ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I look at it is if Strong and company are able to win some games this year, then they'll be in line for lots of flip possibilities, if not, then who gives a crap about recruiting when you are losing.

Doo-doo!

However, I see a Charlie Bedford flip coming in December. Especially after his comments the other day concerning his UT offer:

"You actually have to earn, earn that one,” he said. “Not just on the field but as a person too. The coaches want to see who you are as a person. You have to hang around the program for a good little bit and get to know the coaches before they offer just like any other college. It's like a family thing basically.

"When they take their time and analyze you it shows that they really care." [citation]
Ignore what he said.

yucklucy.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone else get the feeling that these kids like to screw with the "insiders" by telling them a bunch of BS?

From "changed everything" to "committed a week ago". Wow. I dont know what to make of some of this.

Steele is obviously pushing for recruits to help make up for the loss of momentum due to Aggsy hiring away Chavis....Sarcasm

If/when Stoll commits to Nebraska over Texas come Friday, there are some folks that are going to have a full on conniption. Mainly, Wescott Eberts...
You are an optimist and I am trying to be. Do you think its not a big deal that we are not getting the top kids in Texas? The staff will just find someone better someplace else? I want to feel good about all this too, but I am concerned.

You are an optimist and I am trying to be. Do you think its not a big deal that we are not getting the top kids in Texas? The staff will just find someone better someplace else? I want to feel good about all this too, but I am concerned.
I don't like it, although, I'm not concerned. I predicted this class to be around top 25 even with 22 or so commits. Regardless of strategy, etc... This team needs to win and get some good exposure in 2015. LSU is having their way with Texas kids more so than ever before... That is what bothers me. Texas finished 6-6 and had the most miserable experience imaginable in a bowl game. Need some positive vibes and the class will close out higher than I expect. Strong will get his recruits, obviously, they wont all be first looks.

Offseason folks. Charlie will get his guys. I remember Malik, Boyd, Hill, Wheeler not all that interested in Texas.

Hell even Vahe was on the fence.

I think UT will be alright but the problem has been with the aggys joining the $EC. They have open the doors up to every school there and L$U and Bama have benefited from that.

I don't like it, although, I'm not concerned. I predicted this class to be around top 25 even with 22 or so commits. Regardless of strategy, etc... This team needs to win and get some good exposure in 2015. LSU is having their way with Texas kids more so than ever before... That is what bothers me. Texas finished 6-6 and had the most miserable experience imaginable in a bowl game. Need some positive vibes and the class will close out higher than I expect. Strong will get his recruits, obviously, they wont all be first looks.
I agree with everything you said. We got to get going somehow. Win and get recruits....recruit and get wins?? I hate seeing Texas not get who they want....but we could end up with someone better its not out of the question.

I wonder if the big kid from Louisiana will stay at DT. Could see him as a guard as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT