Recruiting thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're an idiot, little troll..
Shiro Davis
Tank Jackson
Hassan Ridgeway
Naashon Hughes

More than capable DL with depth to back them up...
You're an idiot, little troll..
Shiro Davis
Tank Jackson
Hassan Ridgeway
Naashon Hughes

More than capable DL with depth to back them up...

I think you are over rating your dline talent. And I do expect Chavis to immediately fix the defense. Hes the best in the business. I do think our defense will be better then yours next year mainly due the dline. I may be willing to take on a friendly wager on that if anyone is interested
The one thing I love is aggsy delusion.

All during Mack's tenure, no matter how bad the aggsy class was, they never stopped telling everyone how underrated it was and how they were going to be better than Texas.

You have a great offensive class, I have no doubts, but it's not all great, especially when you don't know if you will keep your QB, and it's looking like you won't. and you didn't get any RBs of note.

I'd say it was great for the offense you run, and that is what it's all about.

As for Texas you got 1 player in Mack that is someone Texas would take, you have a few others that are pretty good, but don't think you can compare your class to the Texas D class. It doesn't compare. Your best linebacker is on par with our 4th best we took and far below Jefferson and Cherry. Your delusion that more is better than Cherry is on par with some of my favorite arguments like Reggie is better than Vince and Farmer is better than Benson. Cherry is better, stronger and faster than Moore, the numbers don't lie. The offer list doesn't lie either.

Your argument about the safety position is even funnier since it's a spot that has a lot smaller impact on the passing game than corner does. Just look at the NFL draft, every year there are multiple corners taken and very few safeties in the first two rounds. I look at your safety class and it's not bad, but it's not better than the Texas class. At best I'd call it a wash, but on number of high quality safeties I'd take our class.

Again, You have a great WR and Oline class, but the Texas WR class is still pretty damn good. You have a great offensive line class, we got some good kids as well. There is about a 25% chance you have a QB in this class. You have a very good TE, we might have a great one, if not you win that position. Hands down we have a better RB class, and it isn't close.

So outside of wr and oline, your class is far below Texas. The Texas class isn't perfect, we didn't get the QB we wanted and we missed on a couple of DTs and offensive linemen, but we killed it at every other position, and this is definitely a class to build upon.

We smoked you at DL and Safety. You smoked us at corner and had a better LB class ( we disagree on how some palyers project but I do acknoledge the overall LB class is better mainly due to the signing of Malik). Also regarding your last statement...so your saying outside of whiffing on your 3 biggest needs you had a great class?

I didn't respond to this yet, so I thought I'd address it now.

Vasser blows away anything you got at DE, and as was mentioned above, Charles O is a speed rusher and far superior to what Lockhart does. You know how I know Charles O is better? Because at the end, Texas stopped recruiting Lockhart and Sumlin kept on recruiting Charles O pretty hard. Not only that, but one of the first kids that but one of the first kids Jim Harbaugh started to recruit when he took over at Michigan was Charles O. That tells me right there who the better prospect was.

I will give you the nod at DT, especially since I really like Keke, I actually think he will be a better prospect than Mack. Mack is immature and doesn't handle himself very well. I don't think he can handle the lights of big time college football.

I'm not sure what you've seen from Vassar that makes you beleive he is going to be a dominant player, he could be but you have no idea, his film doesn't reflect someone that projects as a dominant player. Show me any game film of Charles being a speed rusher, the reason i wasn't a fan of his is becasue he's a SDE in WDE body, he has not shown anything to be a pass rusher and is not on the same level of player as Lockhart, the film is there go watch it. Mack is going to be a star.

I think you are over rating your dline talent. And I do expect Chavis to immediately fix the defense. Hes the best in the business. I do think our defense will be better then yours next year mainly due the dline. I may be willing to take on a friendly wager on that if anyone is interested

I only go big and straight green payable to paypal, Pooch... I'll put 1K on our defense over Aggy. What is the measuring stick? Simplest would be Total D..... and you even get a leg up based on the offenses Texas has to play!

Rating?
SE - Shiro Davis high 4* LSU flip
T - Desmond Jackson high 4* Aggy offer
N - Hassan Ridgeway high 4* Aggy offer
FE - Naashon Hughes high 3* Bama and LSU went after him

Think being the key word and I didn't rate them..........................Y'all don't have the talent or depth for Chavis to immediately fix the defense. He's going to need a few recruiting classes and time. They'll improve, they won't be top 25 material.

Last edited:
:D

200.gif

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
I only go big and straight green payable to paypal, Pooch... I'll put 1K on our defense over Aggy. What is the measuring stick? Simplest would be Total D..... and you even get a leg up based on the offenses Texas has to play!

How do we hook up?

I didn't respond to this yet, so I thought I'd address it now.

Vasser blows away anything you got at DE, and as was mentioned above, Charles O is a speed rusher and far superior to what Lockhart does. You know how I know Charles O is better? Because at the end, Texas stopped recruiting Lockhart and Sumlin kept on recruiting Charles O pretty hard. Not only that, but one of the first kids that but one of the first kids Jim Harbaugh started to recruit when he took over at Michigan was Charles O. That tells me right there who the better prospect was.

I will give you the nod at DT, especially since I really like Keke, I actually think he will be a better prospect than Mack. Mack is immature and doesn't handle himself very well. I don't think he can handle the lights of big time college football.

I really don't know anything about Vasser, do you expect him to start this year? Are you sure Sumlin was hard after Charlie O? Did he offer and push, or just keep in contact in case we wanted him late?
I worry about immaturity with Mack, but Charlie O seems to have the same issue.
Seems pretty obvious to me that Texas had the better class in the back 7 on defense and RB. A&M was better on both lines and WR. TBD at QB & TE. Really close, just depends on what part of the team you think is more important. Of course, no one really knows.

I really don't know anything about Vasser, do you expect him to start this year? Are you sure Sumlin was hard after Charlie O? Did he offer and push, or just keep in contact in case we wanted him late?
I worry about immaturity with Mack, but Charlie O seems to have the same issue.
Seems pretty obvious to me that Texas had the better class in the back 7 on defense and RB. A&M was better on both lines and WR. TBD at QB & TE. Really close, just depends on what part of the team you think is more important. Of course, no one really knows.
Good points! No, Vasser is depth, he'll have to bust his ass to climb the 2 deep. I put more on the new Michigan man coming after Charles than Sumlin's iffy pursuit. Both kids seem a bit self absorbed, but Mack will have the heaviest load to carry...

So, let me get this straight. We reload our DL and it is the strength of the team, yes we lost the 32nd pick in the draft, he was a 5* player. Yet, Aggy is bashing our talent on DL when theirs was gashed all year long and the current line is:

Obioha 3* not much of an offer list
Williams 3* not much of an offer list
Robinson (SR) 3* not much of an offer list and will ultimately will be replaced with Mack at some point
Garrett 5* talent that can't do it on his own.

True. We need Mack to play this year. I hate to say this on a Texas board, but I watched him in one game this year and was not blown away. I was expecting Myles Garrett part 2, and that is probably why I was disappointed. He was so much stronger then the competition it was hard to tell, never ran the ball at him once. Then thought he killed it in the Under Armour game against way better competition. He is really wide and has great get off, but I don't think he can get much bigger due to looking only a little over 6 foot. Of course, if you were counting on me for talent evaluation, you would be screwed.

@dev_go_deep: Rumors going around saying I don't have the grades see you in June ATX

Just tweeted his ACT scores as well. I guess we will see if he shows up in June.

True. We need Mack to play this year. I hate to say this on a Texas board, but I watched him in one game this year and was not blown away. I was expecting Myles Garrett part 2, and that is probably why I was disappointed. He was so much stronger then the competition it was hard to tell, never ran the ball at him once. Then thought he killed it in the Under Armour game against way better competition. He is really wide and has great get off, but I don't think he can get much bigger due to looking only a little over 6 foot. Of course, if you were counting on me for talent evaluation, you would be screwed.
The kids good, short but quick. He's a powder keg. He may struggle against bigger more physical OL interior, we'll see. Poona Ford is similar in build and explosive ability off the line.

The kids good, short but quick. He's a powder keg. He may struggle against bigger more physical OL interior, we'll see. Poona Ford is similar in build and explosive ability off the line.

Is Ford that wide? I know a lot of Aggies like to make jokes about him, but I never really paid any attention to him last year. Mack was really wide, I bet he weighed 320 or 330 when I saw him. Looked like a freaking bowling ball. I didn't realize Ford was that wide.

So, let me get this straight. We reload our DL and it is the strength of the team, yes we lost the 32nd pick in the draft, he was a 5* player. Yet, Aggy is bashing our talent on DL when theirs was gashed all year long and the current line is:

Obioha 3* not much of an offer list
Williams 3* not much of an offer list
Robinson (SR) 3* not much of an offer list and will ultimately will be replaced with Mack at some point
Garrett 5* talent that can't do it on his own.

Obioha will be playing inside some on passing downs per spring reports. Another thing that is important is that we will finally be starting a majority of upper classmen on the dline as hall, walker and williams are all juniors and seniors. Mack could come in a push to start but I'll wait and see how he does in fall camp before I go that far but he will play and be a contributor. My thought on your dline is it will go as far as Ridgeway takes them, if that guy who does have aton of ability finally starts playing consistantly then I beleive the outlook on your Dline could be better then I project. If he's still inconsistent then I think your dline is going to be an issue. My biggest concern for your dline is your defensive ends as i just don't think they are any good. I don't see guys who can consistently get to the quarterback. Im curious to see what Roberson brings and how the fox position impacts your D overall. If I were a Horn fan I would want Malik there day 1.

We are starting
Garrett 5 star (doesn't matter)
Hall 4 star
Walker 4 star
Williams 3 star

Backed up by
Cunningham (4 star)
Obioha (3 star)
Henderson (4 star)
Washington (4star)

What's the aggy groupthink, bubble, echo chamber, company line on Poona? Just curious.

He looked good in your spring game but I'd like to see him against a different oline before I got to excited.

My thought on your dline is it will go as far as Ridgeway takes them, if that guy who does have aton of ability finally starts playing consistantly then I beleive the outlook on your Dline could be better then I project. If he's still inconsistent then I think your dline is going to be an issue. My biggest concern for your dline is your defensive ends as i just don't think they are any good. I don't see guys who can consistently get to the quarterback. Im curious to see what Roberson brings and how the fox position impacts your D overall. If I were a Horn fan I would want Malik there day 1.
attachment.php

Come on Scholzie give me a reason why I am wrong, i'm not trying to change your mind or tell you you're wrong, maybe I am missing something that you feel really good about. You lost 52 of your 84 tackles for loss and 23.5 of your 40 sacks last year. Also of your 40 sacks last year only 12 came from the defensive end position and 5.5 of those are gone. I don't think what i am saying is out of line.

Come on Scholzie give me a reason why I am wrong...I don't think what i am saying is out of line.
Of course you don't. Lulz. Sorry but you don't have any credibility, pooch. You're wholly incapable of objectivity concerning UT football. You will badmouth the Longhorn team/recruiting class regardless of reality. You showed that beyond a doubt when you:

A) can't admit we had the highest ranked 2015 class in the state - fact
B) said you destroyed us at the safety position in that class - simply untrue
C) out of the other side of your mouth said our LB class was only marginally better - laughable and the most damning evidence of your bias
D) shown your complete ignorance of our talent and depth on the D line this year

Yes yes, whoever we lost is irreplaceable and whoever you lost is being replaced by even better players. Carry on...

I don't tweet, and don't follow recruiting that closely....

Who is this tweet from?
Our stud TE Devonaire Clarington from Miami who is having clearinghouse issues with his high school transcript + ACT score to get eligible at UT. He's reportedly recently been looking at jucos as a backup plan in case it doesn't work out. Everyone has their fingers crossed on it.

Devonaire 26 on his ACT.
Highest you can get is a 34. It says most UT students fall between a 26-32.

Also:

@dev_go_deep: Rumors going around saying I don't have the grades see you in June ATX

@dev_go_deep: I been ordered my cap and gown school would not let you order it if they knew you wasn't going to graduate

@dev_go_deep: All this studying and hard work and praying thank you GOD. ACT graduation next

Of course you don't. Lulz. Sorry but you don't have any credibility, pooch. You're wholly incapable of objectivity concerning UT football. You will badmouth the Longhorn team/recruiting class regardless of reality. You showed that beyond a doubt when you:

A) can't admit we had the highest ranked 2015 class in the state - fact
B) said you destroyed us at the safety position in that class - simply untrue
C) out of the other side of your mouth said our LB class was only marginally better - laughable and the most damning evidence of your bias
D) shown your complete ignorance of our talent and depth on the D line this year

Yes yes, whoever we lost is irreplaceable and whoever you lost is being replaced by even better players. Carry on...

A. Really cause Rivals said you didn't
B. We did
C. In my opinion it is. Im not a fan of Cherry or Wheeler i watched the tape and thats what I saw. I think Moore is simply a better linebacker then both.
D. Educate me on your talent and depth of your dline.

So you have guys that are better then Brown, Reed, Edmonds and Hicks right? You have no question you are going to replace those guys with more productive players right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT