ADVERTISEMENT

Spare the remarks, I know you don't care, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by HornEsch:
Originally posted by ball911:
Many people today cannot read or listen to opinions that are different than their own. Apparently OP is one of those folks. It's easy when Texas wins and everyone is happy and positive about that. It shouldn't be surprising that when Texas loses, some are going to talk about that and express their opinions as to why that may be. There are some things one has to acknowledge when you have discussions where ever they are...1) I could be wrong, 2) You could be wrong, 3) We could both be wrong.
You completely miss the point. It has nothing to do with different opinions and the discussions around those. It has to do with the board being reduced to bickering and attacking each others different views. It is one thing to voice an opinion, but there is no need to act like 8 year olds when doing it.
This.. And it's a FEW on BOTH sides doing it.. But there's too many threads discussing the whinimg as well. Emtire page full of posts preaching at posters for expressing their opinion on football matters. Nobody should.be attacked for expressing their opinion on football matters. Just keep it on topic and don attack posters with name-calling or else there's an internet fight to follow.

Originally posted by horns--21:

Originally posted by echeese:

Originally posted by MR. COSELL:

I open this site and all i see is an entire page of posters whinimg about board rules... Basicallycallin out anyody who isnt a sunshine pumper. I've barely posted in over a week. I just figures the OP could have selected the countless other threads the complain about board rules....or at least put OT.
And yet I get called out on this thread.

Sorry, I find the "victim card" kinda humorous.

Not that I am worried about the call out (especially considering the source) but I am amused by the hypocrisy.

Dude, you get called out, because you are a 60 year old man who acts like a teenager and posts every few seconds. Your act grew tired and old in 2001.

Ah,

My pet stocker, still butt hurt after his "big proof" blew up in his face (what was that like 6 years ago???)

But actual reading comprehension is your friend.

But hey, never let that stop you from showing us your backside.

Ironic that you actually attempted to justify richard head behavior.

This post fits well:

Many people today cannot read or listen to opinions that are different than their own. . . .. . .

And I would argue that they act like 8 year olds because they don't know how to have a discussion with someone who has a different opinion than their own. Personally, I believe that's because people don't challenge themselves by reading or listening to divergent opinions.....jmo.
This post was edited on 12/10 7:45 PM by echeese

Many people today cannot read or listen to opinions that are different than their own. Apparently OP is one of those folks. It's easy when Texas wins and everyone is happy and positive about that. It shouldn't be surprising that when Texas loses, some are going to talk about that and express their opinions as to why that may be. There are some things one has to acknowledge when you have discussions where ever they are...1) I could be wrong, 2) You could be wrong, 3) We could both be wrong.
----------------
You completely miss the point. It has nothing to do with different opinions and the discussions around those. It has to do with the board being reduced to bickering and attacking each others different views. It is one thing to voice an opinion, but there is no need to act like 8 year olds when doing it.
-----------------

And I would argue that they act like 8 year olds because they don't know how to have a discussion with someone who has a different opinion than their own. Personally, I believe that's because people don't challenge themselves by reading or listening to divergent opinions.....jmo.

-----------------

laugh.r191677.gif

Laughing at the timing of the post.

Your message is spot on.

Winning will fix everything with this board. Go to any board of a program that is used to being Top 10 year after year and you will see the same stuff if they suck.

There is a lot of stuff posted here that I don't like. I've never once thought about taking a break. I simply don't care enough about most of your opinions to let them bother me.

Some of you guys need to sack up. These types of posts have a more whiney tone than the ones you go out of your way to try and shout down.

If you want those threads to go away, stop posting on them. They'll go away. It's science.

Do what you want to guys but I refuse to let people steal my joy.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

ummmm.......did anyone notice this on the OP's fan page?

Am I the only one that thinks this is creepy?

1/16 3:22 AM[/B]
Taylor, I've watched you a number of times of TV and I believe you have the right idea with your cleavage. Every person has to have a hook or they're soon forgotten. Use it or lose it. However, you get on camera and cover it up with your beautiful hair. You set your hook up, then cover it up. That hook is what made Dolly Parton and others famous. Others in your profession use that same method to their advantage. Erin comes to mind. Do not hesitate to do so or you will lose out on opportunities. It's still a man's world out there and they will say, well, Taylor is not afraid to get in front of the camera with her boobs showing so she's got the balls to get a job done. Pardon the pun! TAke it from someone who listened to men in boardrooms who made decisions based on that. If a woman was not afraid to talk and not afraid to use her female assets, that's what the bigwigs look for. Trust me. I heard it all the time. I know it sounds bad but Erin and all the others have done whatever it took to get to wherever they are; don't think for a moment they haven't. A woman in a man's world still has to do whatever she has to do. It sounds bad and you and Erin and everyone else can deny whatever anyone says you did but if you turn someone down you've turned down your opportunity. By the way, I have no dog in this fight. I'm retired. I just think highy of you and want you to succeed. Anyone who tells you I'm feeding you a line of bullshit is feeding you a line of bullshit. You be sweet as you are and don't sweat the other things. In the long run they fade away. Don't get mad at me for telling you this. I only mean good for you.

Originally posted by NOT TEXAS GOOD

1/16 3:22 AM

Taylor, I've watched you a number of times of TV and I believe you have the right idea with your cleavage. Every person has to have a hook or they're soon forgotten. Use it or lose it. However, you get on camera and cover it up with your beautiful hair. You set your hook up, then cover it up. That hook is what made Dolly Parton and others famous. Others in your profession use that same method to their advantage. Erin comes to mind. Do not hesitate to do so or you will lose out on opportunities. It's still a man's world out there and they will say, well, Taylor is not afraid to get in front of the camera with her boobs showing so she's got the balls to get a job done. Pardon the pun! TAke it from someone who listened to men in boardrooms who made decisions based on that. If a woman was not afraid to talk and not afraid to use her female assets, that's what the bigwigs look for. Trust me. I heard it all the time. I know it sounds bad but Erin and all the others have done whatever it took to get to wherever they are; don't think for a moment they haven't. A woman in a man's world still has to do whatever she has to do. It sounds bad and you and Erin and everyone else can deny whatever anyone says you did but if you turn someone down you've turned down your opportunity. By the way, I have no dog in this fight. I'm retired. I just think highy of you and want you to succeed. Anyone who tells you I'm feeding you a line of bullshit is feeding you a line of bullshit. You be sweet as you are and don't sweat the other things. In the long run they fade away. Don't get mad at me for telling you this. I only mean good for you.[/B]

bwahahaha!

Originally posted by NOT TEXAS GOOD:

Taylor, I've watched you a number of times of TV and I believe you have the right idea with your cleavage. Every person has to have a hook or they're soon forgotten. Use it or lose it. However, you get on camera and cover it up with your beautiful hair. You set your hook up, then cover it up. That hook is what made Dolly Parton and others famous. Others in your profession use that same method to their advantage. Erin comes to mind. Do not hesitate to do so or you will lose out on opportunities. It's still a man's world out there and they will say, well, Taylor is not afraid to get in front of the camera with her boobs showing so she's got the balls to get a job done. Pardon the pun! TAke it from someone who listened to men in boardrooms who made decisions based on that. If a woman was not afraid to talk and not afraid to use her female assets, that's what the bigwigs look for. Trust me. I heard it all the time. I know it sounds bad but Erin and all the others have done whatever it took to get to wherever they are; don't think for a moment they haven't. A woman in a man's world still has to do whatever she has to do. It sounds bad and you and Erin and everyone else can deny whatever anyone says you did but if you turn someone down you've turned down your opportunity. By the way, I have no dog in this fight. I'm retired. I just think highy of you and want you to succeed. Anyone who tells you I'm feeding you a line of bullshit is feeding you a line of bullshit. You be sweet as you are and don't sweat the other things. In the long run they fade away. Don't get mad at me for telling you this. I only mean good for you.
Creeper
dead.r191677.gif

SMH

That is a little strange but I have seen worse on posts that have half naked women on them. Besides....what does that have to do with what the OP was saying? Absolutely nothing.

I'm anxiously awaiting the mods to do a better job of cleaning this site up myself. Flame away.

tumblr_m5xsfwuXHH1rnvlqy.gif

creepytree.gif

Hornbacker,
You're right, there's a lot of shiite on this board right, whiney, self-centered, egocentric JAGS. I don't post much, really prefer to read others take on things...but this board has gone bonkers lately. I'll miss our posts...totally understand your frustration, especially given the nonsense that transpired last night after your post.
I'll look forward to seeing you post again when you're ready. mr

Whatthefvck...
sick.r191677.gif

Originally posted by tuff979:
On a related note, why is that tommygun86 dude on everybody's fan page?
Because he isn't allowed to post on the board. I hardly ever go to my fanpage but I did one time and there was a message from him about baseball.

okay....do what now? is this real?

edit: so op wrote this on his own fan page? because he knew taylor was going to read it? my head is spinning right now.

This post was edited on 12/10 8:05 PM by mln59

I'm with you on this OP. Having to decipher which posts are worth the time and deal with the constant negativity, threads about Aggys, and everything else not related to Longhorn sports drives me nuts (minus a few Happy Friday posts).

I did take the advise of what another poster suggested and basically stick with the pinned threads or threads from our local insiders.

It wasn't the fans that turned the UT athletic program into a pile of crap. If you can watch the pathetic fraud most of our sports programs have become and not be negative, then congratulations, you are just more righteous than some of the rest of us. I endured the misery of 84' to 94' and I don't really care to go there again.

Originally posted by mln59:

okay....do what now? is this real?
it's on his fan page.

Originally posted by BurntOrangeBassAssassin:
Because he isn't allowed to post on the board. I hardly ever go to my fanpage but I did one time and there was a message from him about baseball.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
What did ol' tommy do?

Originally posted by houstonearler:
This place is no different than any other large college football fan board. When things are tough, they are hard to read. People need to stop being puzzies and just accept that.
There's a lot of truth to this.

We will continue to do the best job we can to police the boards and take out the trash, but there are a lot of angry people right now and they ARE Longhorn fans.

It's a tough passion to have when the return on the investment is way behind and the last three years added up have taken a toll on people.

If you see specific posts or posters that you believe are an issue, I encourage you to email. help by being part of the solution. It helps to have eyeballs that will help.

Originally posted by BurntOrangeBassAssassin:
What did ol' tommy do?
He didn't play well with others.

Hornbacker, I agree with you complety. I get sick of posters who get on board and Bash the players.They love this University and . They are Kids and most are very young and play their hearts out for Texas.If you must bash someone, try bashing the Hollywood slum that blatanly show their imorality in every way possible. I get extremely tired of the Unthinking jerks who do this.I don't post often and never will.

Remember him? He was tough, but I liked him as a poster.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by houstonearler:
This place is no different than any other large college football fan board. When things are tough, they are hard to read. People need to stop being puzzies and just accept that.
There's a lot of truth to this.

We will continue to do the best job we can to police the boards and take out the trash, but there are a lot of angry people right now and they ARE Longhorn fans.

It's a tough passion to have when the return on the investment is way behind and the last three years added up have taken a toll on people.

If you see specific posts or posters that you believe are an issue, I encourage you to email. help by being part of the solution. It helps to have eyeballs that will help.
THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT