ADVERTISEMENT

OT Star Wars question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Bwub60:
I dont see how you put anyone of the sith ahead of Darth Bane
What about Darth Maul? He basically whipped two Jedi at once. Of course, he didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the galaxy.

Originally posted by uberhorn:
I just finished Labyrinth of Evil and I'm in the middle of Shadows of the Empire. Found them both at Half Price Books and both are excellent. I rewatched Episodes 2 & 3 then read Labyrinth of Evil which takes place between the two films. It really ties both movies together. Shadows of the Empire takes place between Episodes 5 & 6. So far I'm enjoying it.
Try "Heir to the Empire" and the other 4 or 5 books by Timothy Zahn.

Best extended universe books out there.

By the way, Luke is the most powerful Force user ever.

He might not have the knowledge, but his power is beyond any other.

Originally posted by lilMAC:
Originally posted by uberhorn:
I just finished Labyrinth of Evil and I'm in the middle of Shadows of the Empire. Found them both at Half Price Books and both are excellent. I rewatched Episodes 2 & 3 then read Labyrinth of Evil which takes place between the two films. It really ties both movies together. Shadows of the Empire takes place between Episodes 5 & 6. So far I'm enjoying it.
Try "Heir to the Empire" and the other 4 or 5 books by Timothy Zahn.

Best extended universe books out there.

The Thrawn Trilogy is excellent. I think that's what you're referring to when you mention Timothy Zahn and his books. Some people have speculated that if there were to be 3 more Star Wars movies with Luke and the gang, that The Thrawn Trilogy would be them.

My personal favorite expanded universe books were The New Jedi Order series. Really good. The Yuuzhan Vong were bad MF'ers. I'm currently reading the Legacy of the Force series with details Anakin Solo's fall to the dark side. Good stuff too.

Thrawn series also includes2 book Hand of Thrawn series. Good stuff as well. The other series with Jacen, Benand Luke is great. Getting back to Luke as a central character was a Great move.

Someone explain the Midi count for me? Anakin's was basically double Luke's, which makes sense because Luke's mom wasn't a jedi.

Originally posted by GDforHC:
Originally posted by PBR_StreetGang:

Originally posted by Her co-star in the beaver picture:
Obiwan let anakin win.

Anakin was 1-1 against count chocula, he killed a bunch of kids who thought he was their buddy, he killed obiwan who let him win, and then he killed the emperor, who thought anakin was his buddy, and while he was electrocuting someone else.

Obiwan's wins were all very decisive. He may not have been the best guy out there, but he was the go-to guy for the jedi council. Any time something important needed to be done, he was the guy they called. And they intentionally created gay missions to keep anakin out of the way.

Jedi master: Hey obi-wan, how about you go kill general grevous?
Anakin: do you want me to help?
Jedi master: no, we have a really important mission for you. We need you to go kick it with the emperor. I think he's going to the opera tonight. Stay close to him, and whatever you do, don't go on this mission wth obiwan.
Anakin: for reals?
Obiwan: yeah man, this is such an important mission. Go hang out with the emperor, and tell me all about the opera when I get back from killing these bad guys. I've been meaning to catch this one myself while its in town, but I'm always off on missions.
Anakin: oh ok

Good grief. I salute you.
roll.gif

Yeah, he got me there.....almost. Conversation that actually occurred in the council:

Mace: Yo, who you want to send out to get Grevious.
Yoda: Easy. Obi Wan.
Mace: What?!?!? He basically passed out against Dooku again.
Yoda: Exactly. Look, Grevious, is not the prize here. He's not the sith lord, we know that much. Why send our most prized pupil when we can send a pawn like Obi Won. Plus, all his questions are starting to annoy me. Plus his nice guy act isn't fooling me. The jedi chick with the rack said he tried to hit on her at the 146th annual Jedi/Padwan picnic.
Mace: That chick did have a nice rack. You know I used to hit that sh!t back in the day.
Yoda: And you think I haven't? Why do you think she's so green. Anyways, call Obi-wan will ya. And send Padme over here.
Except what I said was basically how it went down in the movie. You are implying things that weren't there.

They didn't even know that the emperor was the sith lord. When they found out...

Anakin: Hey master windu, I have some bad news. The emperor is the sith lord we've been looking for.
Windu: No shit?
Anakin: Yeah. You're going to need my help if you're going to arrest him... right?
Windu: Um, why don't you just hang back here. I'll take these three spares with me instead.
Anakin: Dude I'm the chosen one.
Windu: There is much confusion in you, young skywalker. But one thing there is no confusion about is how you can take a beating. Just hang back. I'll call you if I need you. Don't call me. I'll call you. Got it?

So then what does he do? He shows up just in time to screw everything up. He could have fulfilled George's idiotic prophecy without even doing anything. Windu handled the emperor, in one of the most one-sided lightsaber fights in all of the prequel trilogy. He's about to cut the emperor's head off, and in jumps Anakin for the cheap shot. So Anakin is trying as hard as he can to keep his own prophecy from being fulfilled. And why? Because the emperor is offering him an extremely sketchy solution to a problem that came to Anakin in one of his gay dreams. Not even a real problem.

So other than count doku, Anakin doesn't beat anybody in a fair fight who doesn't let him win, with the exception of Luke, who hadn't even graduated from Jedi kindergarten yet. You see in the prequels how extensive Jedi training is. These guys start when they're kids, and they don't get to go off on their own until they're grown ass men. But Luke went after Vader after he had been training for like a week.

Then in the next movie, Luke goes back to finish his training, and Yoda freaking dies. So Luke I guess finished everything up with correspondence courses with the university of phoenix? He rolls on back to the death star, LETS VADER CAPTURE HIM (do you see a trend here?), and then spanks his ass raw in front of the emperor.

So what does Vader do? He changes sides again and gets in another cheap shot victory. But oh shit darth, your body is a robot (courtesy of obiwan f-ing kenobi), so you get hit with this lightning and you're toast.

What do you think would have happened if he had survived the emperor's lightning? Princess Leia would have showed up and kicked his ass. Father or not, that asshole abandoned her when she was a baby, and the next time they meet, he blows up her effing home planet. Then he freezes her boyfriend, and pimps her out to Jabba the Hut. She would have killed his ass.

Reactions: SirAdamAdams
You gotta read the Darth Bane trilogy if you like Star Wars. Talk about ultimate badass

If Mace Windu were white, would he have been the leader of the Jedi council? Quite obvious he was the most talented with the lightsaber.
Mo, is that you?

Basically as Lucas put it, Anakin Skywalker was supposed to be the most powerful Sith/Jedi of all time, and stated Anakin he was the only living being who would have defeated the Emperor. Then when he became half metal and lost his "force connection/mojo/miticolonics whatever the hell you call it, so ended up about half as powerful (as Darth Vader) as he would have been.

The elderly/demented George Lucas has a way of ruining and obscuring whatever cool ideas he once had.

Originally posted by vr1974:
Basically as Lucas put it, Anakin Skywalker was supposed to be the most powerful Sith/Jedi of all time, and stated Anakin he was the only living being who would have defeated the Emperor. .

The elderly/demented George Lucas has a way of ruining and obscuring whatever cool ideas he once had.
Yet Mace Windu had him on the ropes. Unless, that was a trap set by the emperor.

Basically as Lucas put it, Anakin Skywalker was supposed to be the most powerful Sith/Jedi of all time, and stated Anakin he was the only living being who would have defeated the Emperor. .

Yet Mace Windu had him on the ropes. Unless, that was a trap set by the emperor.

That's the way Lucas made it sound in the interview I heard.

Still, he never explains how If "the power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force" how do the greatest masters of it get wiped out by a bunch of cheap-hack storm troopers?

I agree with this guy myself:

This post was edited on 6/18 11:25 PM by vr1974

Why the Phantom Menace sucks

That's the way Lucas made it sound in the interview I heard.
What did he say? Windu was whipping that arse.

You guys are all wrong. Elite of the elite was R2D2. Dude could fly, shoot flames out, and fly a ship like a Mofo!

Awesome thread. In on 2. Obi wan gets the career edge... Anakin had a few early MVP's (lebron) but dark side stunted his growth.

I'd compare obi wan to Pippen--excellent team player, all about the D, resourceful, but never great 1V1.

Anakin was a huge poon. He is the Russell Westbrook to Obiwan's Kevin Durant. He did a few things well and that made him think he was badass, but he got his ass kicked a lot.
Last I checked, Russell wasn't the chosen one. Though, he was supposed to bring balance to the Thunder, not destroy them against Dallas.
Yeah, but what does "chosen one" mean? He was supposed to bring balance to the force, which doesn't even make any sense, because george lucas is a turd.

I think he was just supposed to kill the emperor, which he did. That doesn't mean he's the best player. He just hit the game-winning shot. And that was just because he switched teams on the last play of the game, and nobody knew about it. It was like he scored on his own goal. He is the biggest homo in all of star wars. I'm not sure he could even beat Dark Helmet in a fair fight.

roll.gif

If Anikin was the best of all time how the hell did Obi Wan Kick the ever livin crap out of him with the beat down of beat downs I mean he chopped him to bits. Then theres Luke who seems like he he would be the G.O.A.T. but we only see him for one movie kinda like a one and done type deal, although he did bring down an AT-AT so hes got that goin for him.

Heres the link I found for Jedi Rankings.

And How the hell is Qui-Gon Jinn #16 All time thats some BULSH right there.

This post was edited on 6/19 1:17 AM by Slot 9 Right

Jedi Greats

Originally posted by Slot 9 Right:
If Anikin was the best of all time how the hell did Obi Wan Kick the ever livin crap out of him with the beat down of beat downs I mean he chopped him to bits. Then theres Luke who seems like he he would be the G.O.A.T. but we only see him for one movie kinda like a one and done type deal, although he did bring down an AT-AT so hes got that goin for him.

Heres the link I found for Jedi Rankings.

QGJ was 0-1-1 on screen and recruited the Adolph Hitler of a galaxy far, far away. How high do you think he should be?

And How the hell is Qui-Gon Jinn #16 All time thats some BULSH right there.

This post was edited on 6/19 1:17 AM by Slot 9 Right

Originally posted by PBR_StreetGang:

Obiwan let anakin win.

Anakin was 1-1 against count chocula, he killed a bunch of kids who thought he was their buddy, he killed obiwan who let him win, and then he killed the emperor, who thought anakin was his buddy, and while he was electrocuting someone else.

Obiwan's wins were all very decisive. He may not have been the best guy out there, but he was the go-to guy for the jedi council. Any time something important needed to be done, he was the guy they called. And they intentionally created gay missions to keep anakin out of the way.

Jedi master: Hey obi-wan, how about you go kill general grevous?
Anakin: do you want me to help?
Jedi master: no, we have a really important mission for you. We need you to go kick it with the emperor. I think he's going to the opera tonight. Stay close to him, and whatever you do, don't go on this mission wth obiwan.
Anakin: for reals?
Obiwan: yeah man, this is such an important mission. Go hang out with the emperor, and tell me all about the opera when I get back from killing these bad guys. I've been meaning to catch this one myself while its in town, but I'm always off on missions.
Anakin: oh ok

Good grief. I salute you.
roll.gif

Yeah, he got me there.....almost. Conversation that actually occurred in the council:

Mace: Yo, who you want to send out to get Grevious.
Yoda: Easy. Obi Wan.
Mace: What?!?!? He basically passed out against Dooku again.
Yoda: Exactly. Look, Grevious, is not the prize here. He's not the sith lord, we know that much. Why send our most prized pupil when we can send a pawn like Obi Won. Plus, all his questions are starting to annoy me. Plus his nice guy act isn't fooling me. The jedi chick with the rack said he tried to hit on her at the 146th annual Jedi/Padwan picnic.
Mace: That chick did have a nice rack. You know I used to hit that sh!t back in the day.
Yoda: And you think I haven't? Why do you think she's so green. Anyways, call Obi-wan will ya. And send Padme over here.
Except what I said was basically how it went down in the movie. You are implying things that weren't there.

They didn't even know that the emperor was the sith lord. When they found out...

Anakin: Hey master windu, I have some bad news. The emperor is the sith lord we've been looking for.
Windu: No shit?
Anakin: Yeah. You're going to need my help if you're going to arrest him... right?
Windu: Um, why don't you just hang back here. I'll take these three spares with me instead.
Anakin: Dude I'm the chosen one.
Windu: There is much confusion in you, young skywalker. But one thing there is no confusion about is how you can take a beating. Just hang back. I'll call you if I need you. Don't call me. I'll call you. Got it?

So then what does he do? He shows up just in time to screw everything up. He could have fulfilled George's idiotic prophecy without even doing anything. Windu handled the emperor, in one of the most one-sided lightsaber fights in all of the prequel trilogy. He's about to cut the emperor's head off, and in jumps Anakin for the cheap shot. So Anakin is trying as hard as he can to keep his own prophecy from being fulfilled. And why? Because the emperor is offering him an extremely sketchy solution to a problem that came to Anakin in one of his gay dreams. Not even a real problem.

So other than count doku, Anakin doesn't beat anybody in a fair fight who doesn't let him win, with the exception of Luke, who hadn't even graduated from Jedi kindergarten yet. You see in the prequels how extensive Jedi training is. These guys start when they're kids, and they don't get to go off on their own until they're grown ass men. But Luke went after Vader after he had been training for like a week.

Then in the next movie, Luke goes back to finish his training, and Yoda freaking dies. So Luke I guess finished everything up with correspondence courses with the university of phoenix? He rolls on back to the death star, LETS VADER CAPTURE HIM (do you see a trend here?), and then spanks his ass raw in front of the emperor.

So what does Vader do? He changes sides again and gets in another cheap shot victory. But oh shit darth, your body is a robot (courtesy of obiwan f-ing kenobi), so you get hit with this lightning and you're toast.

What do you think would have happened if he had survived the emperor's lightning? Princess Leia would have showed up and kicked his ass. Father or not, that asshole abandoned her when she was a baby, and the next time they meet, he blows up her effing home planet. Then he freezes her boyfriend, and pimps her out to Jabba the Hut. She would have killed his ass.
roll.gif

Awesome thread.

The scene where Darth Vader reveals that he is Luke Skywalker's father is perhaps THE seminal moment in cinematic history.

And no, I am not prone to hyperbole.

After way too much Star Wars.......Caedus has to be on the Sith list, Anakin Solo is one of the most powerful Jedi of all time, and Jaina Solo (Sword of the Jedi, Boba Fett trained as well) is an all-time great. Skywalker-Solo blood is a pretty good combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT