ADVERTISEMENT

Spare the remarks, I know you don't care, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are simply angry. The people who are very negative simply want Mack gone in a massive way. There was hope that this was going to occur and the fact that it hasnt happen and does not appear that it will happen has caused people to lash out regarding it.

I'm not saying it is fair, or anything else. Merely that it is what has happened. People need to vent. Also, for better or worse, many/most people think that level of necessary to precipitate change. Whether that is true or not, who knows, but I 100% believe that people do this largely to try and spread their beliefs regarding this program.

Furthermore, being negative does not mean you are not a fan. It is beyond ridiculous to even try to state that. Everyone approaches things differently, there is no cookie cutter approach. Being insanely positive is just as bad in my eyes.

That said, how are the hypocritical call out posts like this not just as bad. Isn't telling another poster that they suck and are stupid the same bad post. Everyone is arguing, including the ones who claim they don't want to or even aren't arguing.

The simple truth is that things suck right now. Like Ketch said, people have a lot invested when it comes to this program and it isnt good right now. Winning will fix most of what is wrong.

Originally posted by Ketchum:
FYI< I'm the one that had the pleasure of notifying Taylor of this thread's existence.
smokin.r191677.gif
I would have deleted the thread. Once she finds out she has an edge and how to use it, she may get hired away.

Originally posted by Suchomel:
Like Ketch said, this board isn't much different than any other board with tons of traffic when the team it covers is underachieving for a stretch of multiple years. The majority of fans (yes, fans) aren't happy with the direction of the program, and they want to vent.

I do agree that there have been too many personal attacks that have slipped through the cracks though. Nothing too over the top, but calling someone an "idiot" and the like needs a suspension, and it's something we'll be discussing as a staff soon.
Y'all have tons of "respected" posters who call people idiot and worse (this thread for example) and nothing is done to them, yet others like myself have been banned for calling an obvious aggie troll an idiot. If you are going to enforce rules you need to be consistent across the board or you lose all credibility.

Originally posted by longhorn73:

Originally posted by houstonearler:
This place is no different than any other large college football fan board. When things are tough, they are hard to read. People need to stop being puzzies and just accept that.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
There's a lot of truth to this.

We will continue to do the best job we can to police the boards and take out the trash, but there are a lot of angry people right now and they ARE Longhorn fans.

It's a tough passion to have when the return on the investment is way behind and the last three years added up have taken a toll on people.

If you see specific posts or posters that you believe are an issue, I encourage you to email. help by being part of the solution. It helps to have eyeballs that will help.
And there you have it!!! The goal is to be like everyone else
sick0006.r191677.gif
Amazing how many think that " a difference of opinion" is the issue. It's not.

Originally posted by tuff979:

Like Ketch said, this board isn't much different than any other board with tons of traffic when the team it covers is underachieving for a stretch of multiple years. The majority of fans (yes, fans) aren't happy with the direction of the program, and they want to vent.

I do agree that there have been too many personal attacks that have slipped through the cracks though. Nothing too over the top, but calling someone an "idiot" and the like needs a suspension, and it's something we'll be discussing as a staff soon.
Y'all have tons of "respected" posters who call people idiot and worse (this thread for example) and nothing is done to them, yet others like myself have been banned for calling an obvious aggie troll an idiot. If you are going to enforce rules you need to be consistent across the board or you lose all credibility.
Maybe you should become a member of the BBCC. We get special privileges.

I am so glad my life is more than a sports message board. More than sports. More than caring what strangers on an internet think or don't think.

Ketch, just for the record, I still love this place and the jerks that post on it. Even the ones I've blocked. Even the attempted trolls. It's just for fun for me and it should be for everyone on here.

Originally posted by NOT TEXAS GOOD:

Originally posted by tuff979:

Maybe you should become a member of the BBCC. We get special privileges.
tumblr_ljnxkpEPEi1qfs4uco1_500.gif

This thread is actually a reason to love OB.

Is the note to Taylor a joke along with original post? Are we being played? Or, could it be this guy is really a creeper?

I said the other day I think the platform just isn't for me anymore...I'm not going to leave and go to another site, if I do leave it will be away from this whole thing. It's tough right now, and it's almost been worth a ban to tell some people some things
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by MBarnett:
Cosell is making the OP's point for him. He has an agenda, he is ignorant and he won't tolerate anyone who has a varying degree of his opinion. Stay classy.

Yep
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Hello Nasty:
I am so glad my life is more than a sports message board. More than sports. More than caring what strangers on an internet think or don't think.

Ketch, just for the record, I still love this place and the jerks that post on it. Even the ones I've blocked. Even the attempted trolls. It's just for fun for me and it should be for everyone on here.
I agree. I pay $10 for the info Ketch and the MODS provide. Everything else is a bonus and for fun IMO.

I just took a four day break of coming on here. Tired of the bashing and didn't want to hear about the football awards and little johnny.

Told my wife I was quiting for a week and a half. She didn't believe me. Made it four days then realized it was banquet weekend. Couldn't help myself.

Dysfunctional place but it's all I got.

Originally posted by longhorn73:
And there you have it!!! The goal is to be like everyone else
sick0006.r191677.gif
alien.r191677.gif
then ok.....

It's definitely more difficult than ever to have a FB conversation which for me takes my mind off work a bit and was kind of a cool stress reliever......

I mean...if every other site is like this site now, it was great while it lasted and I probably should have enjoyed a bit more than I did.

This place is no different than any other large college football fan board. When things are tough, they are hard to read. People need to stop being puzzies and just accept that.

We will continue to do the best job we can to police the boards and take out the trash, but there are a lot of angry people right now and they ARE Longhorn fans.

It's a tough passion to have when the return on the investment is way behind and the last three years added up have taken a toll on people.

If you see specific posts or posters that you believe are an issue, I encourage you to email. help by being part of the solution. It helps to have eyeballs that will help.
I have many of the same feelings as the original poster with the exception of Taylor's cleavage. The problem with your response Ketch is that many of us think this board and you should have higher standards. Part of what made this board so much better than all the others was the combination of great info and incite provided by moderators and just as importantly, it members.

Unfortunately many of the great members have been unfairly treated poorly. These are people that help build this site reputation and are now being told to "stop being puzzies and just accept that". To say just accept it is a shitty answer to a complaint by many. Hell I am angry but I am not on the site berating other members just because I am angry. Yall have no problem keeping the political post and breast off the site shouldn't that hard to keep a few obnoxious members off either.

This post was edited on 12/10 9:06 PM by Salty Mule

I agree Hornbacker. I spend about 25% of the time I used to spend on the board. If my sybscription had not just automatically renewed for a year last week I would cancel. I am tired of those who have nothing of value to say and take over a thread to prove it by making countless posts with the purpose of having the last word however irrelevant.

FYI< I'm the one that had the pleasure of notifying Taylor of this thread's existence.
smokin.r191677.gif
What was her reaction? Was she creeped out?

Originally posted by Reverent Horn:

smokin.r191677.gif
Or is she going to take his advice?

Originally posted by Reverent Horn:

smokin.r191677.gif
She posted on my fanpage that she can't believe he did that.

This thread could use an Icey Mike.

Originally posted by Salty Mule:

I have many of the same feelings as the original poster with the exception of Taylor's cleavage. The problem with your response Ketch is that many of us think this board and you should have higher standards. Part of what made this board so much better than all the others was the combination of great info and incite provided by moderators and just as importantly, it members.

Unfortunately many of the great members have been unfairly treated poorly. These are people that help build this site reputation and are now being told to "stop being puzzies and just accept that". To say just accept it is a shitty answer to a complaint by many. Hell I am angry but I am not on the site berating other members just because I am angry. Yall have no problem keeping the political post and breast off the site shouldn't that hard to keep a few obnoxious members off either.

This post was edited on 12/10 9:06 PM by Salty Mule
Good point Salty. Been discussing this very thing tonight in an email thread with other posters.

Originally posted by TheDude41:
This thread could use an Icey Mike.

Thinking the same thing. We may have to bring in the Donkey for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT