ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by radmanmadman:
I've never seen one, but I do believe there are spiritual beings. I've encountered feeling the presence of something evil, the devil perhaps, scared the livin' crap out of me, I called out the name of Jesus and told the SOB to get the F out and he did, it was gone as fast as it "appeared".

More to the story, but don't feel like getting into the details, still creeps me out to think about it as it was a low point in my life. Thank you Jesus for savin' my life!
My wife had an experience with a demon that will send chills down your spine. It still freaks me out to this day.

Now ghosts are different. As a kid, weird things would happen around the house. Turns out that it was the ghost of the husband who built that house, but died before his wife. A few months of this stuff happening, it stopped. Found out later my mom talked to him and told him to 'go on, she died'...apparently, he was looking for his wife and didn't know she died. Every now and then, something weird happens, like doors closing or opening when NO ONE was in the house with you.

Another freaky thing happened when a distant cousin's wife died of a very aggressive breast cancer. The funeral was lively, to say the least. I'll never forget that.

Originally posted by tysonsmalek:
In 1994 my family lost a wonderful little boy to leukemia (my cousin). My Aunt and Uncle ended up having more children and one of them saw Colton and talked to him all the time. This kid was too young to know how to or to even want to make up these conversations. Kind of creepy.

I know lots of people who claim to have either had a ghost in their home or have seen one. I'm sure they're out there and I don't even want to see one. When I walk out of dark rooms I always give a little extra spring in my step to get out and shut the door because I'm always convinced there is someone in there looking at me.
lol me too. When I'm locking up at night, I definitely get out quick.

I've got an uncle who owns a lot of farming land in Kaufman County. Back in the late 40's there was a man who worked for my Uncles dad and lived in one of the houses on the land. Well, times got rough and the guy got fired from job. He went to his house to tell his wife and two kids and snapped somewhere along the way. He got his gun out of his truck and went into the house and killed all three before shooting himself.

Skip to the early 90's. Me and my cousin are riding our 4-wheelers all over the property having fun and we come up on this house. It's dusk, not too much light left around. We drive up to the front of the house and shine our headlights in the front window of the house and there are still pictures on the walls and furniture in the living room. It's dirty as hell and the house is rundown, nobody had lived there since the tragedy.

We had shut off the engines and my cousin is trying to dare me to go into the house. We hear creaking inside, like someone is walking down the stairs. I'm not kidding, a black shadowy figure that looks to be a man steps right up to the window. My cousin and I were about 15 at the time. He screamed and jumped off the back of his 4 wheeler and took off running. I had the mind to start up my 4 wheeler and spin it around and take off. I picked him up and we left. Left his 4wheeler at the house and went back to my uncle's house.

We told him what happened and we all got into his truck and went back to fetch the 4wheeler. On the way my uncle told us about the stories of people who had seen ghosts of the family inside the house, that the dad was protective of the property and sometimes the farmers would see the kids on the front porch.

When we got to the farm you could hear what sounded like footsteps inside the house. I don't think I slept for a week.

Originally posted by tamarahorn:
i didnt used to believe in ghosts, then i had a couple of encounters myself.

Cuevas,
If the ghost is bothering you and you feel like it doesnt have bad intentions towards you, i would say something to it when you sense it. maybe ask it to find peace or whatever you think is appropriate. i think they can hear you, or in some way understand your intentions. for me, i couldnt live in a house with a ghost, no matter how friendly.

but anyways, my stories.

after my mom passed away, she definitely stayed around for a little while. she had cancer and passed away at home. she didnt want to leave her 2 daughters. i kept having a problem with my car locks all the time. i finally had a talk and it all stopped.

i also saw a ghost on southwest parkway in south austin about a 1/2 mile from the intersection with camp ben road. it was standing in the road looking at a roadside cross on Valentines day about 9pm at night, about 2004. i came around a slight curve and drove right thru it. my dog was in the seat next to me and she was always very calm in the car. she was laying down but she sat up right away and i couldnt get her to sit down for about 10 minutes.
it scared the heck out of me to say the least. i called my boyfriend right away, convinced it was a bad omen. i was driving to see him in lakeway.
it was definitley looking down at the cross from the road. i think it was a man. it was slightly glowing, or had an effervesense to it.

i wouldnt drive thru there at night for 3 years, because i didnt know what would happen if i saw it again. even when i think about it now, it gives me a very very sad feeling, dont know why exactly.

now they have taken down the roadside cross and are building a middle school on the land it sat in front of.

I'm curious where exactly you are talking about. I grew up and still live in southwest Austin. You mention Southwest Parkway intersecting with Camp Ben, but I think you must mean Slaughter Lane, not Southwest Parkway. They are building a middle school at the corner of Camp Ben (1826) and Slaughter. I've driven that way many times at night and luckily I've never seen anything like what you've seen. By the way, I drive Slaughter to work every day (My office is on 290 near Dripping Springs and I live off of Slaughter) and just noticed yesterday that a cross has been placed back right off the street where the middle school is at. It has to be the one you were talking about because I don't think it's been there since they started building the school.

I've never experienced anything like all of you have mentioned in this thread. Although my Grandma claims Grandpa used to come by and visit after his death. That being said, after reading all these stories I am really glad I sleep with The Holy Bible, a shotgun, and all 3 of my dogs by my bed!

one time me and couple homies were kickin it and passed out after a while,anyway recently our homie jessie had died from a car wreck and it was still all very fresh on our minds being that we were with him right before he died so we kinda blammed ourselves for it.anyway i wake up and my homie who is sittin next to me wakes up too and our buddy jessie is sittin there lookn at us in his spot he usually sat in,i lean forward and asked outloud wtf jessie? he looked at us gets up a walks down the hallway and disappears trippy shit man and was so weird about it all was my homie's little brother who was like 3 was said later jessie was here earlier he was playing cars with me.
This post was edited on 6/9 4:50 PM by hookem19852003

Originally posted by TEX(AUS):
192_large.jpg

This beyotch is full of crap. She said that little boy that had disappeared in Missouri was dead. Turns out they found him a bit later.

I don't know if it was fatigue, but one morning, about ten years ago, I could've sworn I felt something settle on my bed. I kept pinching myself, hoping I wouldn't feel it, but I did. Not a dream. Maybe it's soemthing artificial that our minds manifest, that's my only explanation (if it's not ghosts)) We don't use all of our minds,right?

It's interesting the number of these stories that tell of dogs seeing something that we cannot see. Just another reason to own a dog!

My 5 month old puppy started barking incessantly inside the house for no apparent reason the other night. He has never done that before or since. For a few seconds I wondered if he was seeing something I could not see and if he could what it could be and did it intend me any harm. In the end I decided he was just being a stupid puppy. That made me feel better anyway.

Originally posted by LongToothHorn:
It's interesting the number of these stories that tell of dogs seeing something that we cannot see. Just another reason to own a dog!

My 5 month old puppy started barking incessantly inside the house for no apparent reason the other night. He has never done that before or since. For a few seconds I wondered if he was seeing something I could not see and if he could what it could be and did it intend me any harm. In the end I decided he was just being a stupid puppy. That made me feel better anyway.

+1.. plus last night i couldnt sleep for nothing.. and i had my dogs right next to me in the bed..

Originally posted by babyshoe:
I worked on that airfield for the last 3 years. I've visited that site quite a few times. It's spooky.
Are you sure the green you saw wasn't the Aurora Borealis?
No, I'm certain it was something else. This was most definitely near the ground, perhaps four to six feet up. And it was perfectly round. I watched at it for a long time and it never moved. There were no signs that anyone was out there. There may be an explanation for it, but I certainly don't have one. I guess the fact that it was at the crash site is what has me convinced it was supernatural.

I'll elaborate a little bit more about my wife's story although she could tell it better than I could. My wife moved to Austin from Atlanta, GA 20yrs ago to be closer with her mother's family, whom live here in Texas...they're spread out from Waco,Austin, San Antonio, Pearsall and inbetween thru Del Rio. Having been brought up to be a 'strong woman', she's very opinionated and very willful. I'll leave it at that. She was also brought up in the Catholic faith. Now, some things happened in her life from childhood thru college that really damaged her faith in God..she was angry for a long time. When she and I met, I wasn't into going to Church all the time although I'd drop in somewhere from time to time..if only to appease my mother when she'd ask, "Are you going to Church?".. Anyway, she was very angry and despised God and was not afraid to let anyone know it. Her accounting of events prior to the 'THING', was that strange people were always asking her "Where to do go to Church?" or "Who's your pastor?" stuff like that.. Being in her mindset, you can imagine what might have come out of mouth as these people.. So, she's staying with her Great Aunt Eunice before she gets her own place... Her accounting as I remember her telling me: After a long week of running into people asking her about God and Church and such, she goes to sleep one evening. She remembers the house getting really quiet and cold and she hears creaking in her room as if someone had just stood there.. She remembers feeling this 'evil' presence...she described it as evil, hatred, mocking, laughing presence... she heard it growl and purr at her. She couldn't see it directly, but it was just a black presence.. the way it jumped on her bed reminded her of her cat.. She said she tried to sit up to get out of the room, but it slammed her back on the bed with it's front feet/paws and then sat or pressed on her. She said it kept purring at her as it pressed on her chest..she couldn't breathe and she couldn't move..she said it felt like it trying to press it's face over hers..she could feels it's breathe and smell it.. So, she did the only thing she could..she cried out in Jesus' name and just kept at it in her mind until she could catch her breathe enough to yell it out loud.. Eventually the pressure eased and the presence went away, but not like it fled at the mere mention of his name, more like, "Get your sh*t together or else I'll be back." That's how she took it..as a warning to her to going down the path that she was on.. I get the chills everytime I think about it.

Originally posted by GDforHC:

192_large.jpg

This beyotch is full of crap. She said that little boy that had disappeared in Missouri was dead. Turns out they found him a bit later.

I don't know if it was fatigue, but one morning, about ten years ago, I could've sworn I felt something settle on my bed. I kept pinching myself, hoping I wouldn't feel it, but I did. Not a dream. Maybe it's soemthing artificial that our minds manifest, that's my only explanation (if it's not ghosts)) We don't use all of our minds,right?

i agree. and it's not that hard to do what she does and claim yourself a psychic. just ONCE i wish someone would ask a question with no wiggle room. "can you give me my dead mother's name?" not, "my mother died of cancer three years ago, how is she doing?"

that said, i tend to believe in ghosts. my grandmother said she saw my granfather in a vision a month to the day after he died. she does not make things up.

When I was in HS, an incredibly strange, months long experience happened to some close family friends. The wife worked for my parents and had for darn near 20 years. Her husband was a minister and she was as straight laced as you can get. Very nice lady, but prim and proper like all get out. They had a daughter a year older than me and another who was a year younger than my sister. So, we were all friends and went to school together.

Well, they decided to move closer to town and sold the house they'd had way out on the boonies. The couple they bought from were very eager to sell their house and Marla & Ricky got an insane deal. Big house, lots of land, close to town. Well, as soon as they moved in, weird things began to happen. Marla loved perfume and had quite the perfume collection. She had a shelf in her bathroom where she kept all her perfumes. Well, she'd walk in the bathroom and the bottles would all be lying face down in a perfect row. She'd set them back up, thinking the girls were being "cute", then come back to the bathroom later and they'd be face down again. When it happened the first time that she was home alone, she started to get freaked out.

Then, they started having electronics that would turn on and off. The tv, the stereo, kitchen appliances..... Channels would change on the tv while they were watching it w/o anyone holding the remote. Things would go missing then show up right where they were supposed to be. Lights would turn on and off w/o explanation. The breaking point happened one night after they'd been in the house 3 or 4 months. The girls had grown increasingly frightened and had begun to sleep together in the same bed. In the eldest's room, her light was from a ceiling fan hanging directly over her bed. The only way to turn it on was by a pull string. The girls went to bed around 10 pm that night (along w/ their parents). They laid there chatting for a while. After they stopped talking, they started to fall asleep. Then all of a sudden, their light "clicked" on. They opened their eyes and the cord to the light was swinging back & forth. They started screaming wildly and ran into their parents' room. Freaked out and fed up, they hurridly packed their things and left to stay w/ friends.

The next day Ricky told his buddies that they'd had enough and were moving out, that the place was haunted. His buddies had heard the stories over the preceeding months, but thought it was all coincidence. Well, they ribbed him pretty good and said they'd stay out at the house over the weekend and would figure out what's going on. Needless to say, none of them believed it was ghost related.

Well, that weekend, Ricky and 4 or 5 of his buddies camped out at the house. The plan was pack up stuff, spend the night, then move everything out of the house the next day. That night, the same stuff started happening. A tv came on w/o explanation. Lights clicked on and off for no reason. A couple of the guys got pretty spooked and left, deciding not to spend the night. The 3 that remained helped pack then went to bed. During the night several things happened, but I honestly can't remember what they were. The next morning, they discovered something strange. During the course of their clean up the prior day, a broom had been broken in half and had been thrown in the trash. The next morning, the broom had been put back together and was propped up against the wall. Everyone freaked out and the entire house emptied out.....all the stuff left behind. I don't remember how or when they got the house emptied, but I know there were a bunch of ol' burly hunter dudes that were running around town scared out of their minds at what they'd witnessed out there at their house. They lost a ton of money on the sale of the house and the purchase of another, so I know they weren't making it up for show. Very weird stuff!

192_large.jpg

i agree. and it's not that hard to do what she does and claim yourself a psychic. just ONCE i wish someone would ask a question with no wiggle room. "can you give me my dead mother's name?" not, "my mother died of cancer three years ago, how is she doing?"

that said, i tend to believe in ghosts. my grandmother said she saw my granfather in a vision a month to the day after he died. she does not make things up.

I believe it's possible that someone could have psychic powers, just not her. This "do you know a Mike/John" stuff works on the idoits.

That guy on Maury seems to know what h'es doing though.

I used to watch some of John Edwards' stuff. Some of those episodes are pretty interesting/freaky.

I never bought in to John Edwards, or any other psychic.

They are good at what they do, but they are illusionist with words, and masters at the power of suggestion.

A while back my girlfriend asked me to go to the zoo, a weird eerie voice came from my mouth I can't explain. I think it said something like okay. This is really weird because she had not performed or promised to perform anything freaky lately. Along the way we stop to look at reclining couches, this is really creepy because we don't live in a mobile home. I really can't explain it. Anyway we leave the couch store and stop to eat at this chicken n waffle place that I ate at the other day and weird as $hit the damn waffle place isn't in the same spot it was the other day. I am really spooked because I can smell maple sizzrup on the concrete. Anyway we finally get to the zoo and everything is normal till we get to the seal exhibit. I'm watching the big seals get fed while out of the corner of my eye something catches my attention. It is the cutest baby seal you've ever seen, weird thing is its like the little baby seal is floating in mid air. Anyway I started talking to him, I was like hi little baby seal...and I swear to you he spoke to me, he said fuk bob stoops, it was then I noticed the poor baby seals head had been bashed in by what looked like a Louisville slugger. We left immediately, I'm still shaken by it all. Please pray for me.
This post was edited on 6/9 12:44 PM by HHWT

I don't know whether there are ghosts or not. Wouldn't be shocked either way.

I have three comments about this thread:

1. Several individuals on this thread claim to have had numerous encounters. Then there are people like me who have never had one. Is this coincidence, a result of some people being more receptive to spiritual things, or a result of some people having over-active imaginations or just being a little crazy? I can't say, but I do know that I have been in old graveyards, old houses, and places where deaths have occurred, and I have never seen or heard anything I thought was a ghost.

2. Several of the posters tell of very strange and frightening events and then say they continued to live in the house or turned over and went back to sleep. WTF? This makes me wonder if the person's memory is a little embellished. Because if what they say happened to them happened to me, I guarantee I would not turn over and go back to sleep and I have a hard time believing anyone could. Not calling anyone a liar, just saying I don't understand it.

3. The guy who posted about the satan worshiper needs to inform the police.

Reactions: DropShot_7
Originally posted by hotlantahorn:
I never bought in to John Edwards, or any other psychic.

They are good at what they do, but they are illusionist with words, and masters at the power of suggestion.

Is that the guy's name? He is either a very good actor or something is there. His sheet is way freakier than Sylvia Brown.

Originally posted by TexasRN:

1. Several individuals on this thread claim to have had numerous encounters. Then there are people like me who have never had one. Is this coincidence, a result of some people being more receptive to spiritual things, or a result of some people having over-active imaginations or just being a little crazy? I can't say, but I do know that I have been in old graveyards, old houses, and places where deaths have occurred, and I have never seen or heard anything I thought was a ghost.

2. Several of the posters tell of very strange and frightening events and then say they continued to live in the house or turned over and went back to sleep. WTF? This makes me wonder if the person's memory is a little embellished. Because if what they say happened to them happened to me, I guarantee I would not turn over and go back to sleep and I have a hard time believing anyone could. Not calling anyone a liar, just saying I don't understand it.

1. I think some people are more inclined to be drawn to the supernatural, as some places are.

2. Some people are just stubborn as hell and tough it out. I mean, is the ghost going to physically hurt you? If not , why leave when you may already have alot invested in the house.

I bet you're a skeptic and really don't believe. Sounds like you're mocking some of the stories and that's cool. Some people could just be making things up because they're bored.

you're a nurse right? I think you'd appreciate this link:

Gets better the further you go.

When I bought the place I'm sitting in (home/office on Route 1 in Maine), right after closing, the seller said, "Now you get to deal with the ghost." However, I have yet to meet "the ghost" after 11-12 years here.

Also bought an old cape about 20 miles inland a few years back—built in 1790, attached barn—and same deal: come to find out (after closing) it was home to a ghost named Lydia who hung out in the cellar. Supposedly. Because I never met Lydia, though I went looking for her.

A friend up here, meanwhile, used to own an 1800s sea captain's house near the harbor of a neighboring town. Whenever he'd have guests with children staying there, a woman would appear on the stairs at night carrying a tray of milk and cookies?a plump black woman wearing 19th-century nanny attire. Very friendly, would smile and greet late-to-bed guests, who assumed she was part of an elaborate prank or something. But no prank. She would only appear if kids were around.

My dear ol' mom died three years ago in Austin. On her deathbed, she'd see interesting people none of the rest of us could see. E.g., she saw a little boy sitting in the corner of the room (not uncommon, from what I hear). Another time she saw a tall old gray-haired guy with a mustache standing at the foot of her bed. He even told her his name: "Fernie." Weird name, Ma. "He says it's short for 'Ferdinand.'" Well, when my sister heard this story soon after, her eyes got wide—seems down the block from her, on the other side of town, lived a tall old gray-haired man with a mustache named Ferdinand who went by "Fernie." She was sure she'd never mentioned him to our folks. Thing is, he'd died a couple months before.

That's all I've got.

Hook 'em.

1. I think some people are more inclined to be drawn to the supernatural, as some places are.

2. Some people are just stubborn as hell and tough it out. I mean, is the ghost going to physically hurt you? If not , why leave when you may already have alot invested in the house.

I bet you're a skeptic and really don't believe. Sounds like you're mocking some of the stories and that's cool. Some people could just be making things up because they're bored.

you're a nurse right? I think you'd appreciate this link:

There have been some mocking posts on this thread. Mine is not one of them. I guess I am a bit of a skeptic because I've never experienced anything myself and nobody I know has. However, I would not mock because I definitely believe it is possible, and in fact, I'm a bit jealous I have not gotten a glimpse of this part of our world. I assure you that I would be happy, not sad, to confirm that ghosts exist.

Originally posted by texashero:
When I bought the place I'm sitting in (home/office on Route 1 in Maine), right after closing, the seller said, "Now you get to deal with the ghost." However, I have yet to meet "the ghost" after 11-12 years here.

Also bought an old cape about 20 miles inland a few years back?built in 1790, attached barn?and same deal: come to find out (after closing) it was home to a ghost named Lydia who hung out in the cellar. Supposedly. Because I never met Lydia, though I went looking for her.

A friend up here, meanwhile, used to own an 1800s sea captain's house near the harbor of a neighboring town. Whenever he'd have guests with children staying there, a woman would appear on the stairs at night carrying a tray of milk and cookies?a plump black woman wearing 19th-century nanny attire. Very friendly, would smile and greet late-to-bed guests, who assumed she was part of an elaborate prank or something. But no prank. She would only appear if kids were around.

My dear ol' mom died three years ago in Austin. On her deathbed, she'd see interesting people none of the rest of us could see. E.g., she saw a little boy sitting in the corner of the room (not uncommon, from what I hear). Another time she saw a tall old gray-haired guy with a mustache standing at the foot of her bed. He even told her his name: "Fernie." Weird name, Ma. "He says it's short for 'Ferdinand.'" Well, when my sister heard this story soon after, her eyes got wide?seems down the block from her, on the other side of town, lived a tall old gray-haired man with a mustache named Ferdinand who went by "Fernie." She was sure she'd never mentioned him to our folks. Thing is, he'd died a couple months before.

That's all I've got.

Hook 'em.

Don't they have to disclose the "ghost " before you sign?

Read the nursing ghost thread. Eerie how similar some of the stories are.

1. Several individuals on this thread claim to have had numerous encounters. Then there are people like me who have never had one. Is this coincidence, a result of some people being more receptive to spiritual things, or a result of some people having over-active imaginations or just being a little crazy? I can't say, but I do know that I have been in old graveyards, old houses, and places where deaths have occurred, and I have never seen or heard anything I thought was a ghost..

No doubt I have an over active imagination. but what does over-active mean?

there is so much about our cognitive processes that we cannot understand, and so much to learn about how we interact with parallel dimensions. what we see as reality is just our evolutionary interpretation of clusters of energy in one three-dimensional plane.

there could be a correlation with people who have "over active" imaginations and the ability to somehow tap into these energy forms, but that does not mean that the relationship is CAUSAL.

Its a chicken/egg thing.

I know that ghosts are among us the same way that I know dogs or cats or cars or hummingbirds are among us.
Do I expect you to take my word for it? Absolutely not. That would make me a ridiculous individual. When you have an experience with the supernatural....you will understand.

the terror doesn't come until your "real" brain kicks back in to shut down the little masquerade into wherever it was you were heading. That is what your brain does....its job is to protect you.

Your body doesn't feel the same for starters. You operate differently. Crazier than any drug, and almost calming in its newness. Like you are connected somehow to something that is so much larger in respect to any earthly connection you have ever felt before. I have heard many say the same thing about the birth of a child, which makes perfect sense.

If you have a child, think about how vulnerable you felt, how everything changed instantaneously and had new meaning. Like your eyes were opened to this process that had to be felt personally to truly understand.

One of the things I am looking most forward to in death is understanding things like this.

I don't think they have to disclose a "ghost" as such, but I thought they had to disclose the fact that someone had died in the house.

Perhaps some of our real estate OB's could enlighten.

Originally posted by aldelgreco:

1. Several individuals on this thread claim to have had numerous encounters. Then there are people like me who have never had one. Is this coincidence, a result of some people being more receptive to spiritual things, or a result of some people having over-active imaginations or just being a little crazy? I can't say, but I do know that I have been in old graveyards, old houses, and places where deaths have occurred, and I have never seen or heard anything I thought was a ghost..

No doubt I have an over active imagination. but what does over-active mean?

there is so much about our cognitive processes that we cannot understand, and so much to learn about how we interact with parallel dimensions. what we see as reality is just our evolutionary interpretation of clusters of energy in one three-dimensional plane.

there could be a correlation with people who have "over active" imaginations and the ability to somehow tap into these energy forms, but that does not mean that the relationship is CAUSAL.

Its a chicken/egg thing.

I know that ghosts are among us the same way that I know dogs or cats or cars or hummingbirds are among us.
Do I expect you to take my word for it? Absolutely not. That would make me a ridiculous individual. When you have an experience with the supernatural....you will understand.

the terror doesn't come until your "real" brain kicks back in to shut down the little masquerade into wherever it was you were heading. That is what your brain does....its job is to protect you.

Your body doesn't feel the same for starters. You operate differently. Crazier than any drug, and almost calming in its newness. Like you are connected somehow to something that is so much larger in respect to any earthly connection you have ever felt before. I have heard many say the same thing about the birth of a child, which makes perfect sense.

If you have a child, think about how vulnerable you felt, how everything changed instantaneously and had new meaning. Like your eyes were opened to this process that had to be felt personally to truly understand.

One of the things I am looking most forward to in death is understanding things like this.

Great post. Thanks for your insight.

its sad that the best thread in weeks on this board is about dead people

OK, I'll contribute something that has something to do with UT and ghosts. I had a teacher in High School that became a great friend, confidant, & mentor to me- too bad we don't have more teachers like that today! Anyway, Jay was a UT Grad from around '67-'68 time frame and he knew I was obsessed with going to UT and helped mentor me while I was trying to get into UT. I used to ask him about Austin, going to UT, what was it like during the '60's, yada, yada, yada.

So anyway, one day my friend is telling me one day about when he and his room mate were moving into this duplex of campus in Austin. All of the neighbors were just staring at them as they were moving their furniture from the U-Haul into the duplex. Not a single person spoke to them or even smiled at them- the neighbors just looked at these guys as if they were "ghouls" or "were nuts" or something.

Well, they get moved into the place and right from the start stuff starts happening. The typical stuff of initally keys getting misplaced and then found where that had been searched before where folks thought they left their keys. TV's coming on. Stereos coming on in the middle of the night with the volume at full blast.

As time grew on, glasses would begin to move on the tables. Then heavy College books began to move on the shelves. Well, that escalated to glasses floating, books floating, and then being heaved across the room,

As time continued, finally the neighbors warmed-up to my buddy and his room mate. One of the neighbors asked, "just out of curiosity, does anything weird ever happen in that place?" My buddy replies, "Well, funny you ask- YES, but why do you ask?"

The neighbor replies, "Because that is where Charles Whitman lived when he shot all of those people on the Tower."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT