ADVERTISEMENT

OT Star Wars question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lando Calrissian could have been the GOAT. His athleticism was off the charts and his size/speed combo would have presented a terrible matchup for Obi Wan and Luke. Unfortunately, he chose another path so we'll never know.

ogre.jpg

Originally posted by Slot 9 Right:

Originally posted by PBR_StreetGang:

Originally posted by BattleshipTexas:
I have seen all the Star Wars movies, but some of y'all take this stuff way too seriously. It isn't even that good a story line, just way ahead of other movies on graphics and sets.

S*** hasn't gotten real just yet, bro. Just wait until someone questions whether or not the Millenium Falcon made the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs. I will meet that OB poster tonight...and I will fight him.

The Kessel Run was one of the most heavily-used routes in the Galactic Empire Han Solo claimed that his Millennium Falcon "made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs". A parsec was a unit of distance, not time. Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance. By moving closer to the black holes, Solo managed to cut the distance down to about 11.5 parsecs. The smuggler, BoShek, actually beat Solo's record in his ship, Infinity, but without cargo to weigh him down. A few months later, Han Solo beat both his own and BoShek's records in a run he made with Luke Skywalker.

How does cargo weight affect performance in a zero G environment?

As CS said, Obi Wan couldn't get more than a stalemate with Jango Fett, who didn't even have the Force. Contrast that with Mace, who kills Jango in like 3 seconds later in the movie.

In reference to windu vs the emperor. It's clear that the emperor was letting windu win because he knew that anakin was on his way and he wanted anakin to unleasch his dark side and kill windu.

I'm still not convinced that Luke is the most powerful. How does anyone come to that conclusion.

Originally posted by UTHornMD:
y'all are just passing the time 'til SWTOR comes out.
This is true. This thread makes me want to play the first and second knights of the old republic. They were such great games.

A. The guy who created the characters has said so

B. The only Jedi to ever defeat both reigning Sith (Vader and later a clone of Palpatine)

C. Luke always wins in the end. Always. No matter what style he faces, no matter how strong the Force user.

D. He became as powerful as he is with extremely limited formal Jedi training. Thin about it. Windu, Kit Fisto, Obi Wan and even Yoda were trained from a VERY young age. Anakin was considered too old, at age 11. Luke started training at 17. And still was able to bring about the defeat of a Galactic Empire and the death of it's two rulers. Both of whom were massively powerful Force Users. Luke had very little lightsaber training and still held his own against one of the best swordsman ever (Vader) on muktiple occassions.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by SLhorn:
Originally posted by UTHornMD:
y'all are just passing the time 'til SWTOR comes out.
This is true. This thread makes me want to play the first and second knights of the old republic. They were such great games.

TOR is going to be epic. Agree on the old KOTOR's.

Originally posted by SouthAustinHorn:
As CS said, Obi Wan couldn't get more than a stalemate with Jango Fett, who didn't even have the Force. Contrast that with Mace, who kills Jango in like 3 seconds later in the movie.
1. Obiwan wasn't trying to kill him. He was trying to capture him. Then he let him get away so he could follow him to the secret hideout.

2. It wasn't one-on-one. That kid was in the ship firing those huge lasers at him.

3. When Windu took down jango fett, it was because he was unable to get away because his jet pack was broken. Being able to fly is probably better than having the force, in a one-on-one fight.

Like I said, you can talk all you want about how weak Obiwan is, but all he does is handle his business. He's the guy they pick for every important mission for a reason. He may not be the best guy, but he's up there, and he's sure as shit better than Anakin.

Anakin has ONE legitimate, straight-up win in his entire career. Obiwan pulling a shoeless joe in the death star does not count.

He even got his ass beat by Han Solo in a dogfight. Anakin may have been the best star piolt in the galaxy, but Han Solo, who drives the Star Wars equivalent of a UHaul truck, shot his ass down.

Anakin sucks. He just thought he was badass because he was the chosen one, and that is the whole point of the whole fall to the dark side thing. I'm not basing this off of speculation. Just what is actually shown in the movies.

Ps, Luke has fought in and survived more battles against other Force users than any other Force user at least since the Sith Wars, but probably ever.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Oh and don't forget about Anakin Starkiller from the Force Unleashed Games. I've personally brought down an imperial cruiser, whooped up on both the Emperor and Vader and nearly destroyed the remaining jedi order after Episode 3 except for Yoda.

And Darth Revan being so low on the sith rankings is just dumb. Mfer went after the true sith in dark space after freeing the galaxy from that punk Malak and his star forge.

Originally posted by jyoung185:
In reference to windu vs the emperor. It's clear that the emperor was letting windu win because he knew that anakin was on his way and he wanted anakin to unleasch his dark side and kill windu.

I'm still not convinced that Luke is the most powerful. How does anyone come to that conclusion.
Uh, that isn't clear at all. You are reaching. Sort of like saying that Taylor Jungmann let Florida win yesterday, because he know we always play better when we're facing elimination. What I saw was the emperor get put on his ass, before Anakin even shows up. Then windu lets up. Then the emperor tries AGAIN to cook him with his lightning, and windu blocks it and shoots it right back at him, wrecking his shit for life.

I saw an ass-kicking. Saying that the emperor let him win is so aggy it's unbelievable.

The novel hinted that the Emperor had it all planned out. He knew it was the only way Anakin would turn. What would Anakin's reaction have been if he walked in with 4 jedi dead and the Emperor watching Tosh 4.0 while drinking hot tea?

Originally posted by GDforHC:
The novel hinted that the Emperor had it all planned out. He knew it was the only way Anakin would turn. What would Anakin's reaction have been if he walked in with 4 jedi dead and the Emperor watching Tosh 4.0 while drinking hot tea?
I think Anakin would be more likely to join him if he saw how powerful the emperor was. If he shows up and everyone's dead, he could say "you see this shit? You should probably join me, because I can kick everyone's ass. The dark side is way better, and we'll keep Padme alive too."

You think Anakin, who thinks Mace Windu is an asshole anyway, is going to care if the emperor kills him? Hell no. Anakin already had one foot in the dark side. He was buying whatever the emperor was selling, and the emperor's case is much more compelling if he shows what a badass he is, instead of looking like a feeble poon. Do you know how many ways a plan like that could go wrong? What if Mace Windu doesn't dilly dally, and just fcking kills him? Or what if he anticipates Anakin's cheap shot, blocks it, and uses the force to toss them both out the window?

I don't know exactly what the novel says, but the movie showed an ass-kicking, and there was nothing that suggested that he was getting his ass kicked intentionally, as part of his master plan.

Originally posted by Her co-star in the beaver picture:

I think Anakin would be more likely to join him if he saw how powerful the emperor was. If he shows up and everyone's dead, he could say "you see this shit? You should probably join me, because I can kick everyone's ass. The dark side is way better, and we'll keep Padme alive too."

You think Anakin, who thinks Mace Windu is an asshole anyway, is going to care if the emperor kills him? Hell no. Anakin already had one foot in the dark side. He was buying whatever the emperor was selling, and the emperor's case is much more compelling if he shows what a badass he is, instead of looking like a feeble poon. Do you know how many ways a plan like that could go wrong? What if Mace Windu doesn't dilly dally, and just fcking kills him? Or what if he anticipates Anakin's cheap shot, blocks it, and uses the force to toss them both out the window?

I don't know exactly what the novel says, but the movie showed an ass-kicking, and there was nothing that suggested that he was getting his ass kicked intentionally, as part of his master plan.
I flat out don't know. Didn't read the novel, just food for thought.

Can I just say that this has been a pleasure to read. I have a rudimentary understanding of Star Wars so I knew enough to follow the story, but the logic/arguments are hysterical and much, much more entertaining than any football crap.

Thanks you guys...I laughed out loud at least 10 to 15 times during this thread.

Originally posted by txsurf:
Can I just say that this has been a pleasure to read. I have a rudimentary understanding of Star Wars so I knew enough to follow the story, but the logic/arguments are hysterical and much, much more entertaining than any football crap.

Thanks you guys...I laughed out loud at least 10 to 15 times during this thread.
I think the key takeaway here is even the Jedi council is run by racist motherf@#$%#!!

Originally posted by txsurf:

I think the key takeaway here is even the Jedi council is run by racist motherf@#$%#!!
I don't know man. This is a pretty multi-cultural group if you ask me.

jedi_council.jpg

They've got a couple black folks and a couple of green folks. They've got a guy with a long neck, a guy who looks like a penis, the Abominable Snowman, the love child of Satan and Pocahontas, a predator (but with no hair), a couple of white dudes with big floppy ears, and some chick who looks stoned. Plus Obiwan is on the council.

Thanks for making my point Doc. Who is their unofficial "boss?" Yep, crusty old, white bred Senator Palpatine. These minorities look pretty unhappy.

And there's a girl Yoda? You've got to be shittin me.

What if anakin got in a fight with that redheaded kid from harry potter?

The wand is mightier than the light saber. Avada Kedavra from 20 yards away--No contest, bro.

A few other things that irritate me.

The Empire had piss poor OPSEC. I mean, they let the architectural designs for the most secret battle station in the universe get stolen...twice. Then take the command cruiser. Obi Wan just turns off the tractor beam. No password needed, no PIN number...nothing. More on that later. And how the hell do Han, Leia, Luke, Chewie, and R2 get on Endor in the first place? "It's an older code, Lord Vader, but it checks out".

Huh? An older code? But it still checks out? It's either the code or it isn't. And no radio call to the surface to say "Hey, y'all get that parts and technical crew that we let through 30 minutes ago?". Nice security.

Then there's the X-wing pilot that crashes his fighter into the bridge and takes out a command ship. That ship was probably 5 KM long or so. Couldn't find a spot in there to put a secondary helm? Nope. Crash into that thing and the whole thing drops like a rock. I could go on...
This post was edited on 6/19 8:16 PM by PBR_StreetGang

Reactions: SirAdamAdams
Also, in Parts 4-6, were the storm troopers still clones? Because they ended up being different sizes. Some were fatter, shorter, one must've been played by Jack Sikma because I remember a pretty tall one.

Originally posted by bigeye6912:

What if anakin got in a fight with that redheaded kid from harry potter?

The wand is mightier than the light saber. Avada Kedavra from 20 yards away--No contest, bro.
Problem is, half the time Weasley's wand was broken. Also, Vader could choke him from the other side of the room.

Also, in Parts 4-6, were the storm troopers still clones? Because they ended up being different sizes. Some were fatter, shorter, one must've been played by Jack Sikma because I remember a pretty tall one.
"Initially, the stormtroopers serve as the army of the Galactic Empire, putting down revolts and establishing Imperial authority.[1] The Stormtrooper Corps swell in size after Palpatine allows the addition of birth born recruits and conscripts alongside the clones."

Which is basically to say that George Lucas had no idea what he was doing when he made the original movie so we just made this to fix the discrepancy.

Ron broke his wand right before year 2 at hogwarts. before year 3, the weasley family had won the daily prophet grand prize which enabled them to go to egypt and replace ron's wand. as a 13 or 14 year old kid, ron couldn't have pulled off avada kedavra, but he could have used petrificus totalis or stupefy, which would have put anakin/vader out of commission, at which point he could have been killed muggle style (with knife, gun, blunt object etc.) i'd still take a wand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT