ADVERTISEMENT

Reminder: Moment of silence at noon today in honor of LONGHORNREALTOR

Re: Reminder: A moment of silence at today in honor of LONGHORNREALTOR

Thank you all for participating. Sad week for the OB family. Jeff will be missed.

1640364.jpg

Hats off to the OB family for participating in this. Jeff was a truly class person and my sympathies to Linda and family for their loss.

One last Hook 'em to a great Longhorn!

Sincerely,

Gary W. Guzner
utguz
San Antonio, Texas

We observed the moment of silence here at our home in Corpus with the picture Hornius provided projected through the Apple TV to the big screen. After the 5 minutes concluded, we got our horns up and played the eyes of Texas. We will miss you Jeff.

This post was edited on 1/2 12:14 PM by bevoluv

This post was edited on 1/2 12:17 PM by bevoluv

FYI, this was the first time something like this has been done for anybody on the entire Rivals.com network.

I'm proud that we were able to do it for someone who has meant so much to this community. RIP Jeff. You will be missed.

Originally posted by Suchomel:
FYI, this was the first time something like this has been done for anybody on the entire Rivals.com network.

I'm proud that we were able to do it for someone who has meant so much to this community. RIP Jeff. You will be missed.
+1

Thanks, guys and gals.

Originally posted by bevoluv:
We observed the moment of silence here at our home in Corpus with the picture Hornius provided projected through the Apple TV to the big screen. After the 5 minutes concluded, we got our horns up and played the eyes of Texas. We will miss you Jeff.

This post was edited on 1/2 12:14 PM by bevoluv

This post was edited on 1/2 12:17 PM by bevoluv

That's really cool. Well done.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Jeff was a great guy and will be missed by many. Thoughts & prayers continue to go out to Linda, the boys and family.

Major kudos to Ketch, Jason & the entire OB Rivals team for an awesome gesture!!

Originally posted by bmccorm2:
You know I was thinking the other day, and maybe it's excessive or a little corny although I don't think so, but what if we could honor LHRs handle permanently in some way? Maybe like on the 40 acres homepage above where it says who's signed on, you could just put Jeff's handle alone by itself as if he's always logged in. Again, this gesture is awesome in and of itself I was just thinking about that the other day.
How about renaming "The Longhorn Corral" "The Jeff Dillard Memorial Longhorn Corral," or "The Jeff Dillard Memorial Corral"

This post was edited on 1/2 12:43 PM by RUHP

I wanted to experience a tailgate last year for the first time and meet some of the OB community. My wife and I went to the tailgate last year and were immediately met by TJ and Eugene, who introduced us to Jeff, Linda and the boys. Everyone made us feel at home and a true part of the OB family. We also got to meet Matt, Samuel, David, John and many more at the tailgates last year. We wanted to pull our weight and brought Teresa's famous chicken dip and jello shots. We will miss you, Jeff, and continue to pray for Linda and the boys. Thanks to OB for letting us have the pleasure of meeting the Dillards.

Originally posted by Hornius Emeritus:
ec
Great pic, HE... RIP, Jeff Dillard, aka: LonghornRealtor. Husband, father, friend, Orangebloods.com first-ballot Hall of Famer. You are already missed...

Originally posted by Hornius Emeritus:
Originally posted by jmrtexcol:
Thanks HE....great pic
In his native tailgate environment.

Damn. Damn damn damn damn damn.
Yep. Nice job Jac. If you have seen him sitting there on that truck step once, you've seen it a hundred times. Every time I'd come down to Austin for a game, I'd make time to swing by the tailgate and visit with Jeff and the crew.

Sad day.

Originally posted by dognamedpig:

1640364.jpg
First class, guys. Prayers for the family.
Geoff, Such, Dustin, Anwar, Taylor, and the rest of the crack Orangebloods staff, well done....very well done. Thanks.

I knew him only from his posts on the board. He ways seemed like a standup guy. I wish I had gotten to met him. RIP LHR.....

Stephen F. Austin is buried in the Texas State Cemetery, along with many other illustrious Texans. Stephen has a statue on top of his grave with his left arm pointing out in a wonderful pose. It's pretty tall. Go look at it. I had a very good friend whom Bullock insisted be buried right beside Steve and right under his outstretched arm.

Wish we could slip LHR in there with Big Daddy. They would have loved each other, and then started cooking a damn goat or something.........

This was an awesome gesture by the OB staff and whomever suggested it. Thanks guys and Taylor. I know it meant a great deal to Linda and the boys.

ADVERTISEMENT