ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Merrick's loyalty to Texas. Hope we can hang onto him. I still really want a transfer QB this Spring though.

A couple of 4-star OTs looking to get on the Wickline train:

JP Urquidez @JP_OT2016 · 12m 12 minutes ago

Me and @JeanDelance74 working on a little #packagedeal right now!!!

Jean Delance ‏@JeanDelance74

Me and my bro jp @JP_OT2016 will be the best elite OT duo package deal!!

Nice post by Devonaire Clarington. Looks like Strong's got a foothold in Miami,

"Every one in miami talking about TEXAS now ... Every one working to get them horns!!"

Delance and Urquidez would be great gets. The 2016 Texas OL class is weak this year. That's definitely a position that we will likely need to go OOS with.

Bubba I disagree, IMO I think the OL is better than it has been. OL is hard to judge in high school because they are so under developed, need a couple extra years in the weight room and on a diet program to pack on some weight and strength. I think if the intangibles are there you can turn an average OLman into a beast. Especially in the Big 12 with spread concepts. That's the reason I think this years class is better than years past, bc they all seem super athletic! No true maulers, I'll give you that, but dang they look like TE's and DE's playing OL.

This post was edited on 3/3 7:18 PM by CoachEmUp64

Originally posted by Scholz:
I like Merrick's loyalty to Texas. Hope we can hang onto him. I still really want a transfer QB this Spring though.

"Every one in miami talking about TEXAS now ... Every one working to get them horns!!"
Ags offer Delance. Looks like we'll preach Little and Delance as the duo. I don't see Christensen giving Urquidez a chance.

Originally posted by TexasAggiesFan:

Ags offer Delance. Looks like we'll preach Little and Delance as the duo. I don't see Christensen giving Urquidez a chance.
You can shout it from the hills, but the kids make the allegiance to one another. Sumlin won't offer anyone he doesn't think he has a great shot at landing if they hold a Texas offer.

This post was edited on 3/4 9:00 AM by TexExSpur

Sumlin won't offer anyone he doesn't think he has a great shot at landing if they hold a Texas offer.

This, he wanted Chris Warren and Wheeler pretty badly but saw the writing on the wall. Hell Wheeler would start for them this next year as a true FR.
Strong will bulldog it and go right in and sell. Example Malik.

I don't see Christensen giving Urquidez a chance.
Nice dishonest insult.

A) FSU, LSU, Baylor, OU, Mich, Penn St, ASU, Clemson, Georgia, KSU, Miami, Mich St, Nebr, Ole Miss, S Car, UCLA, Va Tech, WVU, Wisc and UT think he's good enough for an offer.

B) As mentioned, DJ Rumlin knows he can't pull him away from UT so he's playing the pitiful offer game.

Andrew King @AndrewKingHorns
All Saints Episcopal 4-star (TX) DT Mike Williams (@mike_williams52) tells me he'll visit #Texas for Spring football. Missed Jr day due to weather.

Coach Wickline told OL Zach Shackelford that Texas wanted to take five or six - most likely six - OL in the 2016 class, per 24/7. Would suggest this class is going to be bigger than 20, which is what the current line of thinking is. I'm not seeing it. Have seen 3-4 O linemen consistently listed for this class.

After this season we will likely have the following on campus:

Sr
Brandon Hodges
Kent Perkins

Jr
Darius James
Jake Raulerson
Tristen Nickelson

Soph/RS Fresh/Freshmen
Alex Anderson
Terrell Cuney
Jake McMillion
Elijah Rodriguez
Garrett Thomas
Patrick Vahe
Connor Williams

Didn't include Cam Hughes(Might be shown the door) or Ronnie Major(Might not qualify)

With taking 3 in this class we are essentially replacing the seniors and hopefully we have enough depth on a roster that it doesn't matter that we only took 3. Look for 2017 class to have 5-6.

All Saints Episcopal 4-star (TX) DT Mike Williams (@mike_williams52) tells me he'll visit #Texas for Spring football. Missed Jr day due to weather.

Coach Wickline told OL Zach Shackelford that Texas wanted to take five or six - most likely six - OL in the 2016 class, per 24/7. Would suggest this class is going to be bigger than 20, which is what the current line of thinking is. I'm not seeing it. Have seen 3-4 O linemen consistently listed for this class.

After this season we will likely have the following on campus:

Sr
Brandon Hodges
Kent Perkins

Jr
Darius James
Jake Raulerson
Tristen Nickelson

Soph/RS Fresh/Freshmen
Alex Anderson
Terrell Cuney
Jake McMillion
Elijah Rodriguez
Garrett Thomas
Patrick Vahe
Connor Williams

Didn't include Cam Hughes(Might be shown the door) or Ronnie Major(Might not qualify)

With taking 3 in this class we are essentially replacing the seniors and hopefully we have enough depth on a roster that it doesn't matter that we only took 3. Look for 2017 class to have 5-6.
Basic rule of thumb is to replace your juniors. Considering where they're at, I doubt they take more than 3 in 2016.

I think it depends who it is they have a shot at. Probably won't take 6 guys if three of them are projects or reaches, but if the right guys are interested I'd have to think they'd give more offers given how terrible our O line has been.

Oline you typically look 3 years out. Kid red shirts a year and probably doesn't make the two deep until his RS sophomore year. IF you have a legit O-line most of your two deep should be kids who have been in the program 3-4 years.

Strong told CB Eric Cuffee that Cuffee and Jared Mayden were Texas' two top CB targets, per 24/7.

4-star CB Jared Mayden
@MaydenII: I no longer have a top 3. My recruiting is wide open.

Omenihu is already on top of it. He replied, "smart move."

Update on QB Shane Buechele and taking on a role as a leader of the 2016 class (OrangeBloods):

"It (Junior Day) was good. It went well," Buechele said about the visit. "I got in about 11 (the event started at about 9) so I didn't get to do much. But I've seen it all. I was glad to be here after committing and finally getting it all done with, hanging out with coach, trying to do some things with the coaches and players. It went well."

"The last couple weeks I started thinking about it. A lot of thinking on my part. There's no place like it, academically and sportswise," Buechele said. "I took that into consideration and there was no other choice than the University of Texas."

"I tried (recruiting). There's nothing I can really do right now. It's kind of on the low. But I'm trying to set a statement right now. In three hours, I did what I could do," Buchele said. "The last couple days I've just been trying to take it in. But for sure the next couple weeks, I'm going to narrow it down to guys that I'm going to try to lure and try to catch them. We'll see."

"I think I'm going to (play both). I'm probably going to graduate early, in the winter time. And then I'm going to try to play baseball as well," Buechele said. "We'll see how it works."

"I've always wanted to try to do both. Every school said I may be able to, but it's the fact that (Texas) said I will be able to. I liked that," Buechele said.

"I'm comfortable with it right now. The last couple days have been a little hectic, a little crazy. But it's come down to earth a little bit and I couldn't be a happier guy right now in the position I'm in," Buechele said.

This week's HD Roundtable was focused on discussing who the next Texas offer should be. Here are the predictions:

4* DE Isaiah Chambers | Higdon
4* DT Chris Daniels
4* OG Chris Owens
3* LB Nathaniel Evans | Wilkerson

He's a baller too, if he stays healthy he's really going to tear it up this year.

Not sure what the source is but 3-star CB Parrish Cobb retweeted one of the tweets, suggesting the info is accurate. I haven't watched him but Nahlin has said really good things about him. Cousin of CB Eric Cuffee too.

La Vega (TX) DB Parrish Cobb (@PctheDb4) says he feels like a Texas is close after visiting for Jr Day. Says an offer would "blow my top."

A little fact on DB Parrish Cobb (@PctheDb4), he actually grew up a Texas fan even though he lives in Waco.

http://247sports.com/Player/Parrish-Cobb-75537
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2193271/highlights/180123380/v2

RB/DB/Ath Aubrey White of Wylie East has de-committed from Kansas. 247 says we've offered but nobody else.

Per Scout, former NFL WR Keyshawn Johnson will be on the UT campus Saturday with a handful of his 7-on-7 select team called "Team 19." They will be at A&M on Friday night and they'll also visit OU and Nebraska on Sunday/Monday. Scout thinks at least one guy will be offered from that bunch over the weekend, so something to keep an eye on.

Look at the monster Kendall Jones:

d9814fc466d3246b9357de8cb2c334aa.jpg

3db76db22bc5368fc91e4ee27bbcc177.jpg

1fa14b33128c959f7e51438cf6692422.jpg

What the hell is going on at tech. If they can't hold on to qb's, who else is going to play there?

Originally posted by horn01:
What the hell is going on at tech. If they can't hold on to qb's, who else is going to play there?
They are tech, that's what is going on. Just like the Manziel shine has wearing off the aggy program, it wore off even faster from Kingsbury. He's shown nothing as a HC there other than the ability to run off a bunch of QBs.

Last night at a track meet I saw:
Ronald Jones: USC football
Justin Madabuike: 2016 offers everywhere football
Bryce Balous: OKState football/track
Chris Warren III: UT football
Deshon Elliot: UT football
Some girl committed to Miami to run track
Some girl committed to KState to run track

By far the best looking one was Chris Warren, he looked bigger than 6'3 240. Bryce Balous next, he smoked Ronald Jones in the 100m. And then Justin Madabuike.

This post was edited on 3/7 12:17 PM by CoachEmUp64

This post was edited on 3/7 12:20 PM by CoachEmUp64

The guys that felt dejected after not getting a #Letsride during/after Texas Junior Day must be really Shocked that the modern Mack didn't get a #Yessir during/after his FNL....
smokin.r191677.gif

Higs saying he doesn't think Texas will go get a JUCO or Grab QB at the moment. We'll see where we are after Spring practices.

Per Scout, RB Brandon Stephens of Plano is on his way to Austin today to meet with the coaches and tour campus.

Westside (TX) Baylor Commit DT Jordan Elliott tells me he will visit Texas next week.

Per OrangeBloods, OL Chris Owens of Arlington Lamar plans on visiting Texas during Spring Break.

Update on OL JP Urquidez of Copperas Cove (24/7):

"Overall it was good, a dream come true," Urquidez said. "You know, I've been working 17 years to come here, so now I've seen everything I've needed to see and I'll probably be pulling the trigger, not here, but overall here coming up pretty soon."

"My family is really attracted to him because of all of the core values and coming here and becoming a better man," Urquidez said. "I've got to see everything I wanted to see. I got to develop some good relationships with players."

"It was pretty tempting (to make a commitment)," Urquidez said. "My dad was here, which means a lot for him. Me and him have grown up watching Texas since I was born. The first shirt I had was Texas."

"We will see what happens from here," Urquidez said. "We will discuss what's best for me where my family can see me playing and we will go from there."

"Every place I have told myself is going to have a good weight room, they are going to have a good place to live, they are going to have a nice stadium. I just needed to talk with the coaches more, that's the biggest thing. Relationships and really seeing if I could play for somebody."

"Me and Wickline have a really great relationship," Urquidez said. "I feel like I'm here with him already. he's a crazy guy, he is something else, but I can see him put me to the next level after college. I like him a lot. He's aggressive, I'm aggressive, and we kind of see things the same way."

The Dallas Nike camp is this coming Saturday. We'll get official measurements and times on a bunch of guys.

LBs Dontavious Jackson and Jordan Carmouche both tweeted comments about being disappointed at racism at OU campus.

Isn't funny that Rumlin has become Mack in like 2 years time. From #WRTS to we only offer those who will commit right away, I am sitting back and just mailing it in.

The difference is the Mack has a MNC and Rumlin hasn't won a thing.

This post was edited on 3/9 11:52 AM by go_long

The name I still dont see anywhere, although we have offered him( well....us and everyone else) I dont see that we are after him and that is Ed Oliver, a DT out of Houston area. The deep dig had him the highest rated guy out of all the ones they rated....and by a pretty good margin. Whats up? He is a top 100 guy.

OT Jean Delance officially decommits from OU.

B_qvzBLUYAAi2s4.jpg:large

OG Chris Owens of Arlington Lamar talks about receiving his Texas offer (OrangeBloods):

"We were in class and weren't really doing anything. Shane sent me a screen shot saying coach (Joe) Wickline wanted me to get on the phone with him," Owens said. "I stepped out of class and called him. First he kind of wanted to get the rundown, see how I was doing, see if I'm going to be able to get to the campus any time soon. Then he informed me about himself a little bit, talked about one of the guys he coached previously, Russell Okung, and he said 'we want to offer you.' But he said that's not the most important part of the call, that I have an offer, but that's not why he called. He said he wants to start to building a relationship."

"I was actually very excited about it, considering the things coach Strong has done, and my best friend Shane is already committed there," Owens said. "I was excited."

"I'm narrowing down my list a little bit, little by little," Owens said. "My timeline, in a perfect world, I'd like to make a decision before my senior season begins so I can avoid distractions."

"What stands out is coach Strong, of course. I remember seeing what he did at Louisville. I had never seen Louisville as a football team being so competitive, only in basketball," Owens said. "He turns around programs, then you see the people he's bringing in. Texas in general, has a great history of winning. And it's definitely a school that produces at my position."

Chris Owens00: I am so blessed to receive my 25th offer from the University of Texas������ #LetsRide #HookEm

B_cIoxXU8AADqAn.jpg:large

Originally posted by TexExSpur:
I get the feelin' Texas lands, Delance, Urquidez, and Owens.
Well, this may satisfy any remaining doubters (myself included). Arlington Lamar OG Chris Owens (Buechele's teammate who was just offered) talking about Jean Delance and OT J.P. Urquidez:

JTV8vuk.png

He's excited about something, probably the chance to play together. And all signs suggest all three love Texas.

All three of those guys could be a great addition to the OL we brought in in the 2015 class. Talk about adding some much needed depth! That would be huge. I love how this staff is trying to reload instead of rebuild.

Not good news for OU recruiting after the Jean Delance decommitment:

DT Jordan Elliott
‏@jw3st95
I ain't goin to Norman so I can get hung ����

Not good news for OU recruiting after the Jean Delance decommitment:

DT Jordan Elliott
‏@jw3st95
I ain't goin to Norman so I can get hung ����

But, but, but.....the OU trolls said "nothing to see here".

Seriously, nothing is over til signing day. And maybe if they finally win or compete for CC this year.....OU could sure get back in the mix. But this frat thing is already burning them with current recruits.

Per Scout, RB Brandon Stephens of Plano is on his way to Austin today to meet with the coaches and tour campus.

Brandon Stephens yesterday in Austin, "HOOK'EM HORNS!"
1f402.png

B_sQhI8UsAA9mdG.jpg:large

New OU decommit OT Jean Delance favorited this from recruiting coordinator Omenihu:

EnDlEad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT