ADVERTISEMENT

Spare the remarks, I know you don't care, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by NOT TEXAS GOOD:
ummmm.......did anyone notice this on the OP's fan page?

Am I the only one that thinks this is creepy?

1/16 3:22 AM[/B]
Taylor, I've watched you a number of times of TV and I believe you have the right idea with your cleavage. Every person has to have a hook or they're soon forgotten. Use it or lose it. However, you get on camera and cover it up with your beautiful hair. You set your hook up, then cover it up. That hook is what made Dolly Parton and others famous. Others in your profession use that same method to their advantage. Erin comes to mind. Do not hesitate to do so or you will lose out on opportunities. It's still a man's world out there and they will say, well, Taylor is not afraid to get in front of the camera with her boobs showing so she's got the balls to get a job done. Pardon the pun! TAke it from someone who listened to men in boardrooms who made decisions based on that. If a woman was not afraid to talk and not afraid to use her female assets, that's what the bigwigs look for. Trust me. I heard it all the time. I know it sounds bad but Erin and all the others have done whatever it took to get to wherever they are; don't think for a moment they haven't. A woman in a man's world still has to do whatever she has to do. It sounds bad and you and Erin and everyone else can deny whatever anyone says you did but if you turn someone down you've turned down your opportunity. By the way, I have no dog in this fight. I'm retired. I just think highy of you and want you to succeed. Anyone who tells you I'm feeding you a line of bullshit is feeding you a line of bullshit. You be sweet as you are and don't sweat the other things. In the long run they fade away. Don't get mad at me for telling you this. I only mean good for you.
I agree with the OP, it might just be a good time for him to leave.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by houstonearler:
This place is no different than any other large college football fan board. When things are tough, they are hard to read. People need to stop being puzzies and just accept that.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
There's a lot of truth to this.

We will continue to do the best job we can to police the boards and take out the trash, but there are a lot of angry people right now and they ARE Longhorn fans.

It's a tough passion to have when the return on the investment is way behind and the last three years added up have taken a toll on people.

If you see specific posts or posters that you believe are an issue, I encourage you to email. help by being part of the solution. It helps to have eyeballs that will help.
Let's start with editing a fan page.

This post was edited on 12/10 8:09 PM by CallawayItIs

Any true Longhorn fan should be livid with the situation that UT athletics is in. Our overpaid head coach needs to be shown the door. Our AD only cares about money and is waiting for his pension to kick in. He doesn't want to have to hire any new coaches and actually do his job. Our basketball program is in the crapper and baseball is stagnant too. For those getting all mad at those who are livid just relax. Apathy will soon set in. Mack Brown will get his way like he always does no matter how lousy of a job he does. Let's just hope that we don't lose any recruits or current players. We can only hope that things go better next year.
This post was edited on 12/10 8:21 PM by Big Bertha

Originally posted by mln59:

Taylor, I've watched you a number of times of TV and I believe you have the right idea with your cleavage. Every person has to have a hook or they're soon forgotten. Use it or lose it. However, you get on camera and cover it up with your beautiful hair. You set your hook up, then cover it up. That hook is what made Dolly Parton and others famous. Others in your profession use that same method to their advantage. Erin comes to mind. Do not hesitate to do so or you will lose out on opportunities. It's still a man's world out there and they will say, well, Taylor is not afraid to get in front of the camera with her boobs showing so she's got the balls to get a job done. Pardon the pun! TAke it from someone who listened to men in boardrooms who made decisions based on that. If a woman was not afraid to talk and not afraid to use her female assets, that's what the bigwigs look for. Trust me. I heard it all the time. I know it sounds bad but Erin and all the others have done whatever it took to get to wherever they are; don't think for a moment they haven't. A woman in a man's world still has to do whatever she has to do. It sounds bad and you and Erin and everyone else can deny whatever anyone says you did but if you turn someone down you've turned down your opportunity. By the way, I have no dog in this fight. I'm retired. I just think highy of you and want you to succeed. Anyone who tells you I'm feeding you a line of bullshit is feeding you a line of bullshit. You be sweet as you are and don't sweat the other things. In the long run they fade away. Don't get mad at me for telling you this. I only mean good for you.
okay....do what now? is this real?

edit: so op wrote this on his own fan page? because he knew taylor was going to read it? my head is spinning right now.
I did a double take also. It was posted at 3 in the AM, so I would venture to guess he was drunk,watching Taylor Gaspar OB videos. I mean you would have to be drunk to post something like this on your own fan page, right?

laugh.r191677.gif

wow

This is the correct statement of the situation. How many times does one have to say the same thing?
We got it the first time.

This used to be a place to come to view for helpful and insightful dialog on things UT (and other topics). But now that has been lost due to the incessant buzzing of those who must constantly remind us that they are not happy with the current situation.

From the recent history of the topics and confrontations one would think that by continually being the buzzing fly that eventually the the other side will leave. Like 2 three year olds trying to out shout each other.

Eventually, one side may get their wish. Only those who agree with their point of view will remain and then they can say this is a great place to be as we all agree and have the same point of view. Boring but happy.

Let me know when there appears a meaningful discussion, again which is not pinned to the top of the board.

Oh yeah, Happy Hannukah
wink.r191677.gif

edit: so op wrote this on his own fan page? because he knew taylor was going to read it? my head is spinning right now.
I did a double take also. It was posted at 3 in the AM, so I would venture to guess he was drunk,watching Taylor Gaspar OB videos. I mean you would have to be drunk to post something like this on your own fan page, right?

laugh.r191677.gif
Can you post on your own fan page? I was under the impression that only others could. Obviously, I haven't spent anytime there.

This post was edited on 12/10 8:20 PM by Reverent Horn

Originally posted by Reverent Horn:

laugh.r191677.gif
Can you post on your own fan page? I was under the impression that only others could. Obviously, I haven't spent anytime there.

yeah, it will appear like you wrote yourself a message.

"Do what I say, not what I do" the ones complaining the most about how this site is unreadable and not what it once was are the same ones calling posters babies, whiners, trolls and such.... Hypocrites being hypocritical.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

laugh.r191677.gif

yeah, it will appear like you wrote yourself a message.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/10 8:29 PM by CallawayItIs

Like Ketch said, this board isn't much different than any other board with tons of traffic when the team it covers is underachieving for a stretch of multiple years. The majority of fans (yes, fans) aren't happy with the direction of the program, and they want to vent.

I do agree that there have been too many personal attacks that have slipped through the cracks though. Nothing too over the top, but calling someone an "idiot" and the like needs a suspension, and it's something we'll be discussing as a staff soon.

This place is no different than any other large college football fan board. When things are tough, they are hard to read. People need to stop being puzzies and just accept that.

We will continue to do the best job we can to police the boards and take out the trash, but there are a lot of angry people right now and they ARE Longhorn fans.

It's a tough passion to have when the return on the investment is way behind and the last three years added up have taken a toll on people.

If you see specific posts or posters that you believe are an issue, I encourage you to email. help by being part of the solution. It helps to have eyeballs that will help.
thank you. I read a lot of other school's boards and this one is the same as all frankly.

Originally posted by Suchomel:
Like Ketch said, this board isn't much different than any other board with tons of traffic when the team it covers is underachieving for a stretch of multiple years. The majority of fans (yes, fans) aren't happy with the direction of the program, and they want to vent.

I do agree that there have been too many personal attacks that have slipped through the cracks though. Nothing too over the top, but calling someone an "idiot" and the like needs a suspension, and it's something we'll be discussing as a staff soon.
Dang, you are about to have more suspensions than an inner city middle school.

Whoa there, creep.

Why is it that anyone that accepts a more measured approach is absolutely lambasted on here? They gave Mack three years, he's got one more and he's done. Chill. He is not leaving yet.

Originally posted by Big Bertha:

Any true Longhorn fan should be livid with the situation that UT athletics is in.

A TRUE Long horn fan wouldn't be bragging on message boards about enjoying aggie games more.

Just saying.

Originally posted by CM286456:
It appears this site is divided into two camps. Those that want to force change and those that don't. If a person wants Mack gone then that person is negative and should be run off the board. If u like things like they are, then your a sunshine pumper who has lost touch with reality. Which ever side you take that person is attacked and insulted. There has to be some middle ground here because everyone has a right to an opinion.
The really sad part is this is what is happening "inside the 40 acres". There is not a lot of positive things happening for Texas sports right now.
That is not the situation. You are correct, there are two camps: Those that want Mack gone and never stop posting their negative crap over and over; jumping in on every positive thread to spew their poison. And the other camp that also would like to see a coaching change, but has accepted the fact that the decision makers have decided to give Mack another year. Those of us who feel that way still want to support the program, talk about next year, etc... without having to have the naysayers bring their negative perspective to every thread.

They have a right to post their whining, but damn it is exasperating.
Bingo Bongo!!!!!

From now on this is a man's world and anyone that disagrees will get put on blast. If you have a hook use it. If you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen. I suggest you grow some cleavage and use it to your advantage. You need to stand up for what you believe in and the MODS will reward you with a comped sub. If not, they will say, "There is that guy BOBA, with his fake tits and no opinion. At least ToadHallGangstar gets banned for flaunting his talent of blasting the tits that give him an edge"

This is a great sociology experiment. What everyone seems to be searching for is decorum. There is very little of it whether you are for or against Mack.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. It's not any different than anywhere else in our country today. We're incapable of having a debate without baseless, personal attacks. The art of debate is disappearing and we are proving it on this board.

At the end of the day if you don't like what is happening on this board then don't pay for it. I find it entertaining. This is not rocket science and it's not life and death. It's frickin' college football.

Hook 'em

I agree Hornbacker. Very frustrating.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

And there you have it!!! The goal is to be like everyone else
sick0006.r191677.gif

FYI< I'm the one that had the pleasure of notifying Taylor of this thread's existence.
smokin.r191677.gif

I agree with you 100%. I never post because of the behavior on the board. I still keep my account open but never post. I have been a Longhorn fan since 1962. Hurts to see a mob mentality take over the board. Love the Longhorns; the fans, not so much. Took a lot of courage to talk. I commend you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT