is widely viewed to be unethical you should expect the tongue lashings.

That being said - that TV reporter is a real ****.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Attempting to use your status (I work in the News) to get her out of the mess she put herself in or possibly put herself in is what ESPN should look at. Also the continuous bullying she did to the employee and the last tid bit of her adding the employees weight to the conversation. I agree everyone loses it once in awhile but there are repercussions for your actions. If there is enough backlash through mainstream media and social she'll get fired, if not then the 1 week suspension will stand.
This post was edited on 4/20 1:25 PM by LongfellowDrew

Originally posted by LongfellowDrew:
Attempting to use your status (I work in the News) to get her out of the mess she put herself in or possibly put herself in is what ESPN should look at. Also the continuous bullying she did to the employee and the last tid bit of her adding the employees weight to the conversation. I agree everyone loses it once in awhile but there are repercussions for your actions. If there is enough backlash through mainstream media and social she'll get fired, if not then the 1 week suspension will stand.
This post was edited on 4/20 1:25 PM by LongfellowDrew
Even if she isn't fired, she has likely permanently f*cked her career as she'd dreamt of it. You're nothing in any kind of news (or "news") arena if you can't build a rapport with your viewers because, for instance, they're just thinking about what a disgusting, demeaning, classist, narcissistic piece of trash you are every time they see your face.

If ESPN retains her, they'll hide her away and she'll never meaningfully advance. No other organization is going to offer her a way to advance her career to any significant degree, if at all, either. She'll forever be associated with "I'm in the news, sweetheart," "Lose some weight, baby girl," and the rest of it. I'm sure she's already the subject of some internet memes. She's damaged goods, and she has no rare, irreplaceable talent. Thousands of attractive women can be trained to stand on sidelines and formulate questions a fourth-grader could conjure up. No need to take any risk with a toxic asset like her when she's completely interchangeable with a limitless number of potential replacements.

This post was edited on 4/20 4:10 PM by BringBackRoyal

ADVERTISEMENT