Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
Was announced today and two Longhorns are on the list:

Jamaal Charles: first time ballot
Steve McMichael: senior candidate

Good luck to them!
Hook Em

Reactions: freeper and westx
They still haven’t put Darren Woodson in either. He’s one of the biggest snubs of the last 20 years.

I think there's a lot of resentments towards the cowboys on the Hof committee and I think it's been going on for a long time.

I think there's a lot of resentments towards the cowboys on the Hof committee and I think it's been going on for a long time.
Heck, Bill Bates can't even make the Cowboys Ring of Honor. Did not get more Cowboy than Bates. Jones is the problem with the HOFresentments and the Ring of Honor resentments

Reactions: oldhorn2
Heck, Bill Bates can't even make the Cowboys Ring of Honor. Did not get more Cowboy than Bates. Jones is the problem with the HOFresentments and the Ring of Honor resentments
Back in the day Tom and Tex didn't do anything to get players like Chuck Howley, Cliff Harris, and Rayfield Wright in the Hof. They finally got in the senior class but it shouldn't have happened that way. Tom worked to get Mel Renfro in but that's it. You know in some ways Tom and Tex only cared about themselves.

And Jerry hasn't been any better. Look the best players got in their first year of eligibility guys like Irvin, Smith, Aikman, and Allen. He didn't need to do anything. But like 722 said he's done nothing for Woodson.

Oh well

Bill Bates is not deserving of the ring of honor. He's one of my favorite Cowboys of all time, but he was nothing more than a special teams player. And Jerry Jones has zero say in who gets in the hall of fame.

Bill Bates is not deserving of the ring of honor. He's one of my favorite Cowboys of all time, but he was nothing more than a special teams player. And Jerry Jones has zero say in who gets in the hall of fame.
Who decides who gets in the ring of Honor then? I’d have to think the owner of the teamhas a big say so. Bates the first pro bowl special teams player but was also a pretty decent safety/linebacker hybrid

Last edited:
Who decides who gets in the ring of Honor then? I’d have to think the owner of the teamhas a big say so. Bates the first pro bowl special teams player but was also a pretty decent safety/linebacker hybrid
Bill Bates isn't worthy of the ring of honor or hall of fame. The keyword to all of what you said was decent. That's not good enough to get in. If that were the standard to get in the there's 100's of guys who should be in. All the guys in the hall or ring of honor are guys who made multiple all pro teams. Bates never made an all pro team.

Listen a lot of players and owners lobbied to get their players and teammates in. AL Davis, the Rooney family, and Jim Brown used their influence to get their guys in. I'm taking about the ones who weren't shoe ins. And I'm not certain but I think Jerry lobbied for Jimmy Johnson and Gil Brandt. Those guys had a lot of enemies it took longer than it should have to get in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT